Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Phone Technician version that works is at
    hobbyistsoftware.com
    I wish confusedvorlon would have told me that then.
    The list is still wrong though. It says 1.52 works and links to the palmgear site. That version will not work.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    may be obvious, but you can beam your Phone Call Log & bookmarks from your 600.
    I thought it'd be cool (and useful for MinutesPlus) to have my 600's call log ported to my new 650. On the 600 the log's ~1600 records takes only 85K, but thanks to the efficiency of the new NVFS when installed on the 650 it explodes to 885K. I'm not willing to waste ~1M on call log history (yes I know I can purge). So I'm just starting fresh on the 650. Interesting that the P1 survery didn't ask about PhoneCallDB as it was by far my highest record count of "standard apps".

ERic
    Some other apps not mentions that I have working on my Treo 650 are:
    *** SmartMovie - works exellent and with the faster processer the movies play perfect and they are much clearer beacause of the better resolution.
    *** Palmary Clock - Works great
    *** Myworkbench - Works great
    *** FileZ - Works great
    @@ Matrix Screen saver - does not work
    Unlike avatarz, The Matrix Screensaver v2.01 works with no problems on my 650. I'm using SSManager v1.0 that was bundled with it.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Posted by Advance The Man
    may be obvious, but you can beam your Phone Call Log & bookmarks from your 600.

Good question about the bookmarks... I was so careful to do a complete clean reinstall of all my apps, that I decided to not risk it and just re-entered my bookmarks from scratch. Yeah, that was annoying. Any tips on how to migrate *only* bookmarks from a Treo 600 to a 650 would be appreciated.

Back to the subject of this thread, ScribbleOut doesn't work for me.
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...re&prodid=9268

This is a very useful app that allows you to "clear out" entirely any one (or all) of the databases for your contacts/calendar/memos/to dos/mail without having to resort to a hard reset. This is helpful for troubleshooting, for example, if all you want to do is resynch your calendar freshly and completely. (ie if you have dupes or something.) Saved my bacon quite a few times.

ScribbleOut launches on my 650, but when I asked it to clear my calendar, it said it was successful... but it didn't erase anything. I imagine it's looking for an older file. Looks like this oldie is no longer being updated, so if anyone knows of a similar app to replace it with I'd appreciate it.
    Last edited by Fofer; 11/27/2004 at 12:45 PM.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    Any tips on how to migrate *only* bookmarks from a Treo 600 to a 650 would be appreciated.
    Using the Palm install tool, select the "Bookmarks.pdb" file from your Treo600 backup folder to install via HotSync. That will append your 600 bookmarks to the current 650 installed list.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jasparks
    Anyone try Vindigo?
    Xistboi said he was having troible updating, but I've had Vindigo success with my Treo 650. Works fine, synching from a Mac (using Mark/Space Missing Sync.)

(I clean installed the app from the website, as an exisiting subscriber.) Indeed as the compatibility list notes, much of it is in low-res (and black and white!) but some parts are in color and the map is in hi-res. Still works great though.

I am also able to sync to AvantGo 5 -- using the MALsync conduit. Some AvantGo channels that used to look like crap and were too tiny to read (like Hollywood Reporter) now look just fine on the Treo 650. The type is still small, but at least now it's legible.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    Using the Palm install tool, select the "Bookmarks.pdb" file from your Treo600 backup folder to install via HotSync. That will append your 600 bookmarks to the current 650 installed list.
    Ah, thanks for that. I should've known it would have been so simple. Now if only I'd thought of that last night, as I spent the time to manually re-enter each and every one...
    Quote Originally Posted by palmnerd
    Anyone tried Audible? This is one of my must-haves and I'd sure like to know if it works... anyone?
    Yes.
    Needs SD card. Picked one up yesturday. Do the set up from desktop Audible Manager, do not set up by going directly to the website. I did a website search and found the palm solfware and loaded it. Then went to Audible manager and tried to add a device. Audibale then loaded the sofware to my 650 again. When all was done my 650 had two versions of the software on it, but one did not work. I deleted the none working version and all is fine.
    I don't have a BT headset, but the manual says that BT will not play MP3.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    PalmPrices also seems to fine. Last night I had some errors when trying to add things to my Amazon.com cart, but I think it was site issues... it's working fine this morning.

It's available as a web site or a PRC:
    www.palmprices.com
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    WWPoints (aka 1-2-3-Success Points v0.2) is also compatible.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I've installed version 3.02 of Acid Image Pro. I use it to view faxes (delivered as TIFF files) on my Treo. It worked fine on the 600, but on the 650, I can see the first page of the fax, but have no controls on the screen to magnify or move around the fax. I can't find a way to save the fax attachment so that I can try to view it in AI Pro. Anyone had any luck with this?
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeRadio
    I was going to install Kinoma, but with the Pics and Videos native function, you can add any video to the quick install and it will conver tit and add it

No need for a third party player!
    Huh? Is this true? I'd love to know more info about this. What formats does it work with? WMV? MOV? MPEG? DIVX?

First I've heard of that...
    Quote Originally Posted by JBoogie
    Unlike avatarz, The Matrix Screensaver v2.01 works with no problems on my 650. I'm using SSManager v1.0 that was bundled with it.
    i can corroborate that. works perfectly here, same installation as above.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    Toysoft's Personal Audio Recorder 1.2, the personal edition, is working on my Treo 650.

FYI, there is a recent update to the Pro version of PAR to include 650 compatibility but none to the Personal edition which was built for the 600. On a whim, I installed the Personal edition on my 650 and it seems to work OK despite the fact that no updates were made to the program.

I can record wav files to the external card and internal memory. I can also play them back and play recordings that were made on my 600. Also, one touch recording works as well as pressing R for record, S for stop, P for play and T to toggle between record mode and play mode. I assume the other keyboard commands work, but I have not yet tested them.

Just wanted to post this in case anyone who used the $14.95 personal edition on their 600 thought they needed to upgrade to the $29.95 Pro version of PAR. In my case, I didn't need to.

I'm hoping Toysoft will release an (free) update to PAR personal edition that officially supports the 650 but for now, the current version works for me.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by talkin73
    If you are interested, SoundRec works fine on my 650... and it's free!
    Well, just for some clarification: it works fine when recording to the Treo... but if you set the prefs to record directly to the SD card, it complains that the card cannot be written to, and that it's probably "locked."

(The same card works with the same app on my Treo 600, however.)

Hopefully the free SoundRec will be updated for Treo 650 compatibility with the SD card. Considering how internal memory is limited on these new devices, I'd much rather save my voice memos to my 1 GB card instead. And the fact that SoundRec is free, is nice! If not I may have to pay for one of the other commercial alternatives mentioned above.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    Well, just for some clarification: it works fine when recording to the Treo... but if you set the prefs to record directly to the SD card, it complains that the card cannot be written to, and that it's probably "locked."

(The same card works with the same app on my Treo 600, however.)

Hopefully the free SoundRec will be updated for Treo 650 compatibility with the SD card. Considering how internal memory is limited on these new devices, I'd much rather save my voice memos to my 1 GB card instead. And the fact that SoundRec is free, is nice! If not I may have to pay for one of the other commercial alternatives mentioned above.
    Thanks for posting.
    I've been racking my brain trying to get soundrec to record to my SD card.
    glad to know that it is not just my problem.
    I downloaded Phone Technician form PalmGear because it was on the list. It gives me an error at startup and says it is only compatible with the 600. Am I missing something?
    yes you are...

Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet

"Phone Technician version that works is at
    hobbyistsoftware.com"
    Quote Originally Posted by mortgageguy
    I downloaded Phone Technician form PalmGear because it was on the list. It gives me an error at startup and says it is only compatible with the 600. Am I missing something?
    You can also give TreoGuard a try. The latest beta does most everything PhoneTechnician does and more. You can find out more about it here .

Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast