Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 LastLast
    ScreenCare
    CradleCare
    PowerUp

All now fully support the Treo 650!

CradleCare also supports unattended hotsync'ing via BlueTooth.
    PrintBoy causes a fatal error when printing appointments and from Docs-to-Go. I have emailed Bachmann for any feedback.
    Zane
    Well, Handmap turned out to be a disappointment. Though it syncs up the Bluetooth GPS, something eventually happens and it ends up rebooting the 650 after about 3-5 minutes of tracking. The last time this happened, the 650 went into a reset loop and I ended up having to hard reset it, then reload all apps.

Developer notified.
    Hello. Glad to inform this thread that, as of version 6.7, Goldmine is fully compatible with PalmOS 5.0 and up (big green light). So now the 650 can seamlessly synchronize *directly* with Goldmine 6.7 and it's top-notch sync conduit engine. Learn more at:
    http://www.frontrange.com/goldmine/

The new conduit engine gives I.T. admins. lots more controls about how synchronization happens, to whom it happens, etc.

Until 6.7, we had to sync the 650 via Outlook. *Not* fun.

Thanks!
    Doug
    Doug
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Profeo Minute Minder also reports "'System Incompatible. Profeo LC works only on palmOne Treo 600!"

http://mytreo.net/mytreo/modules.php...etails&lid=238

This app looks good, I need an alert for when calls get dropped. How many times have gone on and on, only to realize I'd been talking to myself for 2 minutes...

"hello? hello?"

Then I have to call back and ask, "at what point did we get cut off?"

<grumble>

Any other apps that'll alert me with a sound when a call has ended (or is dropped?)
    I think you need to change your status on Butler. I downloaded the most recent trial (2.4 created on Dec 3rd) and it caused my Treo to crash on almost every sync. I created a post regarding the issue and others chimed in w/ the same issue, but nobody said they didn't have the issue.

At the least, you need to downgrade it's status from "Medium."
    Just sent this to lance but wanted to be all proactive

--

The compatibilty list seams to be in error; Shadow Plan is very
    much compatible with the Treo 600 and Treo 650; theres a few OS bugs, but
    nothing that impacts core functionality.. just a couple slowdowns in some
    parts of the appo; PalmOne is investigating fixes for those issues, and I
    will work around them if they don't.. but certainly Shadow works very wlel
    on all Treos.

How did Shadow get on the incompatible list? :/

jeff

--

Certainly, I've not heard of any real issues with the 650, so if its posted to such a list, it woudl be prudent to let the developers know so we're not in the dark, and so we dont' sit on some list forever

jeff

The only real known issue is if someone copies a file to SD and back, it can get weird; this seams to effect the device itself (numerous apps have the problem, and it onyl exists on the Treo 650, and happens only when using the OS standard ImportPDB function). So not a Shadow issue :/
    Lance got back to me; whew!

Thanks Lance!

jeff
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    Any other apps that'll alert me with a sound when a call has ended (or is dropped?)
    Built in & Free:

Phone -> Menu -> Options -> Sound Preferences -> Tones -> Service Tone = On

It's not very loud, but better than nothing.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    Built in & Free:

Phone -> Menu -> Options -> Sound Preferences -> Tones -> Service Tone = On

It's not very loud, but better than nothing.
    I had tried that, but then I heard a tone every time I lost coverage, even when the Treo was in my pocket and I wasn't on the phone. That got annoying pretty quickly.

If it made a beep when it lost coverage, but only when I was actually using the phone, then it would suffice. Any other apps out there that might help?
    Lance, Jeff, et.al.

Regarding ShadowPlan, can you point to a thread where this issue is being discussed (or where someone has documented the anomaly). I have tried ShadowPlan launched from RAM, databases on the card, or the entire app and data launched from within ZLauncher. If data corruption was widespread, you'd expect to see trashed apps as well as data. I'm not seeing that on anything other than ShadowPlan.

I'm going to write an app that creates big datasets, CRS's them and then writes them back and forth to the card. We'll see what happens.

Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    ScreenCare
    CradleCare
    PowerUp

All now fully support the Treo 650!

CradleCare also supports unattended hotsync'ing via BlueTooth.
    All have new versions that work 100% on the 650.

CradleCare 2.3
    ScreenCare 2.9.5
    BTmute 1.5
    PowerUp 1.9

I would recommend based on the user feedback I have gotten that these apps should now be in the HIGH category for 650 support.

Jeff
    Well I just purchased Smartphonetoolspro for my 650 after emailing them and their reply was that it was compatible. I have no experiance with this software previously but it seems to work up to a point on my 650. For some reason the link from its call list to the contact list for editing or adding doesn' seem to work on my Treo but it is collecting the details that I was hoping it would (at least so far) After all an informed Treo User has more money to buy all these extra apps if they don't spend it all on overages, right?
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Hello all, just wondering if anyone has tried the amazing app called Lightnzip from Toysoft . It may help the limited amount of RAM on the 650 because it can zip and compress RAM apps then automaticaly self extract apps when they are launched sometimes cutting the size of the file over half. I use it successfully on my treo 600. Can someone test it on the 650 please?

Here are the details and prc http://www.toysoft.ca/lightnzip.html

LightNzip™ is a PalmOS® system compression and decompression utility. LightNzip™ can create self-extracting applications. LightNzip™ offers the best compression rate. On a PalmOS® OS 5.0 Palm using Zlib ARMlet LightNzip™ is rated the best for compression speed and size. LightNzip™ can compress any files in RAM and on the external card. You can also delete and beam databases in RAM or on the external card using IR or Bluetooth®. LightNzip™ can unzip Winzip® and winRAR® archives created on a Windows® desktop computer and will maintain the original folder structure. LightNzip™ can also create WinZip® compatible files that can be opened on the desktop computer. Multiple files can be zipped into one single zip file on the external card.
    If a email client is installed you can send files directly to it for delivery from LightNzip™ LightNzip™ can receive zip attachments from the email client and will open the zip file in native format.
    I just bought PalmaryClock Screensaver v2.01, which comes bundled with SSManager v1.1. Both seem to work fine on the 650! I have the apps installed in RAM, and extra background files on my SD card.

Even though Screensaver isn't free (it's $9.95), PalmarySoft does offer a nice selection of skins and backgrounds, all for free!

Here is the background I'm currently using, all ready for the new year :

http://tanster.smugmug.com/photos/13459757-S.jpg

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    • To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    • To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
  16.    #296  
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkySpark
    Well I just purchased Smartphonetoolspro for my 650 after emailing them and their reply was that it was compatible. I have no experiance with this software previously but it seems to work up to a point on my 650. For some reason the link from its call list to the contact list for editing or adding doesn' seem to work on my Treo but it is collecting the details that I was hoping it would (at least so far) After all an informed Treo User has more money to buy all these extra apps if they don't spend it all on overages, right?
    Do you have a link for this.

Thanks,
    Lance
  17.    #297  
    Updated list...

Happy New Year!

Best regards,
    Lance
    highlighter has been updated, and is now compatible with the Treo 650. The highlighting ring on the 650 now uses 6 colors instead of the 4 used on the 600. highlighter doubles up the interior and exterior lines, but the author has said that he will fix this in the future to support all six colors.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tanster
    I just bought PalmaryClock Screensaver v2.01, which comes bundled with SSManager v1.1. Both seem to work fine on the 650! I have the apps installed in RAM, and extra background files on my SD card.

Even though Screensaver isn't free (it's $9.95), PalmarySoft does offer a nice selection of skins and backgrounds, all for free!

Here is the background I'm currently using, all ready for the new year :

I keep thinking someone will make an app like this that you can have as your default background on the phone screen, and still have the calendar event show up. Is it just me, or is this app not very useful? I like the look of some of some of the skins, and backgrounds, but I would like to see it when I turn my phone on to check the time.

I do like the stopwatch with seemingly unlimited splits, but I can probably find one somewhere in a smaller app.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    Highlighter has been updated by the author to now support six color rings. I would call Highlighter highly compatible with the 650 now. Not to mention, a very useful app. :-)