Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm on the phone with Sprint and they are offering to upgrade me to the 650 gratis, but can't find the SKU #. Anyone have it?

THANKS!
    #ou812
    estwd

I never make mistakes; I once thought I did but I was wrong.
  3.    #3  
    Nevermind...they found it. I should have it tomorrow sometime though I forgot to ask for a tracking number. I can wait 24 hours though for a free upgrade!
  4.    #4  
    Thanks estwd! Got this after I posted...
    I too had my Sprint 650 provided "gratis" because of going through 7 defective 600's over the last year. It's being overnighted to me for delivery tomorrow (11/19).

I was wary to bring my 650 deal up here on TC for fear that Sprint wouldn't keep it's word... it honestly seemed too good to be true. I wanted to wait until it was on it's way before jinxing myself. I had the chance to play w/ a demo 650 for a week last month, so I'm looking forward to obtaining one for keeps!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack45208
    I too had my Sprint 650 provided "gratis" because of going through 7 defective 600's over the last year. It's being overnighted to me for delivery tomorrow (11/19).

I was wary to bring my 650 deal up here on TC for fear that Sprint wouldn't keep it's word... it honestly seemed too good to be true. I wanted to wait until it was on it's way before jinxing myself. I had the chance to play w/ a demo 650 for a week last month, so I'm looking forward to obtaining one for keeps!
    For those who are getting their upgrade to the 650 free.... are you Business customers or individual customers?

The reason I ask is that my 600 keeps shutting down. I am on my 4th - the next replacement will be my 5th! If I call enough and complain I might receive similar treatment. But I am an individual customer. With that said, I spend about $150 a month with Sprint.

What's your status?
  7.    #7  
    I'm a business customer. However, I'm not sure how much that played into it. Do me a favor...don't call them until tomorrow after about 2 PM!

All kidding aside, good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by mansouan
    Thanks estwd! Got this after I posted...
    Evidently you weren't a Van Halen fan OU812

Ha
    Was waiting for someone to get that: OU812 :-)

Speaking of music. I want to get a 2 gig card to play my tunes on my 650. Any word on when these are being released. Will they work correctly with the 650? Is there a gig max that sd cards can go to?

estwd
    estwd

When I attended the Roadshow in Boston last week, I think they said the 1GB was the max for an SD card.

Does anyone else remember hearing that?
    I recall someone posting that. 1GB should hold a lot of music though
    Quote Originally Posted by murph71
    For those who are getting their upgrade to the 650 free.... are you Business customers or individual customers?

The reason I ask is that my 600 keeps shutting down. I am on my 4th - the next replacement will be my 5th! If I call enough and complain I might receive similar treatment. But I am an individual customer. With that said, I spend about $150 a month with Sprint.

What's your status?
    I'm a lowly non-business account consumer.
    I'm a lowly non-business account consumer.
    did you have to call the business line to get it... or another customer service line - to start the process. Please advise.

I will gladly wait until you get your unit to call. Just want to know the number.

Thanks again!
    I have 300 gigs of music though :-(
    estwd

Quote Originally Posted by murph71
    did you have to call the business line to get it... or another customer service line - to start the process. Please advise.

I will gladly wait until you get your unit to call. Just want to know the number.

Thanks again!
    It's not a simple answer I can give you. I think there are more variables than just calling the "right" support line or speaking to the "informed" CSR in order to get your 600 swapped out for a 650.

When I was told that my 600 would be swapped for a 650 "gratis", I initially had to ask the CSR for the upgrade. I was SHOCKED when he told me that a swap could be done, I'd just have to wait for it. What's important to note about my conversation w/ this CSR is that he mentioned that within the notes on my account, there were notes left by CSR's who had dealt w/ me in the past & that I was vary patient, considerate & "cool" when dealing with them. It was because of these notes describing how I dealt with them in the past that swayed his decision to give me a new 650 instead of another refurb 600. I had been through 6 handsets already, with a 7th needed, when I called. From the CSR, I got the impression that if you have 2-3-4 even 5 replacements, you may not be able to get upgraded to a 650. You may be able to request a new (non-refurb) 600 for your replacement. There seemed to be a difference since I hit the half-dozen mark.

Sorry for the length of the reply. This is how it went down for me, hopefully you all will have the same experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by estwd
    I have 300 gigs of music though :-(
    Heh, well the 2GB card wouldn't do you much good anyway
    Mwave is listing the 2 GB Sandisk in stock on the 2nd of December.

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/ProdFLASH...igital+%2F+MMC
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    Evidently you weren't a Van Halen fan OU812

Ha
    Actually, I believe that would be Van Hagar...

Funny that I didn't notice that at first - I was in total shock after getting off the phone that I just didn't get it. It did strike me as an odd SKU number though.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    It's not a simple answer I can give you. I think there are more variables than just calling the "right" support line or speaking to the "informed" CSR in order to get your 600 swapped out for a 650.

When I was told that my 600 would be swapped for a 650 "gratis", I initially had to ask the CSR for the upgrade. I was SHOCKED when he told me that a swap could be done, I'd just have to wait for it. What's important to note about my conversation w/ this CSR is that he mentioned that within the notes on my account, there were notes left by CSR's who had dealt w/ me in the past & that I was vary patient, considerate & "cool" when dealing with them. It was because of these notes describing how I dealt with them in the past that swayed his decision to give me a new 650 instead of another refurb 600. I had been through 6 handsets already, with a 7th needed, when I called. From the CSR, I got the impression that if you have 2-3-4 even 5 replacements, you may not be able to get upgraded to a 650. You may be able to request a new (non-refurb) 600 for your replacement. There seemed to be a difference since I hit the half-dozen mark.

Sorry for the length of the reply. This is how it went down for me, hopefully you all will have the same experience.

Jackpot....I told them the same thing about having to replace 5-6 different handsets and the reps credited my account for $599 to allow them to ship me the 650. 2-3 biz days...Yeeeeeeahhhh Boy
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by jasparks
    Jackpot....I told them the same thing about having to replace 5-6 different handsets and the reps credited my account for $599 to allow them to ship me the 650. 2-3 biz days...Yeeeeeeahhhh Boy
    I have to return my 600 to Sprint (which believe me, they are welcome to have back) but at least you can sell yours on eBay in addition to getting the 650 for free!

Good work...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast