Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    I experimented quite a bit and I have the same issues reported here. The car will get incoming calls but the Treo (and Treo definitely appears to be the problem) drops the connection within seconds after a call. For the cars to allow dial out, the Treo needs to maintain the connection and it simply is not.

It is frustrating but hopefully our friends at Treo will get a fast fix out to help us keep connections open.
    PWC Realtor-
    Who did you call about the UConnect problem ? Would you mind posting the number so for the chance that if more people call with the same problem they might feel it a little more important ?
    Thanks
    G.
    Gharrod,

WOW!

Please PM me or post back here. I will be purchasing a 2005 Infiniti FX 45 within a month. There is nothing in their materials that says it has Bluetooth built into the vehicle. I have been beating my head against a wall for months trying to figure out a work around.

Is it listed as a feature on the website? If so, I missed it completely.

Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Geesh, I have a new 05 Infiniti FX series with the tech package (this is the first time they offer BT) and mine works great with the T650. Not sure what to say but I had a pre-release T650 and been using it for almost a month with the FX. Turning the vehicle off (as noted in an earlier post, they said the TL that was working with it lost the setup and had to be reconfigured) doesn't effect mine at all.
    Last edited by specimen38; 11/24/2004 at 11:32 PM.
    I will pay good money for a WORKING Acura TL fix.

I experimented and NEVER got the battery and signal stregnth to work.

When I get Treo paired., it loses it right away says no phone found.

I gave up after awhile. it dfoes NOT stay paired

I wish someone would help with this!
  5. rdn
    Got my 650 today, and experimented with my Prius. It's incredibly frustrating that it doesn't work well... But I can patch into the voice system two (non-elegant) ways.

First, I should say, the pairing process goes fine, right up until I enter the PIN code on the Treo (as instructed). At that point, the treo flashes a "Connected" then immediately "Disconnect" sign, and the car remains on the Enter Pin screen (as if it hasn't paired).

(1) BUT if I immediately initiate a call from the handset (while the car is still on the Enter Pin screen), the call will transfer to the car's audio system just before the first ring.

AND

(2) The car seems to auto-detect the phone immediately after it [the car] is started now, and allows me to make ONE call (again, from the handset)-- even of several minutes in length-- before dropping the Bluetooth connection as soon as the call is complete.

Don't know that this is helpful or even comprehensible, but my experience, for what it's worth. I hope there's a fix!
    Is there a central place where one can see a full list of all vehicle that include a handfreelink ?
    RDN - I've been able to duplicate that exact behavior with my 2004 Prius. I also found that I was able to transfer over a contact from the Treo's phonebook to the Prius, but again, only after immediatly turning the vehicle on during that "first connection" attempt. Transferring the data is of little use, though, as I haven't been able to "initiate" a call from the Prius GUI yet.

Hope they get this resolved soon. I'm calling Sprint in the morning to complain.
    Well, I am feeling a bit more encouraged. Thus far, after pairing the Treo 650 and the Acura's Hands-Free-Link, I've been able to get my 2004 Acura TL and my Treo to work together for the following:

If I initiate a call from the handset, the Acura will automatically transfer the call to to the car and I can converse via the car's speaker and microphone -- works great; to end the call, I push the "end call" button on the steering wheel.

If I receive a call via the Treo, the car will transfer the call to the Hands Free Link momentarily, but then it seems to get disconnected. I haven't yet experimented with this enough yet to determine if there is something I need to do (like push a button on the steering wheel or the Treo) or say to the car (like "transfer"Wink to get this to work.

I have definitely been unable to initiate a call from the car (by pushing the steering wheel button and saying "Call" or "Dial"Wink. When I try this, the Acura says "no phone found." If I then say "Next phone" the Acura will again establish a link with the Treo, but once I command the car to Dial/Call, it will say no phone found. (This also co-incides with the Bluetooth Indicator on the Treo changing from its' "paired" appearance to its "activie" appearance).

So, this all tells me the problem seems to be with the Treo. Whenever the car sends a command to the phone (like "dial"Wink the phone loses its link with the car. In any event, I am thrilled that at least I can use the Hands-Free-Link to make phone calls when they are started by the phone itself (and possibly answer calls, although I still have to investigate this to see how to signal the car to pick up the call).

Hope this helps. Let me know if you determine more "work arounds". Hopefully (with I know is wishful thinking) PalmOne/Sprint will come up with a "patch"...
    Seems like my 2004 Toyota Landcruiser is the same as the Pirus. Total frustration. I took mine to the dealer last night and we worked on every possible set-up on the phone and on the car with no luck. Tested the car's system with a couple other bluetooth phones and it worked perfectly. I will be calling PalmOne and Sprint tomorrow. Good luck to everyone.
    I have a 2005 Range Rover and the treo 650 finds the rr just fine but the rr does not see the 650.

I have tried all the different settings within the 650 but to no avail. Once linked, I am able to initiate a call from the handset which then goes thru the cars system and most of the time it works ( i can talk and here the other party). The strange thing is when I dial a #, a different # comes up on the cars screen yet the call I actually placed goes thru to the correct person.

This is very frustrating, as I am unable to use any of the cars functions and I have to rely just on the hand set.

I am hoping this is a problem within the 650 and that either Sprint or Palm will come out with a patch asap.

Any other input, in particular to the Range Rover would be appreciatied.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman1000
    PWC Realtor-
    Who did you call about the UConnect problem ? Would you mind posting the number so for the chance that if more people call with the same problem they might feel it a little more important ?
    Thanks
    G.
    UConect's number is (877) 855-8400. Howeer, I am on the fence and have a feeling that it is partly or all a problem with the 650.
    can any techi out there advice on whether or not the bluetooth can be fixed with a patch? if yes I am sure alot of people here will be more than happy to pay handsomly for the trouble...
    I have a 2004 BMW X3 with Navigation, BMW Assist, and Bluetooth. Does anyone know if the treo 650 will work and what specific capabilities it will give me to interface the devices?
    Isn't this fun...

I, like rdn and adamt, am having the exact same issue w/ my '04 Lexus LS430 and pseudo connecting.

I'm ready to fork out the $$$, as well, for a patch.
    Isn't this fun...

I, like rdn and adamt, am having the exact same issue w/ my '04 Lexus LS430 and pseudo connecting.

Isn't this fun...

Isn't this fun...

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Has anyone checked with P1 or Sprint to find out if Sprint had P1 mess with the device's BT profiles? Sprint has done this in the past... Verizon, as you may know, is doing this now with the Moto v710 (and creating LOTS of angst among users). Specifically, two components of BT 1.1 must be enabled to work in certain cars-- including BMWs-- OBEX and OPP. Basically, these profiles enable data connectivity necessary for some car BT kits to function.

Since there are several phones that work just fine with all the car models discussed here, what we should be concentrating on are the differences b/w how the Treo 650 BY SPRINT is set up BT-wise versus the phones that work fine. Logically, the problem HAS TO BE with the Treo 650 implementation since a dozen or more phones do work. (FYI, the profile crippling by VZW directly causes inoperability b/e the v710 and car BT solutions).

Maybe we'll get lucky and all this will turn out to be poor beta testing by PalmOne. The solution will be a simple fix to the 650's firmware-- but I am not holding my breath.

I agree that the issue is, in the end, with the Bluetooth Special Interests Group's inability or unwillingness to require common and exact implementation of BT profiles for a manufacturer to use the BT logo or state BT-enabled. We are not normal consumers-- imagine what the non-techy will go through when they stumble on BT in their new car in a standards-defficient environment.

Problem is, the carriers and car manufacturers-- both BTSIG members-- have different agendas. The car guys want complete transparency acrosss BT-phones, The carriers-- at least VZW and Sprint-- are worried about losing proprietary revenue (like Get It Now) and having people too easily hop on and stay on their networks for data calls. The carriers are notoriously strategically short-sighted. They will not be able to protect bad priicing plans from tecnological innovation in the long-run. We happen to be on the bleeding edge.

My suggestion is to I.D. the BT differences across phones that work and don't, and then ***** like hell to P1, Sprint, the FCC (they oversee wireless issues) and your state corporation commission. As consumers, that's the only route to an early fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcalvillo
    I have a 2004 BMW X3 with Navigation, BMW Assist, and Bluetooth. Does anyone know if the treo 650 will work and what specific capabilities it will give me to interface the devices?
    Unfortunately, I don't think you can predict until someone actually tries the T650 with a particular car. The Acura TL requires a Bluetooth-equipped phone with the "handsfree profile", which the Treo has. Despite this, the phone only appears partially (and sporadically) compatible with the Acura...
    The OBEX and OPP profiles are used to send phone number data to the car -- the Handsfree profile is all that is required to have the phone pair & work for making and receiving phone calls.

I do have huge heartburn with VZW's disabling part of the v710 -- that's why I'm switching to sprint.

HOWEVER the problems with the 650 don't seem to be as simple. The Handsfree profile itself seems to not work well/be extremely flakey.
    Last edited by delrey; 11/26/2004 at 01:22 PM.
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast