1.    #1  
    The Treo 650 USB sync cables PalmOne offers explicitly state that they do not charge the battery. However, I see plenty of cables on E-Bay claiming to sync and charge.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...732976619&rd=1

What's the truth? Can you charge this phone with a USB cable? (Hoping the answer is yes )

Thanks in advance.
    It appears you can charge the phne with the included USB cable. It doesn't appear to be charging, but apparently it works.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I actually didn't think this was true, but i tried it myslef last night.

I have a PowerBook which I set to not go to sleep, plugged in my USB-Sunc cable to the Treo which was at 78% when i went to bed. To my surprise, it is now showing 99%(!).

This is great because I'm leaving on a trip today and had already packed away my charger. ;-)
    This will be good as the Treo only comes with one charger (excusable) but palmOne isn't selling additional ones!!!!! Grrr. And I won't buy third party ones after I fried a pair of 600s using cruddy third party chargers (they still worked, but USB hotsync is dead).
    There is another thread going on this issue. Apparently the factory USB HotSync cable will slowly trickle charge your T650, even though the charging LED will not light up. Not as good as a real combo sync-charge cable, which apparently are now available on eBay.
    I purchased the "Palm PalmOne Treo 650 USB HOT SYNC charger cable" from user "rjackson72" on eBay and just receved it today... It seems to work as advertised and has quite a nice build quality. The plug is a bit snug on the T650, but I'd rather it be a bit snug than too loose...

I would recommend this product and eBay seller.
    Quote Originally Posted by jposin
    There is another thread going on this issue. Apparently the factory USB HotSync cable will slowly trickle charge your T650, even though the charging LED will not light up. Not as good as a real combo sync-charge cable, which apparently are now available on eBay.
    Hi,

By "factory USB HotSync cable" do you mean the PalmOne branded USB HotSync cable they sell in the stores?

Thanks.
    -Carl Gundel, author of Liberty BASIC
    http://www.libertybasic.com
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    kd_cooke, does the status indicator light show you that it's charging (when using your eBay sync-and-charge cable)?
    Sure does... And I get that audible "booo-deeep" when the T6500 is plugged in too!
    Does anyone know what the small cable that came with the 650 is for ??? and how can I use that as a charger?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki
    Does anyone know what the small cable that came with the 650 is for ??? and how can I use that as a charger?
    That was a mystery for me, too, until yesterday when I strolled into the Sprint store looking for a car charger.

The rep told me if I had any previous phones that used the Sprint standard car or wall charger, then I can use this Small Adapter Cable that came in all Sprint's T650 package.

Wow, this just saved me about $20. I can reuse all my chargers I've invested in on my previous Samsung A460.
    - Greg

My Palm Pre Evo Tree
    Pilot 5000 -> 1MB Upg -> Zire -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 4-yr abstinance -> Palm Pre!