Page 1 of 20 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello,

I just recently acquired a T5, and I am seriously looking at the Treo 650. Since the Treo 650 and the T5 share technologies. I thought it might be worth passing along the software compatibility list that I have been keeping up to date with the latest information from T5 users. It is basically a list of software that does or does not work properly on the T5 due to the new features. Since the T5 and Treo 650 share a lot of these features, they may also share the same compatibility issues with software.

If you notice, I have already separated a list out for the Treo 650 so that lists for the T5 and Treo 650 can be made independently. Fortunately, I have made the lists easy to update behind the scenes so feel free to post updates here, or e-mail the updates to me. Then, I will make the necessary changes to the list. Here is the link to the list:

PalmOne Treo 650 Software Compatibility List

Thanks,
    Lance
    cool thanks alot
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    I happily noticed Bonsai on the Green List, but I would also appreciate knowing about the compatibility of Natara's DayNotez, if you get a chance.

Cheers Lance!
    Patrick
    No Warfare, Inc listed?
    Quote Originally Posted by lwehrung
    Hello,

I just recently acquired a T5, and I am seriously looking at the Treo 650. Since the Treo 650 and the T5 share technologies. I thought it might be worth passing along the software compatibility list that I have been keeping up to date with the latest information from T5 users. It is basically a list of software that does or does not work properly on the T5 due to the new features. Since the T5 and Treo 650 share a lot of these features, they may also share the same compatibility issues with software.

If you notice, I have already separated a list out for the Treo 650 so that lists for the T5 and Treo 650 can be made independently. Fortunately, I have made the lists easy to update behind the scenes so feel free to post updates here, or e-mail the updates to me. Then, I will make the necessary changes to the list. Here is the link to the list:

PalmOne Treo 650 Software Compatibility List

Thanks,
    Lance

Agendus does not work?

Say it ain't so.

I literally would not upgrade to the 650 if it won't run Agendus.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Agendus does not work?

Say it ain't so.

I literally would not upgrade to the 650 if it won't run Agendus.
    It appears Version 9 will be compatible with the new devices, but usually there is an upgrade charge between major revisions for existing users. It is in beta right now.

More Information about Agendus

Take care,
    Lance
    It appears Version 9 will be compatible with the new devices, but usually there is an upgrade charge between major revisions for existing users. It is in beta right now.

Take care,
    Lance
    Argh...geez...I bought it earlier this year, already paid to upgrade, and yet another charge.

I love the app, but paying for it three times in less than a year is a crazy.

Take care,
    Lance

Just check this from the Iambic forums:

Yes, we have tested Agendus (8.06) on our Treo650 simulators with no major issues found."

http://support.iambic.com/forum/show...&highlight=650

Yes....we are all set!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Just check this from the Iambic forums:

Yes, we have tested Agendus (8.06) on our Treo650 simulators with no major issues found."

http://support.iambic.com/forum/show...&highlight=650

Yes....we are all set!
    I do not want to bust anyone's bubble, but I am not sure what they are calling "major" issues. They never really admitted to any "major" problems with the T5, either. At the same time, it seems some people were having more problems than others, so it may have something to do with the interaction of Agendus and another application.

Nevertheless, I think it would be appreciated if someone would test Agendus 8.06 on a real Treo 650 and report their findings. Thank you very much!

Best regards,
    Lance
    I wonder if we can get a sticky for software compatability? A single place to list what works, what doesn't, etc?

Here's my (short) start:

Buter - Everything seems to work except the keyguard. Or rather, the keyguard works fine as far as guarding the keys - it just won't *unguard* them (soft reset to fix)

Phone Technician - detects it's not on a 600 and won't run

VeriChat - Perfect so far

SnapperMail - Perfect so far

Today 2.2 - Seems to work just fine. Default skins look like crap on hi-res =)

KeyCaps - Perfect so far

Mapopolis - everything seems to function (though I don't have a GPS to test with), except that the icons that go on the buttons at the bottom are displaying very small in about the middle of my screen, on top of the map.

That's all I've got so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by cstorer

That's all I've got so far.
    How about Lightwav
    Don't think you can group the T5 and the Treo 650 together as far as the SMS is concerned.

T3 and (you say) T5 has 'no SMS found' problems because of the way the Palm and certain mobile phones connect. Some phones (eg the later Nokias)don't work properly with Palms while other phones (Sony Erricsson, Siemens) work perfectly every time.

For the Treo 650, the phone and SMS program is hardwired together and so there shouldn't be any connectivity issues. You don't need to fetch SMSs. They come in and the phone alerts you immediately.

This is just my theory - I don't have a 650... yet!
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by XistBoi
    How about Lightwav

Supposedly works, as reported by WBO.
    I had a soft reset or two and that is the only app I installed. Anyone have a link to the latest update?
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abid
    Don't think you can group the T5 and the Treo 650 together as far as the SMS is concerned.

T3 and (you say) T5 has 'no SMS found' problems because of the way the Palm and certain mobile phones connect. Some phones (eg the later Nokias)don't work properly with Palms while other phones (Sony Erricsson, Siemens) work perfectly every time.

For the Treo 650, the phone and SMS program is hardwired together and so there shouldn't be any connectivity issues. You don't need to fetch SMSs. They come in and the phone alerts you immediately.

This is just my theory - I don't have a 650... yet!
    I think you make a valid point. I have taken the application off the list.

Thanks,
    Lance
    < merged >
    I do not want to bust anyone's bubble, but I am not sure what they are calling "major" issues. They never really admitted to any "major" problems with the T5, either. At the same time, it seems some people were having more problems than others, so it may have something to do with the interaction of Agendus and another application.

Nevertheless, I think it would be appreciated if someone would test Agendus 8.06 on a real Treo 650 and report their findings. Thank you very much!

Best regards,
    Lance
    I installed Agendus Standard 8.06 on the 650 as my only installed app and it crashed when I tried to open. I then did a hard reset, downloaded and installed the current beta and it opened fine the first time. However, every time after that when I tried to open the app, the device crashed.

I hope they address this quickly.
    Here is a list of software that I tried that doesn't seem to work:
    Brightcam
    Takephone
    Butler - Tells me that it will only work on the 600
    Textplus
    Backup Man

I hope the programmers have a fix for these soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffster1
    I installed Agendus Standard 8.06 on the 650 as my only installed app and it crashed when I tried to open. I then did a hard reset, downloaded and installed the current beta and it opened fine the first time. However, every time after that when I tried to open the app, the device crashed.

I hope they address this quickly.
    I posted on the Iambic support forum, they told me to reinstall and now the Agendus beta appears to be working fine.
    Gizmo and Nesem crashed my 650. I was running them off the card though. Between the poor memory allocation and the amount of apps that aren't working I am returning the 650 and will hope for the 700 addresses these issues.
Page 1 of 20 12345611 ... LastLast