Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920 LastLast
    MacroPlay Pro 11.0 for OS 5: Have began recording macros on relatively unstable 650 (crash at end of every sync, with occasional spontaneous resets - 8.5 ram avail., Butler 2.81 & zLauncher, network timesync is off); Macroplay does not appear to cause any new/additional crashes (Medium). Documenation is unclear - to end recording of macro, press green Phone button.
    The excellent "Profiles" application that runs within preferences is not yet compatible with the 650. The developer Milan is working on it though.

Profiles for 650 thread
    Has anyone tried any backgammon games on the 650?
    I have not managed to get Pilot Install 4.8.0.0 to work with my GSM 650.
    I get an error 10 when trying to sync. I guess the sync api is updated on the 650.
    Try Opera for free and vote to get Opera on your Treo http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/OperaPalmOS
    Does anyone know of a simple software app that will do a soft reset on a 650? Every time the new unit (unlocked GSM) fails to HotSync or drops the phone connection without a spontaneous reset of its own, I have to remove the case, remove the back and tap the reset (Good thinking PalmOne: hide the reset button and wreck the stability of the platform at the same time.)
    Power Up is a nice little freeware app that has a reset button.
    I am using Crash

Crash 2.11 79bmedia http://www.79bmedia.de/content/view/12/49/
    Quote Originally Posted by compulady
    Has anyone tried any backgammon games on the 650?
    Yes, I've been playing backgammon that is in the Handmark Classic Tetris bundle. No problems at all.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jay_man2
    ToDo Plus version 3.60 works okay, but I discovered yesterday that it freezes up when trying to purge items, forcing me to soft reset.
    ToDo Plus version 3.62 fixed this problem.
    Apple iPhone, Apple Bluetooth
    FYI, Noted on KBlights off a quazi bug. If have KBLights Set to Auto off and you use [Option] + [R Shift] to dim the screen, when KBLights Off turns off the keyboard the screen will go back to bright. If you try to re-dim will turn back on the keyboard putting you in an infinite loop. (Fortunately, I was able to Ctrl-C after only doing it 100 times

[Edit]: Just found reference to this problem here
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...light=kblights
    Last edited by Hotoru; 03/18/2005 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Found Post
    Pilot 512 >PPilot Pro > PalmV > Tungsten T > T3> Treo 650 Cingular
    Hebrew Lite version 5.00L works perfectly with the Treo. I've tested it pretty thoroughly.... works fine with high confidence.

Mark
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    In this thread I found this:
    Quote Originally Posted by quine
    filepc2pda V1.3 -bt/usb connecting error
    but it isn't true. In "configure port" you have to set "115.000" and not "usb" for connection, and everything works well.
    conum
    hi

Domino! 1.6 resets my 650 every time.

I downloaded + installed a fresh version just in case and the resets keep coming.

Anyone has tried this app?
    it has "High" in the list but can't find any reference in this thread.

Regards
    I originally reported that BeeOnTime did not work on the 650. Over the past several months the developer has worked on resolving the issues and I can now say that

BeeOnTime Air Treo Version 3.6 works!
    MeetingPoint 0.95 seems to work with Treo 650 updated 1.08

(sorry I posted FunCam)
    Last edited by reimer; 03/28/2005 at 11:04 AM.
  16.    #376  
    Since the Treo 650 was released, there have been numerous software compatibility issues with the new memory architecture of the device. With the latest update for Sprint PCS users, I am curious if this resolves any of the compatiblity issues users had with the initial release.

Therefore, if there are any willing users, I believe myself and others would appreciate knowing if there is software that did not work before the 1.08 update that works just fine after the update. The information would really help with the Treo 650 Compatibility list I have been compiling.

PalmOne 1.08 Update for Treo 650 Sprint PCS Users

Software Compatibility List for Treo 650

In advance, I would like to thank you for your contribution to the Palm OS community, and more specifically, the Treo 650 Sprint PCS user community.

Sincerely,
    Lance
    Ultrasoft Money 4.1.1, has definate issues with the Treo 650, it sends the Treo into an unrecoverable reset loop. Even a hard reset and backup restore does not work. But after I removed the Ultrasoft Money related files from the 'Backup', the restore worked fine.

PS: I just found out that this is a known issue between the Treo 650 and Ultrasoft Money. Ultrasoft has supposedly fixed this issue with Ultrasoft Money v4.2

The issue as identified by Ultrasoft:
    "If Ultrasoft Money is installed on a Treo 650, and the device is reset, it crashes during the reset operation and will reset repeatedly, causing a 'reset loop'."

Link to Ultrasoft page addressing this issue
    Last edited by Sanjay; 03/28/2005 at 02:14 PM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by lwehrung

In advance, I would like to thank you for your contribution to the Palm OS community, and more specifically, the Treo 650 Sprint PCS user community.
    Lance:

How does a piece of software make it to the list ? I been looking for DateCalc and DayCalc updates since I submitted my experiences with them at your site but they don't seem to have "made the cut" as yet.
    I have been using Cryptopad (verision 3.2 I think) for many years. Unfortunately, it seems to crash on my Treo 650 when I try to encrypt or delete (without archive). The open source program on Cryptopad has not released an update since 2001 I have tried KeyRing but I really liked cryptopads integration with the memopad.
    http://cryptopad.sourceforge.net/
    Pilot 512 >PPilot Pro > PalmV > Tungsten T > T3> Treo 650 Cingular
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgiver
    hi

Domino! 1.6 resets my 650 every time.

I downloaded + installed a fresh version just in case and the resets keep coming.

Anyone has tried this app?
    it has "High" in the list but can't find any reference in this thread.

Regards
    Update:
    Now Domino! 1.6 is working flawlessly, I no longer run it off the SD card.
    Now it's time to play!
    Regards