1.    #1  
    The screen on my brand new 650 goes dark just after a restart. I can get the screen to light up. I can see the images on the screen but I can't get the screen backlight to turn on. Help please.
    Wwhat do you mean by restart Do you mean after a soft or hard reset? Or do you mean when you hit the red phone button to turn on the device?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by drknucklehead
    Wwhat do you mean by restart Do you mean after a soft or hard reset? Or do you mean when you hit the red phone button to turn on the device?
    I ment after a soft reset. I did a hard reset and all if fine. I believe the problem was Bright Cam. I think it turned off the screen backlight because the camera is more sensitive than the 600 camera.
    We should make a sticky thread to handle 650 specific software problems
    I would say that you need to make sure you don't use Bright Cam. I did my first sync with all the programs that I had on the Treo 600 and after the sync, the 650 went into a viscious reset loop. I had to do a hard reset and now I am going to do what someone else suggested, put in one program at a time and hope I don't hit the same thing. If I do, I will post what program is causing the reset loop.
    jamesalexander (at) compuserve.com