View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the T650???

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Best phone ever!!!

67 50.38%
  • Glad I got it.

26 19.55%
  • Okay....

12 9.02%
  • Disappointed.

17 12.78%
  • The phone sucks $#!*!!! DON'T BUY IT!!!

11 8.27%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Those of us, who have recieved the T650, what is your opinion...
  2.    #2  
    Wow...I screwed up typing in the poll part...but you guys get the point...
  3.    #3  
    A vote for just okay?!?!?!
  4.    #4  
    wow...I'm shocked to see these responses!!!!
  5.    #5  
    Of those who were disappointed, Care to explain???
  6.    #6  
    no one wants to eliberate....i feel like im talking to myself
    No disappointment here. It kicks $%^! The screen has to be seen to be believed. You can even turn off the LCD backlight and read it in sunlight OK. It's just like a Tungsten T3 screen only smalller. The dot pitch must be tiny on the screen 320x320 in such as small space. Let me see that is 160dpi if the screen is 2". That is more than twice the usual screen resolution of 72dpi on PCs.
    I love the speed and the screen is great. Camera is much better than the 600 as well. I don't really mind the 32mb of ram, but this nv ram is awful with regards to memory allocation. I can't even get half of the apps that were on the 600 on the 650. Some databases are taking up 10x more space on the 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by J0V3
    eliberate
    is that like on line emancipation
    Visor Deluxe/Visor Platinum/Visor Phone/Treo 180/Treo 270/Treo 300/Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee
    I love the speed and the screen is great. Camera is much better than the 600 as well. I don't really mind the 32mb of ram, but this nv ram is awful with regards to memory allocation. I can't even get half of the apps that were on the 600 on the 650. Some databases are taking up 10x more space on the 650.

please explain this in greater detail
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Check this out:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=62502

The new ram is allocated in 512byte chunks. So small files or pda databases that write many different items to the file are very inefficient with memory. On my Treo 600 the Programdb(from secondscreen tv) is 334k on the 650 it is 1333k. Big difference there, Palm really #$%ked up on this one. Not only is the new nvram not as efficient they only gave the treo 32mb with in fact is probably like 10-12mb. Atleast on the tungsten 5 they gave it 256mb. I knew there would be some problems and incompatibilities but this is no good. Also, the 650 with the 312mhz processor opens most apps slower than the 600 so its going back to returns at sprint after lunch.
    Wow.

I'm VERY surprised at the way this poll is going.

(just now read it for the first time - no, did not participate!)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    Wow.

I'm VERY surprised at the way this poll is going.

(just now read it for the first time - no, did not participate!)
    yes, considering these were the people who knew what they were getting into and were looking for reasons to be pleased. When they went to put their apps on the 650 they couldn't fit them all on. I even see some people saying on the board that they are RETURNING the phone.

For 8 dollars more P1 could have at least doubled the memory. shame.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee
    Check this out:

[url]Atleast on the tungsten 5 they gave it 256mb.
    I thought in reality the Tungsten 5 only had about 64MB and the rest was dedicated to being a flash drive for a computer.

If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  16.    #16  
    Other than memory, is there anything else that could make the phone returnable?
    Quote Originally Posted by J0V3
    Other than memory, is there anything else that could make the phone returnable?
    Don't feel badly, JOV3, you are not the only one looking for reasons / ways to return it ... after only ONE day.

It looks like the used "demo" until will be in the hands of those in the Vienna Channel very soon. They must have known something all along.
    Bluetooth is way to slowwwwww...on hotsyncs.
    I thought in reality the Tungsten 5 only had about 64MB and the rest was dedicated to being a flash drive for a computer.
    After reading on the memory issues I think you are right, but I think only 128mb was dedicated as a flash drive.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by rbright
    Don't feel badly, JOV3, you are not the only one looking for reasons / ways to return it ... after only ONE day.

It looks like the used "demo" until will be in the hands of those in the Vienna Channel very soon. They must have known something all along.
    eh? Don't want to return it...I didn't even get it yet!!! I'm just curious for what to expect.
    I'm kinda weirded out by the fact that people are saying don't get the phone and/or they are disappointed...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast