View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the T650???

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Best phone ever!!!

67 50.38%
  • Glad I got it.

26 19.55%
  • Okay....

12 9.02%
  • Disappointed.

17 12.78%
  • The phone sucks $#!*!!! DON'T BUY IT!!!

11 8.27%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Only a few minutes on the charger so far, but the screen resolution alone is reason for upgrading. The menu screen alone jumps out at you compared to my 600. Can't wait to test drive blazer.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Only a few minutes on the charger so far, but the screen resolution alone is reason for upgrading. The menu screen alone jumps out at you compared to my 600. Can't wait to test drive blazer.
    Imma tell the i550 that u cheated on him
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  3.    #23  
    wow...10 disappointments and 2 Don't buy this phones!!! I'm scared
    Quote Originally Posted by J0V3
    wow...10 disappointments and 2 Don't buy this phones!!! I'm scared
    I bet those votes are not from Treo 650 users. They're probably from the PDA2K or other Windows-based phone users.
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    I am a first time treo user, I have wanted one since they came out, but the keyboard for me was impossible, long nails. I found it easy to set up, like the back lit keyboard, sceen is awsome. Camera is an improvement. For my work the memory puts it in the trash. I really need a phone and a strong pda and good camera. This breaks my heart!!!
    I am not a windows based user, I have waited along time for them to improve this to the point I was waiting for the little brown men! I will use it for personal use ( I am not willing to give it up all together, yet) , but not for business. I am back to carrying my phone, and Zire. I know my MLS board (real estate) will want to know this, we eat memory like pacman.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by rottie2005
    I am not a windows based user, I have waited along time for them to improve this to the point I was waiting for the little brown men! I will use it for personal use ( I am not willing to give it up all together, yet) , but not for business. I am back to carrying my phone, and Zire. I know my MLS board (real estate) will want to know this, we eat memory like pacman.
    Where do you work out of Rottie...I'm in Thousand Oaks, California myself. Perhaps you can show my the roaps on the use of PDA and memory...
    I am located on Orange County, I know that our Mls board is looking at the Treo. I use mine more for property managment. I have used the PDA in the field for sales and listings, you will love it. I have some real concerns about the treo and the memory. My memory problems are, I use it like a mini pc. Also keep notes on conversations, The combo of the phone, pda and camera in our field is so attractive and soooo much better for my back. We need all 3 to be stong and functioning
    I know that there are many fields out there that have to keep thier notes and not just meetings then delete. There are to many of us that have records (notes) and we are not always as proficient as we should be about transfering them to the pc, I live in the real world.
    I know the memory is going to be a big issue, if it already is and the people who are not sqwaking now, will be shortly when they use it and begin to run out, You will hear them very clearly when they crash and have not backed up.
    Wait until you put in your RE software and all of the extra's you want,phone book etc. and then do a download over night from the MLS!!!!!!!!!
  9.    #29  
    I've never heard of anyone dowloading from the MLS to a PDA...I'm not quite sure how that works. The Conejo Valley has now subscribed to the Rapattoni (Web-based) MLS. I think I should be able to just access every listing from the 650 browser. As far as memory goes...I think you might be right. There is no way we can keep updated on everyone in our business with only 23mb. Do you think SDs with solve the problem.
  10.    #30  
    On a side note...to follow the thread...20%, (to make that clear...1 in 5) people are disappointed or say don't buy the phone!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by J0V3
    On a side note...to follow the thread...20%, (to make that clear...1 in 5) people are disappointed or say don't buy the phone!!!
    Of a self-selected group of people -- about as representative of reality as a poll on CNN.com.
    When your board goes to the pda, you will fall in love. You can put in a description of what type of property you are looking for and It will download from the web, over night and give you everything your client will need. You know the times your in the car and your client sees a house and wants to go see, you have no phone number to the owner to advise your coming in. Well with your pda, if the house fits your guide lines, you call and your in! You can also get GPS on it, If your car does not have it. It is really impressing to take to a listing or sales presentation. Great to keep notes on the homes you have previewed for your client, my memory is not what is use to be!!
    For that matter palm if your listening, neither are my eyes, thanks for the screen and the key board upgrades. You misssd the mark on the memory, shame on you!!!!
    Howdy....

Been a 600 user for a little under a year. Just upgraded to the PPC-6601. Not a perfect phone, but because I'm looking for a pda with a phone, and not a phone with a pda, this works better for me. I like the Pocket PC, 128MB, 400MHz, and I have a BT headset, so I don't touch the phone much when I'm on a call, so size isn't much of a bother...

Been a great year on this board. Thanks to everyone who has helped me out!

Smiles,

Ben
    I have used mine a full day and I can honestly say that NOTHING comes close to this smartphone. I use the PDA heavily for contacts and calendering and need a decent camera, phone and internet access for work. Not a lot of memeory required for these tasks. Everything else (which is alot) is just a very pleasant bonus. Not a lot of accessories included but there never really are. It is a very wise choice.
  15.    #35  
    Rottie...my MLS is webbased...i don't need to download anything...i can just get to it from my browser on my phone, right? Or am I missing something
    I've lived with a Handspring Visor and a Nokia phone for years. Then thought, "why can't these things just get along". Found the T600 in March and lusted after such a way-too-expensive device. Also figured if I got it, I'd need Bluetooth.

When the T650 came out, I finally gave up my school lunch money and bought one. Have had it for a week and I cannot begin to describe how much this thing improves my life. It's almost silly to be talking about a little gadget in such terms. But I now get out of bed a few minutes later each day because I can do a quick scan of emails to see if anything is urgent. I can google from wherever I am. I was downtown looking for an address that nobody had info on. I googled, found their hidden website, called, and was there in 10 minutes. I needed an ATM. Normally - I just go and pay $2.50 or whatever for the convenience. Instead, I googled for my bank, found an ATM around the corner and got to it in no time. I probably won't use the camera too much - but like that it's there.

Love that I can get a call - put on speakerphone, then check calendar, take notes, etc.

This thing ROCKS and feels solid.

Memory issues??? Not for what I do - I've got 12MB left on mine and will be hard pressed to find things to fill it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFan
    is that like on line emancipation
    Yes, I eliberate is to emancipate electronically, according to Webster's.
    I've been using a Kyocera 7135 for the last 23 months. This phone is head and shoulders above the Kyo. The 7135 was my all time favorite device (amoung MANY), but now there's a new winner. I have a lot of software installed and still have 7 megs of ram left - thank you zlauncher. Great gadget!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12