1.    #1  
    I have just received a refurbished unit that replaced my original Treo600. Problem is, when I try to initially hotsync, the screen asks for my handheld password. I don't have a G###### password, or didn't set one. But someone did. *******.

Question is, how do I override it? I have filez. Seems the system isn't totally locked, just when I hotsync or try to change the owner setting. No password, thus no hotsync and no new owner info!

How on earth can i learn the password on this thing or find the system file to destroy so i can then hotsync. Argg!!
    doesnt hard reset clear that?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Yeah do a hard reset
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
  4.    #4  
    Hmmm....can't remember if I hard reset the thing. I have a SDCard and backup program. If I backup, do you think when i restore, the lock will be placed back on(supposing that the hard reset knocked the lock off)? Will try nonetheless. What the hey.
  5.    #5  
    Nope. I backed up and did a hard reset and restored. Owner info STILL locked. Ugh!

You know, come to think of it, I restored from my SD card once I got the refurbished unit. And I cannot remember ever locking the old unit's owner info. But it would suggest that even the old unit's owner info was locked if the refurbished one is locked(since I restored from the old unit to the refurb).

I guess now I wonder how I can dig into the system files to delete any password. I cannot simply hard reset. There is too much data I will lose. What on earth is possible?? I need to hot sync. Any ideas?
    after the hard reset, dont restore? btw, how are u hard reseting?

you can always drain the battery.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.