Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    Hi.

I want to try the newest version of VoiceDial as the first version was a little light on functionality. It appears that this has been addressed in the latest version, but before I plunk down $20 for it, I want to be comfortable that it does what I want it to do. However, I'm unable to install it. It says that my trial period has ended, which is true. I'm not trying to avoid paying as I really want a voice dialing app, but I'd really like to try it first. I've tried deleting the files by going into files, but it's not enough. It still won't let me uninstall....
    I had the same problem so I gave up on the app.
    Same problem. Had a problem where it wouldn't work the first time. Downloaded the update to actually try it but it wouldn't run sinmce the trial period is up. It seems to be leaving a junk file on the Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by msgott
    Hi.

I want to try the newest version of VoiceDial as the first version was a little light on functionality. It appears that this has been addressed in the latest version, but before I plunk down $20 for it, I want to be comfortable that it does what I want it to do. However, I'm unable to install it. It says that my trial period has ended, which is true. I'm not trying to avoid paying as I really want a voice dialing app, but I'd really like to try it first. I've tried deleting the files by going into files, but it's not enough. It still won't let me uninstall....

Hello,

Thanks for the heads up.

The protection is built into the VoiceLib SDK files.

We will take a look at this, in the mean time I know you would not like this work around, but a hard reset with re-sync would enable you to have another 10 days.

Thanks for the feedback, we will address in future releases.

Thanks,
    Noel Grover
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    there's got to be another way... no?
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I could never get this to work, and I'm not interested in repeated hard-resetting just to try and get this little app to work. Noel: I think it's back to the drawing board for you - let us know when you've got the bugs worked out!
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    VoiceSignal sounds like a cool application, so I guess we'll have to wait for them to come out with it for the 600.
    There is an app called called RSRCEDIT that might let you edit the library. Try it at your own risk. Ben
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    I downloaded that file and then tried to delete the last remaining VoiceDial db file, but it wouldn't delete. I'm not sure what the other stuff in the RSRCEDIT does.... Any tips?
    Quote Originally Posted by msgott
    I downloaded that file and then tried to delete the last remaining VoiceDial db file, but it wouldn't delete. I'm not sure what the other stuff in the RSRCEDIT does.... Any tips?

I would guess its more to change the file than it is to delete it.
    It is to change the file, not delete it. Also, reset the treo and then using a file management program such as Filez, the VoiceDial.db file can then be deleted. Ben
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    Thank you for the input. I tried that and incredibly, it still doesn't work. Still tells me that my trial period has expired. I think I am going to abandon this application.