Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    So I've been using my Treo 600 on my Dell. Now that I am happier with my Mac OSX (no crashes, no viruses, no pop ups) I plan to plug my 650 to the Mac.

I have several programs in the Dell (Palm programs I've paid for). I also have Backupman.

So when I get my 650 what? Do I set it up as a new user? Or the same name user? Do I use the backupman card? Do I leave my old programs in the Dell? What advice can I get?
    When I moved from Windows to a Mac, I just installed the Palm Desktop on the Mac and synced. My username was created on the Mac, and everything on the Palm at that point was backed up to the Mac.
    Agreed. It's pretty straightforward. Make sure your current handheld is up to date, do a backup to BackupMan on SD card. Install Palm Desktop to Mac OSX. Perform a hotsync with "handheld overwrites desktop" selected and you should be good to go. BTW, I have been able to get my PBG4 to bluetooth sync with my T650, but not USB sync as of yet...
    Quote Originally Posted by talkin73
    BTW, I have been able to get my PBG4 to bluetooth sync with my T650, but not USB sync as of yet...
    That's good news. Assuming that the BT modem link works as well as on the Tungsten, we're good to go.
    This is excellent news that you've got your PBG4 to bluetooth sync with your T650. Have you been able to take phone calls, use caller ID, etc. from your PB?

Quote Originally Posted by talkin73
    Agreed. It's pretty straightforward. Make sure your current handheld is up to date, do a backup to BackupMan on SD card. Install Palm Desktop to Mac OSX. Perform a hotsync with "handheld overwrites desktop" selected and you should be good to go. BTW, I have been able to get my PBG4 to bluetooth sync with my T650, but not USB sync as of yet...