Page 1 of 25 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Those who have the 650 and have a HFL capable automobile, please post your results here.

I'm personally interested in the Acura TL, but I'm sure there is someone here interested in the results with each HFL capable car.

Does it work? Does the battery indicator and signal indicator display properly on the car? Does it import your names/numbers (I know the TL doesn't have this option)? Any problems? etc.
    My new Chrysler 300C is just waiting for my 650 to get here from Palm early next week.

In the meantime my car was named MotorTrend's 2005 Car of the Year!

Can't wait to to fire up the bluetooth...
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Another interested TL owner...
    Need to know the same info for a 2004 Prius.... my Treo just came about 20 mins ago. Now I have to find an excuse to leave work early.
    -----------------------------
    Treo 650 rocks!

Get a FREE iPod Photo! Use the URL below:

Free iPod! Click Here!
  5.    #5  
    Looks like the Acura TL and the 650 are not compatable. From another board:

Got my phone this afternoon and have spent most of the day trying to get the HFL to work in it. Unfortunately, I haven't been successful at all. I can easily get the phone to pair with the car, but when I ask the car for a status, it says that no paired phones can be found. The Acura owner manual says that if you have any problems to contact the phone vendor. And their website has zero information. I'll try calling Acura's customer service number in the morning.
    Acurazine
  6.    #6  
    Anyone successfully pair it with *any* HFL equipped car yet? Have not heard any mention of it other than the failed attempt on that Acura forum.
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Let's hope it's something Sprint did to the phone.

Joe
    Hey I'm posting from my 650 and I am sorry to report that the 650 cannot pair with the Prius either! But I love this phone so I'm keeping it. Hopefully a patch will be created to make it work.
    -----------------------------
    Treo 650 rocks!

Get a FREE iPod Photo! Use the URL below:

Free iPod! Click Here!
  9.    #9  
    Wow. Does it work with ANY car? Anyone have success?
    I'm interrested in Lexus (which should be same implementation at Prius). My order is thur ViennaChannels so anyone via Sprint will know long before I do.
  11.    #11  
    Whose responsible for patching what to get the automobile and the phone to sync properly? PalmOne? The automobile manufacturer? The cellular provider?

Who do we need to complain to in an effort to get this resolved?
    Quote Originally Posted by nonstop
    Whose responsible for patching what to get the automobile and the phone to sync properly? PalmOne? The automobile manufacturer? The cellular provider?

Who do we need to complain to in an effort to get this resolved?
    I'd start with whoever manufactured the handsfree unit (the auto manufacturer if it's builtin, the vendor if you installed it aftermarket). In some cases, the handsfree unit is limited to specific phones or subsets of phones because of "value-added" features on the unit, like caller id displays, voicedialing, etc.

The cellular provider would only get involved if they've altered the relevant Bluetooth profiles on the device for some reason. palmOne would get involved if they've screwed up the handsfree profile support on the device somehow, but since there have been several demonstrations of the Treo 650 connecting to Bluetooth handsfree units (I saw this at the roadshow, and on a review somewhere), I think this is not very likely.
    Not working with the Prius?@#!$ That's the whole reason I'm buying this upgrade. Are you sure you did everything correctly?!
    Argh. This is going to make my wait for Verizon a little easier. Seems to me that for both market and technological reasons it would be easier/more likely for Palm1 to do a software/firmware upgrade on the Treo than for Acura to do something to the car.
    I am also an interested TL owner.

Does anyone else have any experience with this working or not working with the TL... following the pairing instructions?

My phone arrives in the next 45 minutes!
    Just called PalmOne Tech Support. They obviously outsource this overseas, I could barely understand the support person due to the lag in the phone conversation (sounded like it was an international call via satellite or something). Anyhow, given the recent release of the device, it's no wonder they are completely unaware of the issue.

I'd encourage all of you to call in to Tech Support on this (800-881-7256 Option 1), as the more they hear this complaint and it gets logged in their system, the more quickly they will either address it themselves or push on the car manufacturers to address it, depending upon whose issue it is.

Adam
    Im trying to pair it with my TL right now but so far no such luck. The phone tries to set up the pairing process which the TL doesnt allow.
    Ok, since PalmOne Tech Support was useless, I've contacted Toyota's customer service line. They can be reached at 800-331-4331. They took down all of my info, spent 20 minutes "researching" the issue, and came back telling me to look at my manual! So he then went on to say that even though the Prius is Bluetooth compatible, it's only compatible with certain phones! I said, isn't the whole purpose of the Bluetooth standard that all devices supporting them and common profiles can talk to one another? Having no good answer to that, he put me on hold again and verified that the Treo 650 wasn't on the "supported" phones list. No surprise given how new it was. He then logged the trouble ticket, was going to route it to a dealer, and have them get in touch with me. The only reason this is even remotely acceptable to me is that he said the dealers have special access to a Toyota Tech Support call center and can start reporting the problem there so it'll be investigated.

Damn, I really hope this is fixed soon. This is the entire reason I bought this phone!@$
    works fine in my lexus rx330, bluetooth rocks!
    Great to hear it pairs with 330- that unit is same OEM as the LS430 that I have. But I could swear its also the one in Prius as well.
Page 1 of 25 12345611 ... LastLast