Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    ZagatToGo 2005 is not supported on the 650 yet according to http://software.zagat.com/zagat/Down...orm=2&Action=5. You can email ZTG-TTupdate@zagat.com and request to be informed when its available (which I suggest to show interest .

I have not tried ZagatToGo 2004.

I am not sure what ZagatToGo 3.03 is - 2004, 2005?

d
  2.    #222  
    I modified the list to include the date that the software title has been updated on the list. In addition, you can view the list by alphabetical order or by the date updated.

PalmOne Treo 650 Software Compatibility List

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Lance
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    Add to the GreenLight List:

BatteryGraph v1.21
    CardSpeed v1.2
    MinutesPlus v1.07
    OnlyMe v5.10 beta Medium v5.09 Low (5.10 is a beta test with no logging, i.e. less writes to memory and as such crashes much less often)
    PalmPuke v0.5 (though app's "about" info says 0.2)
    TrackerDog v2.02

ERic
    OMG!!

How funny--many moons ago (Mac SE), I had MacPuke. I am so excited to get PalmPuke. LOL!

Also, really appreciate the links with the software names--those are all some great little programs.
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    NesEm 1.6 should be added to the green light list. I haven't tried it myself (no 650 yet) but other people have here.

You should also add a note to the 1.5 red light entry that 1.6 and higher works.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I guess this goes on the GreenLight List with Medium status.

TreoSelecText v3.2 - allows text highlight by holding shift+left/right, but shift+center doesn't work on the 650 (yet).

ERic
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Audacity Pro runs fine from RAM but soft resets when run from the SD card.
    Last edited by emajy; 12/04/2004 at 08:57 AM.
    What about:

Wordsmith
    ClockPop5
    Switch5
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Clock Pop 5 works perfectly.
  9.    #229  
    List has been updated.

Important Note: I doubt I will have another opportunity to update the list before Monday, December 13, 2004.

Thanks,
    Lance
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    BackupMan v 1.52b (Beta) seems to have solved the backup and restore problem.

Clockpop 5 works perfectly.
    aol 3.2 for palm does not seem to work with my 650. I have installed each piece of software one by one and tested them and they all work without issues. By the way power run 1.3 is working perfectly for me. So for my device i would put the status at high.

But in terms of aol it works fine in terms of logging in and getting my email, etc. But once you hit the reset button on the treo it puts the treo 650 into a constant loop. Has anyone else experienced this using the aol 3.2 software? Do I have a bad copy?

Secondly the third party solutions (versamail and snappermail) are better interface wise and such but the issue is that it pulls deleted and old mail and not just new mail from the inbox. Has anyone got around that either?

Thanks
    Backup man 1.52b5 doesn't for with me it shuts down with a fatal error about 60% through it.

Clockpop works but doesn't work like it was intended to. On Palm OS4 you can hold the hard button you have it assigned and it shows you the time then when you release it the palms power shuts off. Now it will neither power on the treo or power it off after you release the button.
    I am using Agendus 8.06 right now on my card. The only problem I had was when it was in my main memory. The phone button would launch to my calendar. Could not correct that at all. Iambic said they were aware of the problem. Runs fine on my SD card using a program called TealAlias
    Backupman 1.52b5 will backup, yet the Treo resets as soon as backupman reaches 100%. I too had crashes at around 60%, until after closer observation, I realized that b5 couldn't back up the "mmplayer lib" for some reason. So I removed my .avi files from the Treo(still on the SD though), and it went all the way through to 100%, and the infamous reset. Between backupman resetting and hotsync manager resetting, I'm wondering if there is a way to backup the 650 securely and reliably. Maybe the NVFS system was designed to prevent your files from being erased, because you can't back them up.
    I have just gotten McPhling 5.60 to work on my Treo 650. This is surprising as I tried it a couple of weeks ago and couldn't get it to work with the usual buttons -- and reported to Lance for the "Treo 650 Software Compatibility List." This time, I have activation set as:

Apps: Treo: 5-Way Right...Hold
    Back: Treo: 5-Way Left......Hold

So, I stand corrected, by myself!
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
    Apparently there is a conflict between myweek 3.0 and the default datebook app. If you delete an appointment in myweek, instead of deleting it in the default datebook, the Treo will lock up, forcing you to remove the battery door, and reset. Other than that, seems fine so far.
    Thomasanderson,

I had problems with the earlier BackupMan betas on the Treo 650, but have found the latest v5 flawless. Have you tried this:

1) reset your Treo 650 before the backup.
    2) do a "warm" reset of the 650. Hold the "up" arrow when your reset, then none of the "extensions" will load.

I found this successful in the early days of the Treo 650.
    While I've been using it now for over 2 weeks, I still haven't loaded all my Treo 600 software on it yet!

Regards,
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    Backupman 1.52b5 will backup, yet the Treo resets as soon as backupman reaches 100%. I too had crashes at around 60%, until after closer observation, I realized that b5 couldn't back up the "mmplayer lib" for some reason. So I removed my .avi files from the Treo(still on the SD though), and it went all the way through to 100%, and the infamous reset. Between backupman resetting and hotsync manager resetting, I'm wondering if there is a way to backup the 650 securely and reliably. Maybe the NVFS system was designed to prevent your files from being erased, because you can't back them up.
    I had the fatal error problem also but it went away and NO resets... it backs up FAST and FLAWLESSLY... I just hope it restores as good!

You should do a warm reset and then a regular one... then it should work withotu error.. it takes some time but backuoman is working best it can until they get the palm fix they are waiting for (this is an NVFS issue from palm not caued by backupman).
    Hi Eric, where did you find the OnlyMe v5.1 beta? I am a registered 5.08 user and loved in on my 600, but it nags me about the OS version on my new 650,
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cgoren
    Hi Eric, where did you find the OnlyMe v5.1 beta? I am a registered 5.08 user and loved in on my 600, but it nags me about the OS version on my new 650,
    I got OnlyMe v5.10 beta direct from the developer to beta test on the 650.

The big change in v5.10 vs. v5.09 was to disable logging, i.e. writes to memory, in hopes to eliminate the crashes I was getting when the 650 would auto-off and lock w/ OnlyMe. v5.10 didn't completely eliminate the crashes, but I've only had one in over a week of use now as compared to probably one crash in every 4-5 auto-off's with v5.09.

v5.10 has issues though:
    • It too nags about being untested on Palm OS [5.04] sic when you start the actual OnlyMe app (to change its settings).
    • I have the OnlyMe LockDelay set to 2 minutes. When I'm on a phone call every ~2 minutes OnlyMe tries to lock the device. This results in the screen toggling/flashing between the Phone active call page, the OnlyMe page, and the untested OS nag page for about 10-15 seconds. Then it settles on the Phone active call page. This is an unfortunate drain on the battery.
    • One curious thing I noticed was that when I received an incoming SMS while on a call the SMS message screen showed for the duration of the call (much longer than 2 min) and seemed to prevent the Phone vs. OnlyMe wrestling match.

Hope this helps.

ERic