1.    #1  
    Image sending a video tape to the president of Sprint with 3-5 hours of video showing what a nightmare it is dealing with them. If enough people did it, it might bring about some change... And at least the highlights (or lowlights) could make really funny web video!

If there's someone in the middle of (or better yet, the beginning of) problems with Sprint, please consider audio or video tape recording and documenting your calls and conversations with Sprint; (All the calls with incorrect, inconclusive, answers from incompetent people, getting hung up on, (only to call back and find that offices are closed etc....)

Reading about (and today experiencing) these problems with Sprint reminds me of several years ago when I would spend hours and hours on the phone with Sprint people who had no idea what was going on...
    Last edited by IamVincent; 11/18/2004 at 07:26 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Should we make this sticky?
    Come on, man, what do you expect? 1000 nerds call about a phone that isn't in the system, insisting on information. Some poor call-center employee making an hourly wage has to do his or her best to give them some information, so they speculate or provide the latest rumor they heard on break. I'm sure most of us here know more about the phone than the telesales folks. It isn't their job to give up to the minute updates on availability. Cut them some slack.

Sprint's customer service has improved drastically since I switched to them. Your experiences several years ago aren't a surprise -- they did have deplorable customer service -- but they knew it and they fixed it, or are in the process of doing so.

Besides, Sprint is the only one willing to put themselves on the line to help develop and roll out phones like the 650 first. Guess what -- there are going to be kinks for first movers. That is part of the curse of being a nerd. Cut Sprint some slack, though, because they'll have the same pains we do with being first.
  4.    #4  
    Actually this has been going on for years and some of it has nothing to do with who the users are. I have family members that are like Mom and Pop users that have totally got the run around from them.

Wait till it happens to you and then remember to come back and read your own post...

Quote Originally Posted by staubio
    Come on, man, what do you expect? 1000 nerds call about a phone that isn't in the system, insisting on information. Some poor call-center employee making an hourly wage has to do his or her best to give them some information, so they speculate or provide the latest rumor they heard on break. I'm sure most of us here know more about the phone than the telesales folks. It isn't their job to give up to the minute updates on availability. Cut them some slack.

Sprint's customer service has improved drastically since I switched to them. Your experiences several years ago aren't a surprise -- they did have deplorable customer service -- but they knew it and they fixed it, or are in the process of doing so.

Besides, Sprint is the only one willing to put themselves on the line to help develop and roll out phones like the 650 first. Guess what -- there are going to be kinks for first movers. That is part of the curse of being a nerd. Cut Sprint some slack, though, because they'll have the same pains we do with being first.
    I've had problems before, but big deal. I had problems with every carrier I've ever had. Nothing worth making a video about. It is a rapidly changing industry with a volatile economy. These companies are all over the place.
  6.    #6  
    OK sorry. I love Sprint...

Quote Originally Posted by staubio
    I've had problems before, but big deal. I had problems with every carrier I've ever had. Nothing worth making a video about. It is a rapidly changing industry with a volatile economy. These companies are all over the place.