1.    #1  
    FIRST: Please lets keep this a real thread with good information. If you don’t like apple that’s fine, but/so please stay away from this thread unless you have something useful to share, okay? Thank you!

I am using (& have always used) palm’s hot sync with my old Treo 600 and its now gotten to the point where the sync just isn’t trustable anymore. Tonight I’m going to spend time cleaning up my desktop in the hope of installing the new software for the 650 this weekend – received the cool 650 today.

I am contemplating installing missing sync or using isync and then using all of Osx’s programs, from the mail program to the ical. What do people feel is the best, most problem free sync software that might also let us use our new Bluetooth sync ability? Also does anyone know if ical can pull contacts from apples address book or is ical a stand-alone app, i.e. make an appointment with X and then X’s contact information is pulled and placed in the time slot?

Thanks,
    Sanford
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    I use the Missing Sync w/o any issues:

Synchronize with iCal
    Synchronize with Address Book
    Synchronize with Microsoft Entourage
    Connect with Bluetooth
    Connect with Wi-Fi / AirPort
    Mount memory cards on the Mac OS X desktop
    Transfer MP3s from iTunes to your handheld
    Import/Export images with iPhoto
    Browse the Web, download email, sync with AvantGo
    SyncMinder™ lets you know it's time to sync
    MemoPad application syncs handheld memos
    SplashPhoto image viewer included
    iSync will sync your Mac AddressBook with a Bluetooth Palm, but it expects to use the HotSync app to connect to the Palm (either via BT or over a cable). iSync will also sync your iCal entries with the Palm calendar.

In what way is HotSync "not trustable anymore"? When I've had issues with HotSyncing, it's inevitably been a specific conduit that's been the trouble, not HotSync itself. Do you have any third-party conduits that you can disable and try syncing again?

I use MissingSync to mount the SD card on my desktop and transfer files (transferring large files via HotSync always times out for me). Works great, but I still rely on HotSync to do the actual personal information sync.
    I've made the switch from Hotsync Manager to Missing Sync, and it's been great. The Hotsync Manager is fine, but Missing Sync does much, much more. Plus, I can't live without conduit profiles anymore.

TheHandlessKing
    Latest moBlog shot:
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jimf
    In what way is HotSync "not trustable anymore"? When I've had issues with HotSyncing, it's inevitably been a specific conduit that's been the trouble, not HotSync itself. Do you have any third-party conduits that you can disable and try syncing again?

I use MissingSync to mount the SD card on my desktop and transfer files (transferring large files via HotSync always times out for me). Works great, but I still rely on HotSync to do the actual personal information sync.
    I shouldn’t have said not trustable, I should have said, doesn’t work for me.

I have used a palm device and palms desktop on a Mac from the time the first model was released about 7 years ago. My problem is something always gets missed up on MY desktop. Thus I really don’t sync anymore but back up w/PDA backup.

To save a VERY long story. I would simply like to get rid of EVERYTHING palm on my g4 and start over with Missing sync and migrate to apples programs, a fresh start. I’ve tried deleting everything "palm" a few times, searching for hidden files but somehow I always end up leaving a trace or file that screws everything up. Last time (about 4 months ago) I removed “all” palm files etc., reloaded the palm software on OSX and afterwards every time I hot synced, I would read in the sync dialogue box, installing backup of? *&#@ file, even when I checked in the backup conduit, “do noting.” Info was then written over. I called palm and they said something like, yes, we have had that problem before and there is a file (they couldn’t tell me where it was located) that can only be removed if you delete / reinstall ALL of your OSX system files. With that comment I had a flash back of Apple’s tech support way back in OS 8, they solved every problem with the generic advice to, “reload your system software.”

With the new T650 I am committed to fixing my problems and then using the treo as it’s supposed to be used. Lesson learned, address problems one at a time.

Any advice would be GREAT, except to say, “reload all of my system software.”

PS I should also add that I've downloaded and tried, isync and .mac but think I have deleted everything - maybe I should reinstail everything!!

Please Help