Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by delrey
    The OBEX and OPP profiles are used to send phone number data to the car -- the Handsfree profile is all that is required to have the phone pair & work for making and receiving phone calls.

I do have huge heartburn with VZW's disabling part of the v710 -- that's why I'm switching to sprint.

HOWEVER the problems with the 650 don't seem to be as simple. The Handsfree profile itself seems to not work well/be extremely flakey.
    The handsfree profile does work pretty well. you CAN use most car kits with the 650 as long as commands are initiated by the Treo. Its just aht the extras (car initiated dialing, signal and battery meters) don't seem to work.
    Argelius

Any luck transferring a call once it is received? You mentioned in your post that you were trying some experimenting with this.

If I receive a call via the Treo, the car will transfer the call to the Hands Free Link momentarily, but then it seems to get disconnected. I haven't yet experimented with this enough yet to determine if there is something I need to do (like push a button on the steering wheel or the Treo) or say to the car (like "transfer"Wink to get this to work.
    I am the new owner of a 2005 RL so would be most interested. Thanks in advance for your experimentation. I have yet to get the Treo 650 as I was waiting for the GSM version. Hopefully a full fix will happen but your input looks somewhat promising.

Thanks
  3.    #83  
    Well, I figure Acura is unlikely to resolve this on their end (if in fact it even is an issue they can resolve) so I headed to PalmOne to submit a complaint. PalmOne directed any customer care issues regarding the Sprint Treo 650 to the Sprint PCS website. I left Sprint PCS an email addressing my concern with the Treo 650's inability to successfully pair with the Acura TL and my intentions of finding a new provider if it's not resolved. I suggest you all do the same and perhaps they'll address the issue sometime soon!
    Anyone know how to make contact with gharrod? He claims in a post that he has had a Treo 650 since November 13, 2004, and its integrated in his new 2005 Infiniti FX35 car. Is this guy the joking type or is this credible stuff. I just wanted to get some info from him before I go to the dealership today.

Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    HA HA Chicky, good one! I just got a 2005 Infiniti FX35 with the tech package and BT. It works beautifully with the T650.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericdfairchild
    gharrod - you've already got a 650 and can confirm that the BT implementation works well with cars (or at least your Infinity)? Cool!
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...0&page=2&pp=20
    Quote Originally Posted by lexusrx330
    works fine in my lexus rx330, bluetooth rocks!
    I have the Lexus 430 and cannot pair it. What did you doto get it to work?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I have spent a ton of time trying to pair the treo 650 with my LS 430 and have come to the conclusion that it can be paired only momentarily, but the phone won't hold the pairing as most phones do. This seems to be a common thread here, and I very much doubt that a lexus owner has had a different result. I think the only solution is to wait for a patch from palmOne.
    I just got my 2005 Cadillac STS only to find out that although the 650 pairs fine, the BT connection fails after a few seconds. Like others, I can initiate a connection only when I dial through the 650. So folks this seems to be an almost universal issue that needs to be addressed as soon as possible by Sprint or PalmOne.
    Quote Originally Posted by 61121cd
    I have spent a ton of time trying to pair the treo 650 with my LS 430 and have come to the conclusion that it can be paired only momentarily, but the phone won't hold the pairing as most phones do. This seems to be a common thread here, and I very much doubt that a lexus owner has had a different result. I think the only solution is to wait for a patch from palmOne.
    same with acura TL.

We need a patch since now this is a PHONE issue affecting just about every car with bluetooth.
    The 2005 has the same issue as you are all stating. Sometimes it will pair for a second and then disconnect. However, you can still dial from the 650 and hear the call thru the car.

Sounds like a p1 issue for sure.
    Perhaps we should email this thread to Palm One support (if it exists) so they can see all of the collected problems/vehicles in one place.
    Thought I would share what I have learned with the BMW bluetooth to see if it helps anyone else.

I also had the same problem with the phone losing bluetooth connection. No problems with initial pairing procedure.

2 things which seemed to help:

1) enable wakeup
    2) cancel autolock mode on the phone.

It seemed that I would always lose bluetooth connection when the phone would go off. Enabling wakeup and canceling autolock greatly reduced the frequency that this would happen. However, it does still happen on a rare occasion.

This does not solve all the bugs by any means. I still have problems with disconnecting the handsfree. When I do push the disconnect button on the phone, it disconnects for a few seconds and then reconnects over the speakers. Anyway, hope this helps a few.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahpendo
    How about a patch to enable the "connect" button to allow Bluetooth to connect to my Lexus?

Here is the official Sprint response:
    "hank you for giving me the opportunity to address your concern.

Due to some development deadlines, the Treo 650 handset has been launched without the DUN [dial-up networking] and Bluetooth capabilities. However, as part of a scheduled maintenance release of software and compatibility testing, the dial-up networking and Bluetooth capabilities of this handset model will be supported.

Please be assured that as and when the dial-up networking and Bluetooth capabilities of the Treo 650 handset are launched, you will notified through numerous media releases. Upon the launch, you will be able to use your Treo 650 with your Lexus.

I appreciate your patience and cooperation in this regard.

Micheal S.
    Sprint eCare"
    I hope this helps its from another thread.
    LOL, "Development deadlines."

That's rich.

I wish the GSM phones were out so we can see how much of this frustration is being caused by sprint's castration of the phones DUN abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by doc1
    Thought I would share what I have learned with the BMW bluetooth to see if it helps anyone else.

I also had the same problem with the phone losing bluetooth connection. No problems with initial pairing procedure.

1) enable wakeup
    doc1,
    What BMW are you using? I now see that they have bluetooth upgrade kits going back to my year (2001) and I am considering adding one. Before I lay down the big bucks for this ($500), I would like to see what I'm in for. What kind of features of the 650 are available to you? I am hoping I can use my steering controls and perhaps see numbers on my dash.

If I don't get a lot of bang for the $$, I would rather get the THB kit when it's available in January which will still integrate with my car's speakers.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doc1

1) enable wakeup

It seemed that I would always lose bluetooth connection when the phone would go off. Enabling wakeup and canceling autolock greatly reduced the frequency that this would happen. However, it does still happen on a rare occasion.

This does not solve all the bugs by any means. I still have problems with disconnecting the handsfree. When I do push the disconnect button on the phone, it disconnects for a few seconds and then reconnects over the speakers. Anyway, hope this helps a few.
    when you reference "enable wakeup" are you referring to the discoverable mode for Bluetooth or something else? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by 61121cd
    when you reference "enable wakeup" are you referring to the discoverable mode for Bluetooth or something else? Thanks.
    He/she is referring ot something else. It is an option that is under the menu in the bluetooth manager. Just hit the menu buttom while in the manager screen nad it is the second option down.
    Thank you Argelius for your efforts. I'm going to try your partial connection to see if it works.

I guess the encouraging thing is that this may be a Treo problem (or Palm) versus a Acura problem.
    TreoSaurus
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD
    doc1,
    What BMW are you using? I now see that they have bluetooth upgrade kits going back to my year (2001) and I am considering adding one. Before I lay down the big bucks for this ($500), I would like to see what I'm in for. What kind of features of the 650 are available to you? I am hoping I can use my steering controls and perhaps see numbers on my dash.

If I don't get a lot of bang for the $$, I would rather get the THB kit when it's available in January which will still integrate with my car's speakers.
    I have a 2003 BMW M3. I did have the bluetooth upgrade installed last week. Total cost was around $800. The BMW bluetooth module with the voice activation does not allow you to use the palm quick dial keys. It does transfer them into memory but when you try to dial via the steering controls, it doesn't work. However, it does allow you to record names manually so that you can press the speak button, say "dial (name)" and the system will dial for you. It also allows you to press the speak button, say "dial (number)" and it will dial the number. I'm pretty satisfied with the system except for the fact that the palm bluetooth doesn't always maintain a connection. However, it does reestablish itself within a few minutes after losing connection if you keep the autolock off and enable wakeup. Hope this helps. By the way, what THB kit are you referring to?
    I was referring to the THB Car-talk DSP with a connection harness to the BMW's stereo system. The 650 cradle is not yet available though.

If I get the 650, I will probably get the BMW upgrade kit and install it myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWC Realtor
    The handsfree profile does work pretty well. you CAN use most car kits with the 650 as long as commands are initiated by the Treo. Its just aht the extras (car initiated dialing, signal and battery meters) don't seem to work.
    This is not the case for the Toyota Prius. In general Treo initiated calls aren't able to be picked up on the Prius handsfree. I believe Acura TL is the same but I'm not sure.

I wouldn't have a problem with living without the extras -- but in my Prius I can't use the handsfree system either when answering a call or placing a call.

I don't call that "Works pretty well" in my case, anyway!
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast