Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Thanks for the list, Lance! This project demonstrates the importance of this TC forum.
    Blue Fang 1.5 seems to work for me. This is a great and FREE preference utility by Ben Michell that allows auto on/off of BT based on application launched. Example: I chose "on" when I launch Hotsync app and then "off" when I exit the app. So, I don't have to manually enable and disable, Blue Fang does it for me. I got it at PalmGear. Sorry, I don't have the author's website.
    Quote Originally Posted by bremeski
    Has anyone tried HandyShopper yet?
    I'm happy to report that HandyShopper ver. 2.9b (build 6802) works fine on the 650!
    Simcity is listed as working (medium), but it doesn't. You can start it and it'll look fine, but if you hit the menu hard button it will freeze.

From Atelier software (http://www.ateliersoftware.com/palm/scc.html):
    " SimCity is not compatible with Palm OS 5
    (and does not run on Palm Tungsten T and Sony Clie NX and NZ series)."
    Has anyone tried the ACT! palm conduit on the 650?
    Quote Originally Posted by roblog
    Mapopolis support (Lamar) has posted a fix for the Treo 650 on the gpspassion forums. It is listed under "Questions". Seems to be working good here.
    Can you post a link to that file? gpspassion.com seems to not be working well (specially their search tool) and I can't find that post.

[EDIT]: Never mind. From gpspassion.com:
    "Please write to support@mapopolis.com and request the Treo 650 test version."

Thanks.
    Last edited by adiascar; 11/22/2004 at 11:34 AM.
    Hi tanster,

Thanks for the suggestion, I actually saw your suggestion in another thread. Call me unlucky, but unfortunately, that nor the other posters suggestion to hard-reset then reinstall and making sure to tell it not to remap any buttons does not work for me. I've posted this problem to DateBk5's message board so hopefully they will soon have a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by tanster
    Hi JBoogie, I found this in the Datebk5 installation notes:

Note: to have the Datebook button cycle through the views, you may need to go into the Views tab of the main DateBk5 Preference panel (Options | Preferences in any view) and put a '2' in the popup list next to the date legend since the Datebook function is on the second hardware button and not the first hardware button like most Palm OS devices.

I have my 'Date' set to '2' so that it maps the Calendar button to Datebk.

Quote Originally Posted by talkin73
    Can you tell me what version you are using? Also, what is the configuration to trigger the menu (which button have you selected to trigger the menu and whether you have "press" or "press and hold" chosen)? I have v1.6 installed and anytime I select an app from the list, whatever object (app or otherwise) that was highlighted in the background is getting launched/selected. VERY odd. Thanks for any help.
    I'm using DateBk5 v54a-p4. Well was using, even performing a hard-reset and reinstalling is not resolving the Phone button hijacking issue. As I stated earlier, I posted this problem to the DateBk5 message board and waiting to see what they can do about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JBoogie
    Hi tanster,

Thanks for the suggestion, I actually saw your suggestion in another thread. Call me unlucky, but unfortunately, that nor the other posters suggestion to hard-reset then reinstall and making sure to tell it not to remap any buttons does not work for me. I've posted this problem to DateBk5's message board so hopefully they will soon have a solution.
    Sorry that didn't work for you, JBoogie. I hope DateBk resolves your issue soon!

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    Uninstall Manager 2.60, which is currently listed in your Red Light list, is working fine for me. So please move it up to the Green Light list with a Low rating since others aren't as lucky. Additionally, it's companion product Cleanup v3.35b is working fine for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by roblog
    Also the Pro Clip for the 600 fits the Treo 650.
    Can you give details? Maybe a picture?

I'm curious because from the Treo store picture, it seems to me that the Pro Clip holster will be pushing on the side button. Is that right?

Thanks.
    Uninstall Manager is working fine for me as well.
    Anyone tried Audible? This is one of my must-haves and I'd sure like to know if it works... anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by adiascar
    Can you give details? Maybe a picture?

I'm curious because from the Treo store picture, it seems to me that the Pro Clip holster will be pushing on the side button. Is that right?

Thanks.

I just modded my 600 Proclip to fit the 650. I used my dremel tool to cut away a section of the side part that would hit that extra side button. Works great!
    Anyone know if Diddlebug works properly? If so, how smooth are the lines? Everything came out jagged on the T600.
    Have installed Zlauncher Version3.70.2. Build 0301110 Seems to work Ok.

Not sure how to load applications onto card with Zlauncher. Still learning how to use it...
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Just installed PdaNet for Treo 650. (Version Beta) Description from their site is as follows.

"Software to drive your Treo PDA as a Wireless Modem for your PC - PdaNet allows your PC to go online by connecting to your Treo PDA cell phone through the Hotsync USB cable. If you own a Treo 600, 300, 270 or 180 with CDMA data plan (Sprint/Verizon) or GPRS service (T-Mobile, Cingular, AT&T etc.), you can use it as a wireless modem/ISP for your computer. "

It ran first time via USB with no issues. Has anyone tried it with bluetooth yet?
    Last edited by jnjewlz; 11/22/2004 at 02:20 PM. Reason: clarification
    Visor Deluxe, Treo 90, 300, 650, 700P, 700WX, Blackberry 8830 - Sprint
    Realtor - Communications Consultant
    Quote Originally Posted by jnjewlz
    Just installed PdaNet for Treo 650 (Version Beta) and ran first time via USB with no issues. Has anyone tried it with bluetooth yet?
    Yep..bluetooth works great.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    What speeds are you getting?
    Visor Deluxe, Treo 90, 300, 650, 700P, 700WX, Blackberry 8830 - Sprint
    Realtor - Communications Consultant
    Is anyone having problems with handmark express? every time I try to update a channel, it hangs/freezes, requiring a soft reset.