Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skruggs
    I've got my Sprint 650 paired to my brand-spanking-new '06 Infiniti M35 and have no problem answering calls with the car's controls. I can also make outbound alls if I start the call from the 650. I can't seem to get the HF unit to dial out properly. The bluetooth connection appears to time out before I finish telling the car which number to dial...The display gives a "Phone disconnected" message before the spoken number I've given to the Voice Recognition system is dialed....any suggestions in making the time out longer??
    That's strange, this feature works fine for me. When I say "Dial 555-5555", the car replies "Dialing 555-5555" and then dials. It just works. I can also voice dial from my car's phonebook for numbers that I have pre-set up. Do you have the latest v1.12a firmware installed?

Paul
    I have the Treo700W and a 2006 BMW 525xi.

I can pair no problem but I cannot keep a solid stable connection on outbound calls. It works for a minute or two and then the bluetooth link drops and I can only hear the caller from my Treo700. Any thoughts on how to fix this.

It used to work great with my Blackberry 7250 and the same car.
    I have an Acura TL and everything works fine with my Treo650 as far as making and recei ving calls go. My only complaint is that when my phone and car reconnect to each other, the phone unlocks itself. So if the phone is in my pocket, I often get end up with a new contact due to random key presses.

The same thing happens when I finish the call. The phone becomes unlocked.

This typically isn't a problem since I tend to take the phone out of my pocket when I get in my car, but it is a little annoying when I forget.

The phone does re-lock itself after 3-5 seconds.

Jeff

edit: (Cingular Orange with latested firmware and software)
    I upgraded my Cingular 650 to firmware version 1.17, and now can successfully link up with my 2004 Land Cruiser fairly easily. I wasn't able to get the link working with firmware 1.15.
    I did a Hard-reset before updating my unlocked GSM Treo 650 to 1.20ENA firmware.

I tried to re-pair it with my 2005 Acura TL and the pairing fails at the end of the process.

Has anyone had luck with 1.20ENA and and Acura TL?
    I emailed Palm about my problem with pairing with my Acura and they responded with instructions that were slightly different from what I was doing. I followed their instructions and voila! The pairing worked!
    Would you share the directions you receive, please?
    Quote Originally Posted by jcarey
    Would you share the directions you receive, please?
    here yu go...
    Quote Originally Posted by DHAnderson
    I had been using the Hands-Free Setup button to pair when I was encountering the problems.

Palm responded with this slightly different method (Note: I did not re-apply the Car Kit update as I was now using 1.20ENA and I thought the Car Kit update was for 1.13ROW):

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Glad to hear from you, Dave! I understand that after updating your Treo™650 to 1.20, you can no longer pair it to your 2005 Acura TL. To resolve this issue, I would suggest that you re-apply the Car Kit Upgrade but if this wont work, please try the troubleshooting steps found below:

1. On your Treo, tap on PREFS.
    2. Under Communication, tap on Bluetooth®.
    3. Tap on Setup Devices.
    4. Tap on Trusted Devices.
    5. Select or highlight the name of your Acura from the list.
    6. Tap on Details.
    7. Tap on Delete Device.
    8. Tap on OK then Done twice.
    9. Turn on your Bluetooth.
    10. Make sure your Treo is set to Discoverable.
    11. Tap on Setup Devices.
    12. Tap on Trusted Devices.
    13. Tap on Add Device.
    14. Beside Show, please choose Nearby devices.

Your Treo will now look for your Acura TL.

15. Tap on your Acura TL.
    16. Tap on OK.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I hope this helps!

- Dave

650 GSM Unlocked
    Cingular
    Picking up a new Infiniti M35 this week. I have Treo 600 and need to get a phone with Bluetooth. Infiniti does not show 650 on its approved list. Should I get it anyway and workaround the connectivity issues or get a different phone? I really like the 600 and Palm OS, so really would prefer to stick with Treo. Will the 700 offer any improvements as far as the Bluetooth (such that I should wait) or should I get the 650? I am concerned because I only have 9 years of postgrad education so I'm not sure I can figure out any problems that might arise! Thanks for any advice.
    After the upgrade to 1.71 / 1.20 ENA, pairing with my 2004 Acura TL works fine.. I now have the signal strength and Roaming indicators in my MID... No Battery indoicator...

650 GSM Unlocked
    Cingular
    Quote Originally Posted by nutria1828
    Picking up a new Infiniti M35 this week. I have Treo 600 and need to get a phone with Bluetooth. Infiniti does not show 650 on its approved list. Should I get it anyway and workaround the connectivity issues or get a different phone? I really like the 600 and Palm OS, so really would prefer to stick with Treo. Will the 700 offer any improvements as far as the Bluetooth (such that I should wait) or should I get the 650? I am concerned because I only have 9 years of postgrad education so I'm not sure I can figure out any problems that might arise! Thanks for any advice.
    My Sprint T650 works perfectly with my M35 - there are no connectivity issues. I just get in the car and the bluetooth link open up. A signal strength indicator on the upper right corner of the display tells me that the connection is active. I've had my M35 since late December and am really enjoying the ride.

By the way, I was able to figure all of this out with only 1.5 years of postgrad education so you should be just fine...

Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by pokada
    My Sprint T650 works perfectly with my M35 - there are no connectivity issues. I just get in the car and the bluetooth link open up. A signal strength indicator on the upper right corner of the display tells me that the connection is active. I've had my M35 since late December and am really enjoying the ride.

By the way, I was able to figure all of this out with only 1.5 years of postgrad education so you should be just fine...

Paul
    Thanks for the info. I am with Cingular, but wouldn't mind changing, if that were necessary. When I researched this issue a couple months back, I seem to remember people having problems with Cingular 650's and the Infiniti, but now I can't find the thread/site. Frankly, all the carriers suck in New Orleans right now so it may not matter!

Milt
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to attempt every call twice, which can't be correct. This leaves me with 3 possible sources of the error: Acura RL, Treo 650, or the pilot.

When attempting to make a call from the car, I press the phone button on the steering wheel and say " Dial XXX-XXX-XXXX". The RL responds with "Dial XXX-XXX-XXXX. Say Call, Dial or Continue to add numbers." I say "Dial" or "Call". When I do this, the RL responds "Dialing" or "Calling" based upon which I said. Then, on the Treo, the Bluetooth symbol located next to the signal strength indicator changes to a blue headset.

The call doesn't go through, I hear silence until it times out. I can hit the cancel/end button on the steering wheel and repeat these steps and the call will go through. Only difference here is: the Treo doesn't change back from the blue headset to the Bluetooth symbol. It stays as a blue headset and the call starts through the RL.

Any help or suggestions woudl be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcarey
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to attempt every call twice, which can't be correct. This leaves me with 3 possible sources of the error: Acura RL, Treo 650, or the pilot.

When attempting to make a call from the car, I press the phone button on the steering wheel and say " Dial XXX-XXX-XXXX". The RL responds with "Dial XXX-XXX-XXXX. Say Call, Dial or Continue to add numbers." I say "Dial" or "Call". When I do this, the RL responds "Dialing" or "Calling" based upon which I said. Then, on the Treo, the Bluetooth symbol located next to the signal strength indicator changes to a blue headset.

The call doesn't go through, I hear silence until it times out. I can hit the cancel/end button on the steering wheel and repeat these steps and the call will go through. Only difference here is: the Treo doesn't change back from the blue headset to the Bluetooth symbol. It stays as a blue headset and the call starts through the RL.

Any help or suggestions woudl be greatly appreciated.

I had the same exact problem develop on my '05 MDX. It worked perfectly for a number of months. Then I had the call twice problem until I had to hard reset for a different reason. Now the problem is gone. So, the obvious conclusion in my case is that some 3rd party software was the culprit. I'm pretty sure it was Stopdim that caused the problem.
    Utilizing Horatio's suggestion for what fixed the problem for him, I did a hard reset and loaded non-standard programs one at a time. All is as it should be.

The culprit is either ZLauncher or Ringo.

Thanks for the suggestion!
    The culprit in my case was Ringo. After a hard reset I reinstalled Zlauncher and the Handsfree Link worked fine. I reinstalled Ringo and the problem came back. Luckily, Uninstall Manager got rid of all the Ringo files and Handsfree is working perfectly again. I'm sorry I blamed Stopdim for the trouble.

Does anyone know of a ringtone manager that won't break Handsfree? Thanks.
    What phone were you using with Ringo? I am using it also with the Sprint 650 and version 1.12a If I uninstall ringo it should work? Damn... that means I also need a new Ring Manager!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene3x
    What phone were you using with Ringo? I am using it also with the Sprint 650 and version 1.12a If I uninstall ringo it should work? Damn... that means I also need a new Ring Manager!
    Cingular 1.51/1.17

I hear you about finding a new ring manager - Ringo was expensive!
    Damn! Anyone else with Sprint and a Landcruiser? I have an 04 Landcruiser. Does the year of the vehicle or software from that year make a difference? My phone says it is connected as does the car, but I cannot receive or make any calls. It looks as though the phone picks up but nothing can be heard. When I try to adjust the volume or any of the controls nothing happens. Anyone have a suggestion?
    I have read this whole post and still cannot confirm if there is an update that will work with my 04 Landcruiser. Will the 1.13 update do anything over the 1.12a? Anyone?