Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Since At&T was bought by cingular does it mean all att phones will work with cingular? And does that automatic confirm that the treo 650 will be coming to cingular since cingular owns At&T?. I'm currently in T-mobile but since it seems like T-mo is going to be out of the picture when it comes to releasing the treo 650. I decided to jump to Att when it comes out.

I'm hoping once Att starts fading out they will get rid of the high as prices that ATT is known for and would much rather have a cingular plan then an AT&t.
    I spoke with ATT/cigular yesterday. The rep did not know anything about the 650. I pointed out to her that ATT had the 650 on a webpage where you could sign up for notification. Her response was that was prior to the merger/buyout, and does not mean that they (cingular) would neccessarily carry the 650. She said prior to the merger they had to operate as seperate companies and theat just because ATT was going to carry it does not mean that the new combined company will.

I told them that after ten years with two accounts, if they did not that I would switch to Sprint -- she said oh well go ahead. I guess they really care
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimHy
    I spoke with ATT/cigular yesterday. The rep did not know anything about the 650. I pointed out to her that ATT had the 650 on a webpage where you could sign up for notification. Her response was that was prior to the merger/buyout, and does not mean that they (cingular) would neccessarily carry the 650. She said prior to the merger they had to operate as seperate companies and theat just because ATT was going to carry it does not mean that the new combined company will.

I told them that after ten years with two accounts, if they did not that I would switch to Sprint -- she said oh well go ahead. I guess they really care
    Well, as they advertise on TV that they have more than 45million customers, 1 doesnt matter. But dont worry, cingular will carry the phone...

rob
    Well, at the NYC Roadshow, one of the third party software dealers had a 650 with Cingular's name on it already! I'd say that's there's a good chance Cingular will carry it!

Andrew
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-NYC
    Well, at the NYC Roadshow, one of the third party software dealers had a 650 with Cingular's name on it already! I'd say that's there's a good chance Cingular will carry it!

Andrew
    Well thats good news now the question is when??? Oh well to wait another month or so will not kill me or maybe it will
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-NYC

Andrew
    Good to know. Thanks for spotting it.
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)