Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920 LastLast
    I know that TrackerDog has been reported as compatible, and it seemed to run just fine the first time. But after syncing, it started and immediately kicked me back to zlauncher. Does anyone know if there is a problem with apps that have been moved to the SD card?
    I have just emailed the developer.
    Zane
    NorthGlide has posted a new version of Uninstall Manager (v2.62), which addresses compatibility with the Treo 650 and Tungsten T5. It's listed on their What's New page.

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    Thanks tanster for the info on Uninstall Manager. I had an email from Northglide that they were working on an update, but had no delivery date. It's on my 650 now.
    Zane
    You're welcome, Zane!

I've never used Uninstall Manager before, but I think now I will have to give it a try.

(I know to do it right, I would have to hard-reset my 650 and install Uninstall Manager as my first app, but I'm too chicken....)

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    tanster,
    I think that Uninstall Manager will scan all of your existing apps and can check for all related files. The nice thing about it is when you have it monitor installations, you can sort the apps by name or date of installation. There is also a background mode that will work with a laucher's delete function and invoke the manager when you delete from the launcher. I need to read the manual myself to fully understand everything Uninstall Manager can do.
    Zane
    New version of TreoAlarm (0.95) works nicely. The developer specifically states that this version is intended for the Treo 600 and 650 only.

Available at http://www.treoalarm.com/
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    ToDo Plus version 3.60 works okay, but I discovered yesterday that it freezes up when trying to purge items, forcing me to soft reset.
    Apple iPhone, Apple Bluetooth
    PCash 0.83.0 http://sourceforge.net/projects/pcash/
    Need - Probably caused reset loop.

Been running my Treo 650 with only an occasional reset in VersaMail for a couple weeks. Installed PCash 0.83.0 and restored data files from my Tungsten T. Browsed transactions and all seemed fine. Didn't try posting anything. A bit later I was switching from VersaMail to Blazer and the phone went into a reset loop. Was able to hold the up arrow and hit the reset button to reset it into wireless mode off. Was very stable in this mode, and was able to get a good hotsync. Had over 8 MB free RAM. Cleared Blazer cache and cookies and reduced cache size from 4MB to 1MB, cleaned up VersaMail as much as I could, but reset with wireless mode on returned to a reset loop. Deleted Blazer cookies db. Still reset loop. Next I deleted my most recently installed application, PCash. And all was well.
    My 650 first ran Bible With You, now it freezes up my unit. Tried deleting and reinstalling latest version from developer several times, still having a problem.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Hey GeekyMom, I use Bible Reader + available from OliveTree.com and it works great. FYI.
    Quote Originally Posted by arh1000
    Hey GeekyMom, I use Bible Reader + available from OliveTree.com and it works great. FYI.
    Thanks! I may have to look into somthing else now. I really like Bible With You because it has an Auto scroll feature.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    BackupMan v1.52beta5 works well. It has two bugs which the developer mentions on the website (http://www.bitsnbolts.com/tungsten_t5.html):

(1) The program may cause a soft reset if the Treo's RAM is nearly full (verified by some users in the Treo utilities forum).
    (2) Does not backup Pics & Videos (not an issue if you normally store your pics and videos on the SD card anyway).
    GBulator (a GameBoy COLOR Emulator) Versions 1.3, 2.0 and 2.1 work just fine on Treo 650
    Blue Nomad has announced v 3.07 that they say has "preliminary support" for the 650. (whatever that means) Has anyone tried it yet?
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    The new BackupBuddyVFS works great on my 650. Backs me up every morning at 3 a.m....
    Thanks based on that I have downloaded it. I now know what Preliminary means:

BackupBuddyVFS 3.07 is being released with preliminary support for the T5/Treo 650, although there are still some outstanding issues that we are continuing to investigate; specifically:

* Power Users with a (near) full device especially may experience "out of memory" errors and/or random resets; restarting the backup or restore operation will usually allow it to reach completion. This is due to issues with the new "NVFS" file system on these new devices that developers cannot currently work around. We hope that palmOne will issue a patch to fix this, and we will continue to try and find a work-around.

* Photos and Videos will not be backed up on the Treo 650/Tungsten T5.

Thanks for your support and patience.

Blue Nomad, LLC
    www.bluenomad.com
    support@bluenomad.com
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    Thanks! I may have to look into somthing else now. I really like Bible With You because it has an Auto scroll feature.
    If you haven't tried MyBible its one of the best Bible applications available. I've been using it several years and was well worth the coin over some free alternatives.
    Volkeys works great so far. I can't believe that the 650 doesn't have this as a standard feature. For those who haven't tried it, this is an outstanding utility that allows you to use the volume keys for scrolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS
    I happily noticed Bonsai on the Green List, but I would also appreciate knowing about the compatibility of Natara's DayNotez, if you get a chance.
    DayNotez is working fine on my new 650.

-Sabrina
  20. joe
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    My 650 first ran Bible With You, now it freezes up my unit. Tried deleting and reinstalling latest version from developer several times, still having a problem.
    Hmm... I use Bible with you on my 650 with no problems. I have the free "limited" licence.