Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft4
    BackupBuddyVFS v3.06 is working fine for me on my t650.
    the bluenomad website specifically states that BBVFS is not compatible with the T650 yet (or the T5 for that matter) due to the NVram. they are working on fixing it.

backups work fine. restores crash while restoring the network profile data.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    ScreenCare now fully supports the Treo 650. It was redeveloped to support the advanced screen resolution and the new Album mechanism of storing images.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=65018 right here at TreoCentral.com
    Filemaker Mobile 7 crashes upon exiting the editor after modifying a field. I submitted a bug report to Filemaker, and will probably use my "one phone call to Filemaker" to try to get it working.
    WirelessModem doesn't recognize my regcode (strange...) and doesn't work in demo mode. Tried various combinations. Will email author.

Alternate option: Buy a bluetooth adapter, use the Dial-Up Networking patch instead.
  5.    #265  
    I have returned from vacation, and I have updated the list from the e-mails received and the posts since December 4th.

Thanks,
    Lance
    Hilighter does not work. It runs, but does not change the color of the highlighting ring.
    Hi, Lance,

You can upgrade Mapopolis to "High" on Treo 650. A few hundred users are running the T-650 version now with very few problems reported. It should remain at "Medium" for the T-5 as there are still some (hardware) issues remaining.
    Okay, getting ready to do some holiday travelling and want to have a reliable backup program to use. After reading through this thread it looks like backupbuddy may or may not work which sucks.

If anyone knows of a backup program that will definitely work, please let me know. Oh, I want to back it up on a sd card. Thanks.
    Tealbackup works pretty good for me. It doesn't always do the automated backups but it does backup and restore without resets.
    The latest beta of BackupMan is quite stable.
    v1.52b5 at www.bitsnbolts.com

Download it directly from
    http://www.bitsnbolts.com/files/BackupMan152b5.zip

Bon voyage,
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee
    Tealbackup works pretty good for me. It doesn't always do the automated backups but it does backup and restore without resets.
    I just checked this program out and it looks like a new version came out, Dec 13, 1.08 and its not beta. Just downloaded the trial version.
    I just wanted add that CallShields Pro works for my 650. Wasnt sure if its been posted. Too many threads to check.
    Handmark Trivial Pursuit a no go.
    I have to disagree with Safeharbor's comments above.

I love Mapopolis (this is NOT a flame response) but there are still serious issues IMHO. I had serious memory issues and constant reset problems with it on my Treo 650, including one where I had to hard-reset to get out of a reset-loop because the cache file had eaten all my available memory (causing the initial reset which got the reset-loop started).

I have a fairly minimal configuration with no hacks or intrusive apps. I have over 10 Mb available Treo memory and a 1 Gb SD card.

I had a lengthy email conversations with Mapopolis support and their resolution is to keep decreasing the number of available maps and do searches differently until the problem went away. I felt I had already decreased the number of maps to a minimum for my purposes (5 counties) and still continued to have reset problems while generating routes and during route navigagtion.

Besides, if I do an 'improper' search and have to hard-reset while on the road I'm toast, so that simply is not a proper resolution to me.

I was having regular, daily crashes and resets during hotsync. I have stopped using Mapopolis for now and have not had a single Treo 650 reset since then, and have not had a single hotsync reset since then. I strongly doubt the hotsync issues are related to Mapopolis but mention it because it is a very interesting coincidence that they stopped happening when I stopped using Mapopolis on my Treo 650.

That's my experience.
    ChickenHawk
    Anyone attempt Textras?
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    I just wanted add that CallShields Pro works for my 650. Wasnt sure if its been posted. Too many threads to check.
    CallShield Pro does not work properly on the Treo 650. This is acknowledged by the developer, Mantra Group. They claim they're working on a new version which should be available by the end of this month.
    --
    TreoBill Abides
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoBill
    CallShield Pro does not work properly on the Treo 650. This is acknowledged by the developer, Mantra Group. They claim they're working on a new version which should be available by the end of this month.

Correct and verified!! Does not work on the 650. I really need this application..ASAP. I hate the screen coming on for every text message!!! YUK!!!

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Just incase it was not covered..Verichat just put out ver.2.45b. WOrks great on the 650. Also has an improved interface!!

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Been using Bankbook v4.3.4 from Bahsoftware for a week now on my 650 without any problems. Works great.
  20.    #280  
    Hello,

I have updated the list, again. Again, thanks for all your input. Keep it coming!

Best regards,
    Lance