Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by docmike
    My new Chrysler 300C is just waiting for my 650 to get here from Palm early next week.

In the meantime my car was named MotorTrend's 2005 Car of the Year!

Can't wait to to fire up the bluetooth...
    I too have the 300 and love it! But, I am very sad to say the Treo 650 does n ot integrate well with the Uconnect feature, the only thing it will do is answer calls and allow hands-free opertion. ALL OTHER OPERATIONS must be done from the handset.
    I don't know whether it is a Treo or Uconnect problem, but I paid $500 to install the system and I am very pissed It does not work as advertised. Of course, the 650 is NOT on the list of approved/tested phones for the system.
    Dave in Virginia
    Quote Originally Posted by Argelius
    Subject: Dialing from the Nav worked with Treo 650

As it turns out, I was able to get the Treo 650 to make a call from the navigation system. I notied the phone symbol in the display between the driver's and passenger's temperature settings right after I started the car. I wondered if that meant that system might work as expected. I quickly found something in the nav directory and, sure enough, the "send" button light up. I pressed the button and the HFL announced that it received a phone number from the navigation system and completed the call. The MID displayed the phone number and the call went through without a problem.

This gives me hope that they problem is more of a timing issue. It seems that the Treo registers with the HFL and then suspends transmissions after 20 seconds. I have played with the wakeup setting on the Treo and have had no luck in affecting this issue. Unfortunately, even when the phone and HFL are working, no battery or signal information is exchanged. I suspect that the Treo is dropping the connection because it is trying to save battery power.
    I have made a call through NAV as well.. omnce.. you have tio have the righ ttoming like say NEXT PHONE and right when it pairs with the TREO 650, QUICKLY do a call from the Nav BEFORE thje phone icon in the car goes away.

It isnt like this is SO far off from working... Its timing and waking the phone up (keeping the connection from the phone to the car) that is a problem

Sending signal and battery steregnth would also be nice
    I was playing around with the Nav system yesterday, but I couldn't find any location that appeared to have any "dial" button, despite the address and phone number being listed on the screen. Am I missing something?
    Here's a post I read from Acurazine:

I called PalmOne but the low level techs would only try to instruct me on how to pair the Treo with the HFL. I finally got a hold of a supervisor and he told me that the Palm engineers are working very hard on a software patch. Apparently, Acura is not the only car where the Treo is not working properly with Bluetooth car kits. He told me that the patch should be posted at the following url when it is available: http://www.palmone.com/us/support/b...patibility.html.
  5. GRC
    Quote Originally Posted by nonstop
    Those who have the 650 and have a HFL capable automobile, please post your results here.

I'm personally interested in the Acura TL, but I'm sure there is someone here interested in the results with each HFL capable car.

Does it work? Does the battery indicator and signal indicator display properly on the car? Does it import your names/numbers (I know the TL doesn't have this option)? Any problems? etc.

I have the acura tl '04 and the treo 650. should be heaven but it does not work. sprint said palmone is working on solution.

I may return the treo650.
    I just got the bmw x3 and paired off the phone fine. placed a call that went tru fine started talking and the phone went into soft reset loophole.
    help ... any suggestions?
    Any updates on the bluetooth functionality? Especially pairing the Treo 650 with Acura TL and RL?
    Thanks
    I have a Treo 650 and a Acura TL. The bluetooth connectivity works about 90% of the time when I place a call from the phone and when I receive a call. I cannot initiate a call from the car, and no caller ID, battery, etc. info appears on the car's display. So, I am able to enjoy the Bluetooth connection partially. I am hoping/suspecting that PalmOne/Sprint will be releasing a fix, since I haven't heard of any car that is working with the Treo, including the Audi A6 which PalmOne specifically "promoted" as being compatible...
    My Treo works with my new A6 about like yours with your TL. Every once in a while, it works right!. I was paying a parking attendant last night and I heard an unusual ringing. I thought it was the attendant's phone, but it was the Audi! The caller idea worked and identified a call from home, the answer button on the MMI screen worked: the whole nine yards. It won't work this morning, though.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Heads up everyone-palmOne is getting the message. I encourage EVERYONE on this thread to continue to lean on them in every way possible! (See the link on Car Kits)
    http://www.palmone.com/us/support/bl...atibility.html
    Well that looks like a bit of good news. It seems we will be able to download some sort of patch and run it on the phone instead of needing to go to the Sprint store ?

G.
    I got the Treo 650 a few weeks ago and then got my TL. I love the TREO 650 so much, but it just doesnt' work with the TL. I did contact both parties about it and so I think we're starting to generate a change. If the car wasn't such a big purchase, I would return my TL. The Treo 650 is awesome and the Blutooth tech works with all my other products. This is my first Bluetooth phone and I have to say that it's one of the best products out there. It makes life easy for the person who has a hectic working life. Bluetooth technology hopefully will be standard, and WORK with everything in the future.
    Speciman, I am sorry to hear you do not have an Infiniti dealer in your area who is enterprising enough that when someone lays out $50k for a vehicle and they want BT he (or she) does not want to deal with it for the extra profit involved. Franklly when I showed my dealer the printout of your rantings against me he first laughed and then commented he wanted nothing to do with helping you or your dealer figure out your situation. I will share with the group here that it was a Parrot BT kit they integrated into the FX35. I will also tell you the fact the Treo 650 is having so many problems with cars the BT SIG has taken note and is doing their own independent testing. But according to Speciman I can not be trusted so if you believe him then check out EWeek.com and look it up. Here is the link...

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1735523,00.asp

It appears many auto companies are installing BT that is not up to industry standards. Even more of a reason I am happy to have had a smart dealer who took care of me in a way that works I and used an aftermarket BT installation because it works in my FX35.

Second point, you ripped me because I said I had not posted because I had been gone for a week. I posted on Nov 24th and again on Dec 30, yes, that is correct. Lets count the days...6 days+ between postings. Does this prove you have some anal rantings against me? You are right I shoud have said I have been gone for 6 days and 3 hours and 12 minutes and 10 seconds. SOrry again that this is such offensive behavior to you. I will relent from such innacuracies in the future. You assume way to much and get on tangents that are totally unnecessary.

I am looking forward to your banning yourself for 30 days as you stated. Please enjoy that time away from TC. I am sure we will. Maybe in that time you will find a way to channel your energies better.

I finish my response to you with this note. It is not your job to tell me what to and what not to post here. This is not Specimans Forum this is for Treo users. You can disagree with my comments or with my opinions but this is still America last I knew and we have freedoms of opinion here the last I saw. Maybe things are different in California but I sure hope not. Maybe it is just you trying to bully me with your words. Seems like an odd way to get someone to help you.
    Quote Originally Posted by eeeemartin
    Has anyone checked with P1 or Sprint to find out if Sprint had P1 mess with the device's BT profiles? Sprint has done this in the past... Verizon, as you may know, is doing this now with the Moto v710 (and creating LOTS of angst among users). Specifically, two components of BT 1.1 must be enabled to work in certain cars-- including BMWs-- OBEX and OPP. Basically, these profiles enable data connectivity necessary for some car BT kits to function.

Since there are several phones that work just fine with all the car models discussed here, what we should be concentrating on are the differences b/w how the Treo 650 BY SPRINT is set up BT-wise versus the phones that work fine. Logically, the problem HAS TO BE with the Treo 650 implementation since a dozen or more phones do work. (FYI, the profile crippling by VZW directly causes inoperability b/e the v710 and car BT solutions).

Problem is, the carriers and car manufacturers-- both BTSIG members-- have different agendas. The car guys want complete transparency acrosss BT-phones, The carriers-- at least VZW and Sprint-- are worried about losing proprietary revenue (like Get It Now) and having people too easily hop on and stay on their networks for data calls. The carriers are notoriously strategically short-sighted. They will not be able to protect bad priicing plans from tecnological innovation in the long-run. We happen to be on the bleeding edge.
    Hi Guys,

Emartin is very close to the mark on this.

I don't have a 650, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but I have looking for a new phone/pda combo for a while and have researched this pretty well.

I orginally wanted a BT phone from ATT (who I am currently with) to work with my Palm 515/SIDO BT card. Well, ATT doesn't have TDMA BT phones (I need the AMPS backup), and even if they did, they don't allow CSD/DUN over their network.

So I turned instead to looking at Verizon...they use CDMA, BUT they also have AMPS service, but alas no BT phones until the 710 came around.

Problem is, depending on which conspiracy theory you believe in, that Verizon instructed Moto to cripple the BT implementation on the phone in two critical areas, OBEX (file transfer) and OPP (object push profile). According to the consensus over at Howard Forums, this was done primarily to stop the "revenue leak" by forcing users to use VZ's "Get it Now" service, which charges for each file transfer (ring tones, MP3s, wallpapers, etc). Why pay for it if you can just BT it to your PC?

Needless to say, the Verizon 710 folks are pissed basically because they bought the phone because they are power users that need the BT capability and car integration, which was the exact thing that was left off the phone. There's even a pot that was started for a hack to enable OBEX/OPP...it was up to $2500 the last time I looked. There is supposedly a new firmware comming out that addresses some, but all of the problems. Some have tried using OEM or other carrier's 710 firmware (not crippled) uploaded to the VZ phones, but have no one has found a real solution.

Anyway, why is this important to you guys? Well, the symptoms you are describing are EXACTLY the same issues that the V710 crowd seems to be having.

Specifically, the lack of OBEX would eliminate the ability to transfer the phone's phonebook to the car's BT system. This also eliminates the ability to Sync over BT unless you use specific client software that doesn't use OBEX, but rather uses file transfer via the Serial Port Profile (basically, the same as an old fashioned serial cable.)

OPP, which is a type of broadcast (very generally speaking), is how you recieve the signal strength, battery meter and caller ID from the phone to the car.

If either of these profiles are "crippled" in the phone's set of BT profiles, whether by bad design, poor testing, accident or intentionally, then the system WILL NOT WORK properly.

What can you do about it? Nothing, really. If the carriers want it crippled, you can bet it will stay crippled unless someone can figure out a way around it.

BTW, it looks like I'm going to migrate to Cingluar and I am looking very closely at the 650. The Imate series are simply too expensive and hopefully the WiFI thing will get fixed as well...

Best,
    Rich
    Don't keep injecting "bitterness" into this thread.... Don't you know when a discussion is over? If you are still angry with me, get over it. No one cares, but you. It's about integrity. People come here to share their "real" experiences and get real answers. You forfeited that by lying and misleading readers into thinking you had factory installed BlueTooth integrated into an Infiniti FX on November 13th with a Treo 650 working perfectly. (see post #104 & 108) This was highly unlikely since no one had received their Sprint Treo 650s until the next week and you refused to share your working solution. When asked by Ericdfairchild to prove you had this set-up, you ignored it and moved on to a new thread. Let's end this discussion here. You take care of yourself. Stop brooding over this, it's not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Speciman, I am sorry to hear you do not have an Infiniti dealer in your area who is enterprising enough that when someone lays out $50k for a vehicle and they want BT he (or she) does not want to deal with it for the extra profit involved. Franklly when I showed my dealer the printout of your rantings against me he first laughed and then commented he wanted nothing to do with helping you or your dealer figure out your situation. I will share with the group here that it was a Parrot BT kit they integrated into the FX35. I will also tell you the fact the Treo 650 is having so many problems with cars the BT SIG has taken note and is doing their own independent testing. But according to Speciman I can not be trusted so if you believe him then check out EWeek.com and look it up. Here is the link...

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1735523,00.asp

It appears many auto companies are installing BT that is not up to industry standards. Even more of a reason I am happy to have had a smart dealer who took care of me in a way that works I and used an aftermarket BT installation because it works in my FX35.

Second point, you ripped me because I said I had not posted because I had been gone for a week. I posted on Nov 24th and again on Dec 30, yes, that is correct. Lets count the days...6 days+ between postings. Does this prove you have some anal rantings against me? You are right I shoud have said I have been gone for 6 days and 3 hours and 12 minutes and 10 seconds. SOrry again that this is such offensive behavior to you. I will relent from such innacuracies in the future. You assume way to much and get on tangents that are totally unnecessary.

I am looking forward to your banning yourself for 30 days as you stated. Please enjoy that time away from TC. I am sure we will. Maybe in that time you will find a way to channel your energies better.

I finish my response to you with this note. It is not your job to tell me what to and what not to post here. This is not Specimans Forum this is for Treo users. You can disagree with my comments or with my opinions but this is still America last I knew and we have freedoms of opinion here the last I saw. Maybe things are different in California but I sure hope not. Maybe it is just you trying to bully me with your words. Seems like an odd way to get someone to help you.
    Last edited by specimen38; 12/13/2004 at 02:48 PM.
    My 650 pairs w/my Chrysler 300C, but doesn't work well. Seems to take calls fine, but placing calls works only 1 in 4 attempts. And, the battery and signal indicators do not work. But, having used a Sony T608 w/it I know the Chrysler works well.

Someone suggested that the Treo only supports the headset profile, which would explain the battery and signal strength prob's. Also, it was said that headset shuts down quickly to save battery, which might explain the outbound problem.

Also, the headset profile might explain why an existing call cuts over to the car as soon as the car is started, and w/o doing the "transfer call" process that the T608 required and which the manual says should be required.
    So Speciman what wil you be doing during your sabatical from Treo Central? And by the way I had my Treo 650 before November 13th. It is none of your business how I got hold of it and again you will not bully me into disclosing that. You are wrong to say no one had access to a Treo 650 untill after November 13th. Why do you continue to lie about me and others on here? It is quite insulting and I wonder why the board moderators continue to allow it. Just what is your agenda for constantly attacking me. I did not move on to "other boards" I just determined your outlandish and childish behavior was someting I could do without. So Speciman since you promised you would leave for 30 days and you haven't do we now call you a liar?

As for your saying Eric Fairchild requested proof of the set up. Just how does one remove his dashboard and rip out something from a new vehicle, take a picture of the wires and then put it back together? Kind of defeats the purpose of having the dealer install it in the first place. Get a life Speciman we are all more then a bit tired of your personal attacks.
    Do we really have to read this crap on a thread designed for Bluetooth issues.

Why don't you guys start another thread in order to continue this dispute and ramble on somewhere eles.
    My apologies thread members. I can't stop this guy. I made no claims. I have nothing to defend. He is obsessed with me, and saving face here. I will apply the ignore feature and perhaps we can move forward with constructive discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by BOBAER
    Do we really have to read this crap on a thread designed for Bluetooth issues.

Why don't you guys start another thread in order to continue this dispute and ramble on somewhere eles.
    Last edited by specimen38; 12/13/2004 at 02:49 PM.
    I have an 03 Murano and the stereo is almost identical to the FX. Many people in the FX and Murano are installing hands free kits with a relay that kill that power to the Bose Amp in the trunk. The mute wire connects to the relay, and when active, kills the power to the amp, muting the speakers. Unfortuenately Nissan/Infiniti do not have an integrated Bluetooth solution yet. I have heard of successful Parrot installs in both the FX and Murano.

If you want information I would suggest the forums at www.nissanmurano.org, or http://www.infinitifx.org. Both are excellent resources for both of the vehicles, and much of the information from the FX can be ported to the Murano, and vise versa.
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast