Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1419202122232425 LastLast
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    bump

Can Anyone Help?
    I am about to buy a 2006 Jaguar XJR and would like to know if anyone has their Treo 650 (Cingular) working successfully with this car. Any insight from people on this forum would be useful before I pay the $500 for the bluetooth option.

Thank you.
    I am very skeptical of anything to do with Treo's bluetooth. I had some hope for the 680 but I am finding it unreliable. My recommendation is to buy a second bluetooth phone and use it as a dedicated car phone. I use a Sony Ericsson T616 with a prepaid T Mobile plan and it works well. I originally used it with a SE handsfree kit on my former car but now with the Blueant Supertooth II and I am satisfied.

As for the add on of the Jaguar why buy into that heart ache. I spent a similar amount for Jaguar's Audio Connectivity Module on my 2004 XJ8 and its performance is spotty. It neither works all the time or fails all the time so I am having trouble getting the service people to take me seriously.

There are good Bluetooth phones out there Treo just isn't one of them.
    I can pair the phone quite easily by following the voice commands. I can make and receive calls. However once I shut the car off I have to go through the whole pairing process again. The car will not recognize the phone.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
    I find it works best if you delete all connections from Treo and the car - then instead of using the car to find the Treo have the Treo find the car and use the treo software to identify, link and select car kit.
    I have an '05 TL and am unable to succ. get my unlocked Treo 680 working.

At first I paired it with my TL, but the TL and 680 would not automatically connect when I got in the car...they only connected after the initial pairing session.

I then went ahead and deleted all pairings (incl. the 680) and tried "re-pairing" but I'm not able to!

right after I give the phone a name, but before the TL repeats the name back to me, the connection is lost... has happened about 10 times so far.

i've paired at least 8 other phones over the past two years and this is the first time I've had any trouble...
    I just had a Motorola IHF1000 installed in my 07 Touareg...and it works amazing well with my 700p on Sprint. When I get in the truck it automatically recognizes the Treo (or my A900), I have yet to have it not connect to the phone as long as bluetooth is already on before I start the ignition.

The kit was installed in my ashtray so you can't even see it unless you need to activate voice resonation. A small microphone is mounted on the overhead console.

Call clarity is excellent on my end (the IHF1000 routes the call through my stereo speakers after muting the stereo) and from what I'm told callers experiences range from being able to tell I'm on speaker phone to not being able to tell at all (although I'm always told it is clear and static free.

So far I'm extremely happy, I'll post some pics of the install later.

Here is the hardware: http://www.motorola.com/automotive/solution_blnc.html
    My wife is using her 650 in our new 2007 Camry with no issues. It detects the phone every time she is in the car and passes through the stereo system on the first ring. I have not had a chance to synch it with my new Cingular 750 yet.
    680 BT connection to 06'TL is not stable. Initial Pairing works fine but when you ask to HTL to "find next phone" it can't locate the phone. Also, when make or receive a call, sometimes works and sometime doesn't... I have to ask it "transfer" but that doesn't work all the time either... HFL would say the phone in use or there's no call.
    Works fine with Cingular 8125, Motorola phones, VW Blackberry 7250 and Samsung phones.
    Please let me know if anyone who overcome this issue.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Anyone try a TellPhone product? The 650 is listed as supported.
    I'm looking for a small neat kit for my 2002 SLK.
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    My Treo 650 resets every once in a while when I go to make or receive a call when paired with my '05 TL. It used to happen almost every time, but then I realized that I had Bluetooth on my phone set as "Discoverable". Once I turned that off, things got much better. It still happens from time to time, but it is at least usable now.
    Quote Originally Posted by bebrewer View Post
    My wife is using her 650 in our new 2007 Camry with no issues. It detects the phone every time she is in the car and passes through the stereo system on the first ring. I have not had a chance to synch it with my new Cingular 750 yet.
    Ok, I paired the 750 with the Camry and the call quality seemed to be a bit better than the 650. However, there were a few bugs that I didn't like....

-The car would show the signal strength bars on the stereo display for the 650, with the 750 no signal strength is shown.

-When turning off the car in mid conversation with the 650, the call is automatically transferred to the handset. When turning off the car in mid conversation with the 750, the phone hangs up the call.

-When going from car to outside the car, the 750 will occasionally lock up and require a soft reboot.

Anyone else having these types of issues with the 750 and Toyota BT option?
    Quote Originally Posted by wabasoyo View Post
    680 BT connection to 06'TL is not stable. Initial Pairing works fine but when you ask to HTL to "find next phone" it can't locate the phone. Also, when make or receive a call, sometimes works and sometime doesn't... I have to ask it "transfer" but that doesn't work all the time either... HFL would say the phone in use or there's no call.
    Works fine with Cingular 8125, Motorola phones, VW Blackberry 7250 and Samsung phones. Please let me know if anyone who overcome this issue.
    I find my 680 also relatively unstable in the 06TL. My car finds the phone pretty easily (most of the time) but drops the HFL between the time HFL initiates a call and the call is answered. Saying "Transfer" solves the problem for me allmost every time. Once connected to a caller, HFL does not drop out.
    Anyone know of a way on the Treo or the TL to keep the connection in place long enough for the call to connect every time?
    I'll repeat myself from another thread, but I'm having a horrible time maintaining consistent Bluetooth connection between my 750 and 2006 BMW 3-series. My 650 worked flawlessly. But the 750 seems to randomly disconnect. I'm ready to blame the car, but before I do, one thing I noticed is that sometimes the Bluetooth icon on the 750 Today screen appears to disconnect (regardless of whether I'm in the car), even though Wireless Manager says it's still Discoverable (i.e., on). I NOTICE it more when I'm in the car since about every other call I have to find the phone to answer it manually, but it appears to have the problem other times as well. 750 Hardware, 750 Firmware, BMW Firmware, or 750/BMW software bug? Any thoughts?
    OK, I posted this on the Cingular user group site and another Bluetooth connection thread here in TreoCentral as well - I was tinkering with my 750 the other day (the one that disconnected frequently from my 2006 BMW 330i, and wouldn't even maintain Bluetooth "on" (discoverable) when I wasn't in my car). After doing a soft reset, I deleted the 750 pairing in my car, and then reestablished the pairing. I used passcode "1111". Interestingly, in the original pairing it identified my 750 as my user name (name in the Settings>Owner Information field). When I re-paired, it identified it as "unknown." But now it seems to work like it's supposed to - Bluetooth remains on full-time (OK, adding to a bit of battery drain), and I don't have to reconnect Bluetooth every time I get in my car (and 3-4 times more during the drive). I'm hoping I haven't jinxed myself, but it's been almost a week, and it's only failed me once...
    I guess I did jinx myself. Things were working great - then I downloaded the Daylight Savings Time patch, which did a soft reset, and now BT doesn't pair with my BMW at all. I have tried repairing numerous times, but the "Handsfree" box in the Services page on the 750 doesn't show up at all now, even after hitting "Refresh" several times. I did have it paired a few days ago, but BT would continually drop (even when I wasn't in my car). Very frustrating. Time to visit Cingular...
    I had my 650 (with 1.12a update) working with my Lexus handsfree just fine but the phone keyboard died so I got a replacement with 1.13a update and after I pair I don't get any sound played back when I make a call. Anyone else experience anything like that. I know that 1.13a had some more bluetooth changes but I could swear I saw that someone had succesfully used a 650 with 1.13a update on a Lexus (or could have been Toyota).
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I have a 700P with 07 BMW 330 and it only appears to sync your favorites list. When you are in a conversation and press the cancel bluetooth link button on the screen, it cancels it for about 10 seconds, then finds the car and syncs again.

My previous Motorola E815 hand no problems syncing my entire list of contacts.
    i dont know why but everytime my treo 700p pairs with my acura TL 04 there is static and humming that i hear when in conversation... it worked great for some time but now everytime it connects the sound quality is terrible... i tried to delete phone profile and reinstall and still same issue, the phone is located right in the center console.......? The day palm releases any updates for this phone it will be so outdated
    I am looking at a 07 Landrover LR2. Anyone have experience with pairing a Treo to it?