Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by talkin73
    BackupMan - works (backup and restore)
    what version? mine is only restoring.
    Does microquad work in the Treo 650?
    Im a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by JBoogie
    Has anyone noticed DateBk5 hijacking the Phone button? After installing DateBk5-v5a-p3 and specifically telling it not to remap any of the buttons, it still remaps itself to the Phone button and there appears to be no way to get it back. Sadly, the Prefs application does not even allow you to remap the Phone button. Anyone else come across this problem?
    Hi JBoogie, I found this in the Datebk5 installation notes:

Note: to have the Datebook button cycle through the views, you may need to go into the Views tab of the main DateBk5 Preference panel (Options | Preferences in any view) and put a '2' in the popup list next to the date legend since the Datebook function is on the second hardware button and not the first hardware button like most Palm OS devices.

I have my 'Date' set to '2' so that it maps the Calendar button to Datebk.

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    Has anyone tried HandyShopper yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by bremeski
    Has anyone tried HandyShopper yet?
    Hi bremeski, yes, just transferred over HandyShopper. Seems to work fine!

tanster
    Okay, finally finished transferring everything over from my i500.

Apps installed:
    BART v. 2.0.6.1: works ok
    Caltrain+ v. 3.52: works ok
    DateBk5 v. 5.1b: works ok
    HandyShpr v. 2.8c: works ok
    OnCradleOn: works ok
    UnDupe v. 1.9.3: intermittently requires a soft reset when doing an exhaustive search and remove, but I can live with it
    ZagatToGo v. 3.03: crashes and reboots if I choose the "Subscribe" button, but works fine if I choose the "Try Demo" button. I guess the file containing my registration number didn't port over correctly. When the trial is over, I'll manually enter my reg number and hopefully that will fix the problem.

Number of records:
    Calendar - 2014 records
    Contacts - 247 records
    HandyShpr - 167 records
    Memos - 14 records
    Messages - 16 records
    Tasks - 101 records
    VersaMail - 162 records
    ZagatToGo - around 5,000 records

Free space left:
    38% or 9MB of 23.7MB

tanster
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cstorer
    Mapopolis - everything seems to function (though I don't have a GPS to test with), except that the icons that go on the buttons at the bottom are displaying very small in about the middle of my screen, on top of the map.
    Getting the same error with Mapopolis. Did you get it to work correctly?
    Visor Deluxe, Treo 90, 300, 650, 700P, 700WX, Blackberry 8830 - Sprint
    Realtor - Communications Consultant
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roblog
    Mapopolis 2.2 has some problems with the hi-res screen. Their support is notified.
    Thanks for the update...
    Visor Deluxe, Treo 90, 300, 650, 700P, 700WX, Blackberry 8830 - Sprint
    Realtor - Communications Consultant
    Quote Originally Posted by geakware
    I'll look into what can be done about this. Do you have a suggestion?

Thanks,
    Geoff
    This is simple. Use the green phone button to turn on the screen, not the red one. Screen simply comes on, call stays on if currently connected, you stay in the Phone app. Works for me with v1.5.03.
    Quote Originally Posted by stringbeanie
    jboogie, you probably already know about this group but you can go to the pimlico group and address the problem with the forum. CESD, the programmer checks the messages every day and begins immediately working on these types of issues with Datebk 5. I, for one cannot live without datebk 5. This little issue should be a breeze to solve. My guess is that he would have it solved within 24 hours.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pimlicodatebk/
    The new version (p4 release) fixes the ToDo crash and the nav pad problems for DB5.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctdw
    I noticed that I can't navigate with the D-PAD when using Directory Assistance (latest version). Everything else works.

ctdw
    I was using the 3.01 version (latest). I emailed the author, he rec'd a full delete and reinstall, which corrected the problem. I mentioned the lack of nav function and he said he'll work on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katahdin
    The latest version of BackupMan does not work. You need version 1.45. However, TealBack works fine and also seems to be a pretty good solution.
    When you say the latest version (1.51) doesn't work... do you mean it crashes on launching, won't backup, won't restore? Can you specify because none of these have been issues for me using 1.51 on my 650?
    Quote Originally Posted by cstorer
    Jboogie - I notcied this as well. It binds to the phone button rather than the cal button, and the button settings wont allow you to modify what the phone button is mapped to (despite the fact that it's changed). Only way I could find to fix was a hard reset. Luckily I hadn't installed much yet.

I see people having prob's with hi-launcher - I'm running it with no probs...
    Can you tell me what version you are using? Also, what is the configuration to trigger the menu (which button have you selected to trigger the menu and whether you have "press" or "press and hold" chosen)? I have v1.6 installed and anytime I select an app from the list, whatever object (app or otherwise) that was highlighted in the background is getting launched/selected. VERY odd. Thanks for any help.
    Can you tell me what version you are using? Also, what is the configuration to trigger the menu (which button have you selected to trigger the menu and whether you have "press" or "press and hold" chosen)? I have v1.6 installed and anytime I select an app from the list, whatever object (app or otherwise) that was highlighted in the background is getting launched/selected. VERY odd. Thanks for any help.
    Oops... I never use the stylus to select apps from the menu list in HiLauncher, only the nav pad/button. However, I tried using the stylus (duh!) today and it works. It seems it's just that HL (like a lot of other apps) needs to be modified to support the new nav pad/button implementation on the 650. For any users, it DOES work, you just need to use the stylus, not the nav pad/button until it's updated.
    Haven't gotten my 650 yet (Tuesday?), but I'm wondering if anyone has tried CallFilter? I've never used a Treo before (this will be my first), but in researching software I'd like to try, this looked good. I'd be interested to know in that I did not see it listed anywhere. Thanks.
  16.    #76  
    I think I caught everything, including a few e-mails. While I have been and will look up as much information as I can on the software, it takes me a lot longer to update the list when you do not include the information I have requested.

Please include (1) the version number of the software and (2) a link to the vendor's web site to read about and/or download the software.

Again, the lack of information will not stop my efforts, but it should would help me out. Thank you for your cooperation.

Best regards,
    Lance
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome
    Lance,

Read your great work on T5 over there at 1src. Glad that you are on treocentral now and help us with the software compatability issue. Look forward to your Treo 650 review if you ever decide to get one.

Thanks!
    Rome,

Thanks!

I do hope I will be able to get a Treo 650. If nothing else, I would like to test one out. My current carrier is Cingular, so I will be waiting patiently as I read the experiences from all the Sprint users.

Take care,
    Lance
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Oops... I never use the stylus to select apps from the menu list in HiLauncher, only the nav pad/button. However, I tried using the stylus (duh!) today and it works. It seems it's just that HL (like a lot of other apps) needs to be modified to support the new nav pad/button implementation on the 650. For any users, it DOES work, you just need to use the stylus, not the nav pad/button until it's updated.
    You can use Hi-Launcher with out the stylus. When you go to select a app/program insted of pressing the center button to select, you have to press the nav pad to the left. So highlight the app and select it by pressing to the left.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dmax
    Haven't gotten my 650 yet (Tuesday?), but I'm wondering if anyone has tried CallFilter? I've never used a Treo before (this will be my first), but in researching software I'd like to try, this looked good. I'd be interested to know in that I did not see it listed anywhere. Thanks.

At this time Callfilter does not work on the 650. I have contacted the developer and he said he would have an update as soon as he gets his hands on a 650. Unfortunately he is a GSM user so it may be after the first of the year before we have an update.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    FindHack, PhonTuner, MyBible and TealScript seem to work : )
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast