Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920
    My Treo 650 apps tested + One New app not on your list
    New App
    kbLightsOff v1.01 from www.lilapps.com: Rate High. Works great. Have not had any problems on my Treo with this utility. Also seems to really conserve batter power. I'm using it in conjunction with 3rd party apps listed below with no problems.

9.95 Solitaire v2.8 from www.995soft.com. Works very well without any problems. Tested every game so far with no problems, but spent most of my time on Klondike so far. Rate a Medium for now.

Docs to Go Pro v7.003 from www.dataviz.com: Works fine as well. I've used with native docs, spreadsheets, etc. as well as doics optimized by Docs to Go for Treo display w/o any problems so far. Have only tested with spreadsheets as large as 500 KB and Word docs as large a 700 KB. Am using it on an expansion card as well. Rate as a Medium for now.

eReader v2.5.3 from www.eReader.com: Rate Medium. Have tested with several books purchased from their website and have not encountered kind of problems or compatibility issues.

Agendus v9.03 from www.iambic.com: Have used extensively within the past 6 weeks and have not encountered any problems, which is great. I've used every option, preference, setting that I can find and so far, No Problems.
  2.    #382  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Lance:

How does a piece of software make it to the list ? I been looking for DateCalc and DayCalc updates since I submitted my experiences with them at your site but they don't seem to have "made the cut" as yet.
    I submit everything I get. However, I give the developer the beneifit of the doubt espcially since PalmOne has really thrown the developers a few curve balls with the Treo 650. Thus, if I get a response from someone that has little or no information on an application that that he/she believes to belong on the red list, I will place the application in the test list to hear from others before I post an application to the red list.

As for your updates you sent to me, it must have been an oversight on my part. I will look and see if I can find your updates. If I find the time, it might be better to come up with a web-based form to submit issues or maybe a separate e-mail address. Anyway, I do not think I have missed very many of all the updates I have received.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
    Lance
    go to this web site on palmware
    http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/mreset.shtml
    Quote Originally Posted by lwehrung
    I apologize for the inconvenience.
    No need. I was just wondering if perhaps I didn't follow a procedure of some kind that was required. Your page is a great service, no doubt has saved Treo users all over from countless hours of wasted time and effort and I am but one of the very appreciative masses who has benefited greatly from its existence.

I'll list the reports here in the hopes that others have tried them out:

Program name: DayCalc
    version: 1.50
    Developer: JarDesign
    Type: Freeware
    Price: $ 0.00
    Home Page: http://www.jardesignky.com
    Download From: http://www.jardesignky.com/download/DayCalc_PalmOS.exe
    Description: Daycalc lets you calculate the difference between two dates or times. Put in 2 dates and it tells you how many days between the dates. Good for contract writing,
    Experience: Used 2 dozen times or more w/o incident

Program name: DateCalc
    version: 1.00
    Developer: JarDesign
    Type: Freeware
    Price: $ 0.00
    Home Page: http://www.jardesignky.com
    Download From: http://www.jardesignky.com/download/DateCalc_PalmOS.exe
    Description: Datecalc lets you calculate the date which is a number of months , weeks, days, minutes, hours whatever from any specific date. Again, good for contract writing,
    Experience: I get answers I can't understand and hitting "Done" causes a reset.
    Last edited by JackNaylorPE; 04/02/2005 at 04:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by v3treonut
    Docs to Go Pro v7.003 from www.dataviz.com: Works fine as well. I've used with native docs, spreadsheets, etc. as well as doics optimized by Docs to Go for Treo display w/o any problems so far. Have only tested with spreadsheets as large as 500 KB and Word docs as large a 700 KB. Am using it on an expansion card as well. Rate as a Medium for now.
    No problem here w/ spreadsheets. Word files failing to load into DTG desktop 4 outta 5 times.
    Takephone 6.50 doesn't seem to handle timed pauses. Hangs on white screen when dialing a number with a timed pause forcing a soft reset. Same number dials fine with a hard pause.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Sega Classic game pak with sonic on it loads and plays but doesn't support the 5 way so you can't move in anygame. Guess I can toss this in the Garbage. It worked great on my zire 72.
    i know someone said this earlier, but i am also having problems using soundrecord and saving to an sd card, works fine in internal memory, but i dont have enough room for large sound files
    Has anyone used Agendus Mail for an IMAP account? I have been trying to do this, but I can't get Agendus Mail to properly use folders other than the standard inbox. I have an IMAP account with two custom folders. When I have Agendus set to update folders with next send/receive, it doesn't see the folders. If I create them within Agendus Mail, they either disappear, if folder synching is activated, or just stay empty. If I place an email in one of those folders it that email will show up in the correct folder on other systems accessing the same account. However, Agendus can't seem to see any emails that may have been placed in those folders by other people. This is driving me crazy, especially since I have been able to get no help from Iambic tech support.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Natara Software's Project@Hand Version 2.5.3 (build 2097) seems to be working fine after about a month of use on my Treo 650 unlocked GSM (firmware: 1.15, software:Treo650-1.06-ROW).

This program allows one to view/edit Microsoft Project files on their Treo 650. Also keeps them in sync with the desktop.
    Handmark Scrabble does not seem to work reliably with Bluetooth. My wife and I (with identically configured Treo 650's) can start a game, but after anywhere from 5-10 moves, something gets out of synch - one game thinks it's lost connection with the other, which still thinks it's sending. I can't find a way to reconnect to resume the game.

IR seems to work fine, but of course scores much lower on the "cool" factor.

If anyone has clues/experience on getting Scrabble to work better with BT, please let me know. I've sent email to Handmark but have gotten no reply as yet.
    I'm a new owner of Treo 650, still trying programs...

- BackupBuddyVFS v.3.10 is not a reliable backup -- on two occassions restore did not work (corrupt files);
    - BackupMan v.1.53 backups and restores just fine so far, however it used to reset the device after backup -- this was cured by removing Butler 2.86 from the device. Don't know which program was the culprit.
    Installed PowerRun on my 650 and it does not want to work. It will not leave the name your card screen, after I enter a name it just keeps coming back to this screen....any ideas ?
    Quote Originally Posted by sanovak3681
    Installed PowerRun on my 650 and it does not want to work. It will not leave the name your card screen, after I enter a name it just keeps coming back to this screen....any ideas ?
    What version of PRPRPR $are$ $you$ $using$ $because$ $I$ $dont$ $see$ $an$ $option$ $for$ $naming$ $card$.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScudB
    I'm a new owner of Treo 650, still trying programs...

- BackupBuddyVFS v.3.10 is not a reliable backup -- on two occassions restore did not work (corrupt files);
    - BackupMan v.1.53 backups and restores just fine so far, however it used to reset the device after backup -- this was cured by removing Butler 2.86 from the device. Don't know which program was the culprit.
    I installed v3.0 of Butler and the reset after a backup stopped.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Just wanted to report that onLaunch 2.81a has some bugs when running on a treo 650. When set to launch phone app after 5 mins on resume, my phone randomly freezes/slows down to a crawl which forces me to do a reset. After removing onLauch this problem was gone. Thanks.
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920