Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Argelius
    For what it's worth, I've gotten the T650 to work with my Acura TL for everything except initiating calls from the car. I can:

-- dial a call from the handset and it is automatically transferred to the car
    -- pick up an incoming call by hitting the 'talk' button on the steeringwheel (this is a little buggy sometimes).
    -- transfer a call to the handset (and vice versa)

I can't "dial" from the car, which is annoying, but it's working well enough for me that I'm content until PalmOne/Sprint release a fix (IF they release a fix...)

Hi

Can you twell me the exact steps you went through to pair this with the 650. Did you change the wakeup mode on the 650?

I got it working one time, now I can not again.l... I know the signal stegnth does not come in.

Can you please let me know what steps you took??

Mike
    Hey.
    I wish I could tell you some secret. But I used all the default wake up modes on the Treo (I don't have it with me right now to confirm). It's weird, but at first it wouldn't work at all, then it suddenly started to work okay...without me changing anything. Sometimes when I bring the phone into the car, the little phone symbol shows up on the top of the center display...sometimes it doesn't. (I keep the BT always activated on my phone). Occasionally if it stops working, I'll say "next phone" to the car, which usually reestablishes a link.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. It really seems to be sort of random when it works...and I am luck that it seems to be working most of the time...
  3. bsm
    Quote Originally Posted by Argelius
    Well, in some ways it's a good thing it's also not working with the Audi, since that's the one car PalmOne promoted as being Treo-compatible...
    Yes!! Can the 650/Audi Owners escalate this issue wih PalmOne Support as this would be considered a "certified" BT Car by PalmOne?
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nonstop
    Looks like the Acura TL and the 650 are not compatable. From another board:

Acurazine

The problem is that the 650 wants to treat all audio devices like a headset.
    This means that if there is no call on the 650 it will not maintain a Bluetooth link. This SEEMS to be a battery saving thing, but with unintended results for car kits. PalmOne IS working on the fix.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimf
    I'd start with whoever manufactured the handsfree unit (the auto manufacturer if it's builtin, the vendor if you installed it aftermarket). In some cases, the handsfree unit is limited to specific phones or subsets of phones because of "value-added" features on the unit, like caller id displays, voicedialing, etc.

The cellular provider would only get involved if they've altered the relevant Bluetooth profiles on the device for some reason. palmOne would get involved if they've screwed up the handsfree profile support on the device somehow, but since there have been several demonstrations of the Treo 650 connecting to Bluetooth handsfree units (I saw this at the roadshow, and on a review somewhere), I think this is not very likely.

The fact that is seems to not work with of the Bluetooth equipped cars tends to point to the 650 and not the handsfree unit. It is the only common point. It would be highly unlikley that all the car makers had the same problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxfli
    The problem is that the 650 wants to treat all audio devices like a headset.
    This means that if there is no call on the 650 it will not maintain a Bluetooth link. This SEEMS to be a battery saving thing, but with unintended results for car kits. PalmOne IS working on the fix.
    I hope the fix comes soon. ALso, we haven't brought the fact that the 650 doesn't push ojects to the car kits such as signal strength, battery strength, operating mode (digital, roaming, etc.) and waiting voicemails and SMS messages.
    Hi all,

In case anyone's keeping track, here's the latest dingbat answer from Sprint. I just called the number listed for them on PalmOne's site (800-974-2221) and went to a phone support representative. I wasn't expecting a resolution or any useful information; I just wanted to add my voice to the fray.

My call was picked up immediately, and when I said I was having trouble connecting my Treo 650 to my Toyota Prius, she put me on hold to contact Tier II Support. (Well, not immediately. First she tried to sell me long distance service on my home phone. I said if it wouldn't help me get Bluetooth working in my car, I didn't want to hear about it right now.)

I was on hold for close to twenty minutes. When she came back, she said that tech support said, and I quote, "Your phone is using software from Bluetooth, so you'll need to contact Bluetooth and have them resolve it."

It took me a second to parse this stupidity. Then I said, "What do you mean? Bluetooth isn't a company. It's an industry standard."

She said, "No, if you go to the Bluetooth.com Web site, there's a link to Bluetooth Support. You need to contact them and have them fix it."

Said I: "Contact who? That site's for an industry working group. They don't make any PRODUCTS!"

Said she: "Even so, you need to contact them. We can't do anything."

I: "You support your phones, right?"

She: "Yes. What problem are you having with your phone?"

I: "That it's not working according to the standard."

She: "Then you need to call Bluetooth and have them fix that."

We went around like this a couple more times; I could not get her to understand that there's no company called Bluetooth, with a number I could call for a magical fix; that the problem's in the phone. Finally I thanked her for her time and hung up.

Now, I'm not terribly discouraged by this. I don't view this as an "official answer" from Sprint -- I view it as an ignorant phone representative getting a sadly ignorant answer from a technician who should have known better. The only thing to do is to keep trying and hope that someone smarter is paying attention next time and won't pass the buck to figments.

But I thought I'd best post it here, in case anyone else gets similar answers. Perhaps you'll be able to come up with a better response than I could.
    Quote Originally Posted by SFEley
    "Your phone is using software from Bluetooth, so you'll need to contact Bluetooth and have them resolve it... go to the Bluetooth.com Web site, there's a link to Bluetooth Support. You need to contact them and have them fix it."
    Well, according the the Bluetooth website, if you are having problems with your Bluetooth-equipped device:

Contact the Product Manufacturer
    Your Bluetooth enabled product was manufactured by one of the Bluetooth SIG's 2000+ licensed members. The manufacturer designed and implemented the Bluetooth capabilities in your product and provides complete technical support for all of your products' features. Begin by taking advantage of the technical support options of your products' manufacturer.
    Just amazing to me that SPRINT wants exclusive right to sell the Treo 650 first in the U.S., but they don't have the customer service to support it. I am of the opinion that SPRINT couldn't do anything even if you had an understanding "level 10" tech support troubleshooter because the Bluetooth problem is a PalmOne problem -- that will need to be fix in the OS.

The Treo 650/Bluetooth is not working well with anything other than headsets and visor speaker extensions such as SuperTooth.

Quote Originally Posted by SFEley
    ......When she came back, she said that tech support said, and I quote, "Your phone is using software from Bluetooth, so you'll need to contact Bluetooth and have them resolve it."

It took me a second to parse this stupidity. Then I said, "What do you mean? Bluetooth isn't a company. It's an industry standard."

She said, "No, if you go to the Bluetooth.com Web site, there's a link to Bluetooth Support. You need to contact them and have them fix it."

Said I: "Contact who? That site's for an industry working group. They don't make any PRODUCTS!"

Said she: "Even so, you need to contact them. We can't do anything."

I: "You support your phones, right?"

She: "Yes. What problem are you having with your phone?"

I: "That it's not working according to the standard."

She: "Then you need to call Bluetooth and have them fix that."

We went around like this a couple more times; I could not get her to understand that there's no company called Bluetooth, with a number I could call for a magical fix; that the problem's in the phone. Finally I thanked her for her time and hung up.

Now, I'm not terribly discouraged by this. I don't view this as an "official answer" from Sprint -- I view it as an ignorant phone representative getting a sadly ignorant answer from a technician who should have known better. The only thing to do is to keep trying and hope that someone smarter is paying attention next time and won't pass the buck to figments.

But I thought I'd best post it here, in case anyone else gets similar answers. Perhaps you'll be able to come up with a better response than I could.
    It absolutely does not work with the new Audi A6! Same problems as with all of the other cars.
    I recently purchased a Chrysler Town & Country minivan with a dealer installed "U-connect" Bluetooth hands free system. My Treo650 would pair with the system, but would not hold the connection. The "U-connect" would inform me that "no phone available" when I would try to dial out using the hands free system. I called Sprint tech support three days ago. The representative asked me what a Chrysler car was and could I please spell it for him. Needless to say, I knew I wasn't going to get to far here. I made another call to Sprint about 30 minutes ago and got through to a knowledgeable tier 2 representative. He told me that both Sprint and PalmOne were aware of the Bluetooth car phone issue and that PalmOne was working a software "patch" that will be available in 30 to 90 days to correct the problem. He also added that he hoped it would be much sooner than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by garyg
    I recently purchased a Chrysler Town & Country minivan with a dealer installed "U-connect" Bluetooth hands free system. My Treo650 would pair with the system, but would not hold the connection. The "U-connect" would inform me that "no phone available" when I would try to dial out using the hands free system. I called Sprint tech support three days ago. The representative asked me what a Chrysler car was and could I please spell it for him. Needless to say, I knew I wasn't going to get to far here. I made another call to Sprint about 30 minutes ago and got through to a knowledgeable tier 2 representative. He told me that both Sprint and PalmOne were aware of the Bluetooth car phone issue and that PalmOne was working a software "patch" that will be available in 30 to 90 days to correct the problem. He also added that he hoped it would be much sooner than that.
    Welcome to the club. I have the factory-installed UConnect. It works more as an in-car headset than a communication conduit. I hate to say this but I mean this is the first palm powered cell phone with bluetooth. There would have to be some quirks in it.
    My Bluetooth "Toys"

Sprint Treo 700p
    2005 Dodge Magnum RT w/UConnect
    HP DeskJet 450wbt
    I got mine paired withb the TL however it seems the problem here is once they are paired the phone "cuts off" bluetooth communicaztion from the car, so I can not dial out.... and I los eindication that a phone is paired.

however when a call comes in the handsfree is reactivated.

This is not acceptable since I can not call out from the car, and also picking a call up is quirky with the handsfree, sometimes it sends the call to the handset only.

Also there is no signal strength and battery stregnth data passed to the car... there IS however caller ID (this also passes through to my new bluetooth Sony ericcson headset 660).

I hope you are right and I do believe with all the issues with virtually every car manufactuerer that Palmone WILL INDEED have a patch. With my car, and it serems inb all the posts I have read, it isn't that the bluetooth connection to the cars dont happen at ALL.. it seems like a connection issue which is similar between all. I tried with and wiothout ALLOW WAKEUP (which seems to do nothing) and no dice.

Since that is the case, a patch should work to fix this.

We wait paitently, and anyone who knows about the patch or where to get it first please post.

I do NOT think you should return the phone if youa re in the boat of your car bluetooth not working... I DO believe they will have this fixed...This is the FIRST TREO with Bluetooth, and if anyone here can remember how quirky the Treo 300 and 600 was at the beginning, you know they iron the issues out...

The same with the slow response dialing and keys etc.. They aren't idiots.. they can see there is a problem as easy as anyone here... and they will fix it.. they wont look at their phones and say to each other.. "Hey this is not working good... ha ha ha" and go to lunch....

Just my thoughts

Mike
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Here is the total of the research around this issue that I have been able to hunt down on the web. Hopefully this helps the issue along.
    http://61121cd.blogspot.com/
    Nah, I don't buy it. How could they advertise and market with the new audi when they are unable to do more than be a headset??
    Many other lesser phones can do the handsfree link profile, so why not the smartest smartphone??
    To me, this is a big deal. BT was going to be the ultimate car phone for me, and was a big reason for the 650 upgrade. Rather than put another specialty cradle in my car that only works for one model, I was going to do a final installation of a quality BT system with a nice display, whcih should work with whatever phone I have in the future.
    I'm new to this site, and didn't intend on posting, but I got some information I thought would be useful to you guys. Take it as is.

I e-mailed Sprint support and told them Treo Bluetooth doesn't work with my Prius. They e-mailed me back with a list of cars that it's only compatable with (including Acura and Chrysler). I e-mailed back with a reference to this thread, noting issues with all the cars they listed.

They replied and asked me to call sprint technical support, so I called, and the guy transfered me to "PDA support" (don't know what that really means). I told the PDA support guy the same story and he said he had to check and put me on hold for 3 minutes.

He came back with an interesting piece of information. He said that on approx. Dec. 1, the PDA support people got an e-mail regarding the Treo650 Bluetooth Car issue. It said (i'm paraphrasing) that the Treo650 currently does not support any Car hands free systems. But a software update is being worked on, and (I made him repeat this part) Sprint and PalmOne will be releasing an update, however, no date is scheduled.

That's all, i'm not going to speculate, just wanted to give what I think may be some helpful info.
    I have been able to pair the 650 with my LS430 on a couple occasions even getting to the point of hearing my voicemail through the car's speakers. Unfortunately the connection always seems to break though.
    It is because the phone loses connections with the car phone systems... Maybe because headsets do not require a constant connection.

The phone SHOULD so it can send battery and signal stregnth info for one.. and to work for two!

I hope they do a GOOD job mnaking it compaitble.. including signal stregnth
    At a social event, I met a very senior Toyota engineering executive, who was driving the forthcoming Lexus 400h hybrid and carrying a Sony/Ericsson T608 - which of course works fine with Toyota's implementation of BT. Great guy (and a geek like me)! I told him about the 650/Prius problem and am in continuous contact. He has very considerable influence and can help resolve this.

I haven't been successful in getting my 650 Bluetooth (or a second one!) to pair with either of my computers or my Jabra BT200 headset, my Prius, or a neighbor's Mini. As a bluetoothian from the beginning, I'm pretty sure the protocol's correct - this is probably a phone issue.
    Subject: Dialing from the Nav worked with Treo 650

As it turns out, I was able to get the Treo 650 to make a call from the navigation system. I notied the phone symbol in the display between the driver's and passenger's temperature settings right after I started the car. I wondered if that meant that system might work as expected. I quickly found something in the nav directory and, sure enough, the "send" button light up. I pressed the button and the HFL announced that it received a phone number from the navigation system and completed the call. The MID displayed the phone number and the call went through without a problem.

This gives me hope that they problem is more of a timing issue. It seems that the Treo registers with the HFL and then suspends transmissions after 20 seconds. I have played with the wakeup setting on the Treo and have had no luck in affecting this issue. Unfortunately, even when the phone and HFL are working, no battery or signal information is exchanged. I suspect that the Treo is dropping the connection because it is trying to save battery power.
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast