Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425 LastLast
    Which version of firmware and any special tricks? My RL keeps dropping inbound calls
    Any experience updating to 1.17, both 1.15 and 1.17 causee drops on incoming calls on my '05 RL
    Once you installed rlock what did you lock to fix the problem, please?
    Wanted to report the latest. Johnson Controls, Inc. (JCI), makers of HFL, continue to stay in touch and are trying to get responses from PalmOne and Sprint. Most of what I've heard is that they can't replicate the problems I've had (see previous post) so they can't come up with any ideas on how to fix it. JCI has offered to have me send my phone for 2 days for their engineer to look at-they'll pay shipping both ways and give me a loaner phone-I may do this.

I continue to wonder if the HFL unit in my TL is the problem. Yesterday, I had problems with the HFL buttons not respondind and then when I got them to work (had to restart the car) the system didn't recognize (see) my phone. System was working today. I may take it to the dealer and see if they'll reset or replace it.

Please advise your phone carrier and PalmOne if you're having problems so they get enough critical mass to fix this!

Happy Thanksgiving!
    Kmarx,

Can you give me a contact at Johnson Controls? I'd like to talk to them about an issue I'm having with HFL in my Acura MDX. Thanks.
    I've successfully been using the feature since buying my Acura TL back in August. Paired it with my Treo 650 Cingular. What I noticed is that after doing a hard reset and having to pair it again yesterday, I now get the correct display with the signal bars and roaming indicator. Before I only got the phone and the connection sign, without the bars. No idea why this changed.
    Treo 650 | 01.51| 1.17 - CNG |
    Follow-up: Sometimes the car doesn't recognize the phone immediately, maybe because I also use a Jabra 500 bluetooth headset outside the car. When that happens, I turn bluetooth off and then on again and the car then picks it up.
    Treo 650 | 01.51| 1.17 - CNG |
    Quote Originally Posted by jebworks
    I've successfully been using the feature since buying my Acura TL back in August. Paired it with my Treo 650 Cingular. What I noticed is that after doing a hard reset and having to pair it again yesterday, I now get the correct display with the signal bars and roaming indicator. Before I only got the phone and the connection sign, without the bars. No idea why this changed.
    I recently upgraded my locked Cingular T650 to GSM ROW 1.14/1.51, and I also now get the signal bars in my 05 RL where I did not before. I plan to try the Acuralink function next (the outbound callling feature in the RL).
    Cingular Treo 650 with 1.14/1.51 ROW software/firmware
    modified Piel Frama & Innopocket cases
    modified battery cover (with drilled reset hole)
    1 GB Card o' Software & Stuff
    Camera Disabled (to keep the security guards happy)
    I got my Treo 650 (Sprint) to link up with a 2006 BMW 325i on the first try. I have to say that this is one of the coolest things I have done with technology in the last few years. The BMW and the Treo bluetooth are flawless (I can't say the same for the rest of the Treo's features)...
    Has anybody tried it with a Jaguar XJ?
    I have now successfully paired the 650 with the Jaguar, I am now working on getting the phonebook into the Jaguar. Has anybody been able to get the phone directory copied into their car's Bluetooth system. If so How did you get it done? Thanks
    For those of you who are interested the phone book (500 entries only) is now downloaded into the Jaguar. So, the Treo650 (Cingular with new firmware/software 1.17 CNG) is completely compatible with Jaguar's Bluetooth system.
    for the interested Acura owners ,i have 2005 Acura TL with Navi here , perfect no problems i have a sprint 650 with the 1.12 update, caller id in the guage panel works perfect, you can see the signal bars on the display also , voice activation is perfect
    also for Acura TL owners ,sometimes u try to make a call from the phone the car picks it up automatically then right away drops it..just press the phone button on the steering wheel, and say "Transfer" while the call is on and the call will be picked up by the car again..little problem doesnt happen always
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203
    for the interested Acura owners ,i have 2005 Acura TL with Navi here , perfect no problems i have a sprint 650 with the 1.12 update, caller id in the guage panel works perfect, you can see the signal bars on the display also , voice activation is perfect
    So your phone doesn't reset when dialing using the voice activation? What apps do you have on your treo?
    no it doesnt reset i got the sprint firmware 1.12 and apps i have
    butler
    mp3ringtones ..oh lord alot of other crap , almost too much, u know what i noticed if u have a bluetooth headset, and its on while on the car it causes confusion between the car hfl and the treo. so i suggest turn it on, sometimes i do get resets but only if a call comes thru while im using pocketunes to listen to music thru the car. and thats not ofter.u must have a app conflict. if u really wana know what i have installed ill repost when i have time
    Quote Originally Posted by stulysias
    I'd appreciate any help that anyone can provide in transferring Contacts/Favorites to car.

I upgraded my T600 to T650 last week. I'm trying to get it to work in my Lexus LS430. The new 1.12 update seems to have solved most of the problems that appear to have troubled many in the past, as I had no problem with getting the phone to work over Bluetooth.

The one thing I can't figure out is how to update the car's phone book. I tried using Send Category in my Contacts, which sends the contacts, but not the phone numbers. I end up with the contact name and then bars to the right, like this: |||||||||
    I just finished helping my boss pair his new T650 to his LS430. We ended up sending individual contacts to get around the "|||||" issue. It would only send one phone number for each contact, though. Seems like the address book in the Treo is a bit too sophisticated for the Lexus to handle - the Lexus only wants single line contacts...??

Treo 650, unlocked, firmware 1.13 (the most recent for unlocked phones).
    This may be a stretch but does anyone know whether the 650 works with the new Harman Kardon audio system on new models of Harley Davidsons?

This radio has an module that can be purchased to allow bluetooth connections so you can use your phone through the motorcycle's audio system just like the cars listed here.

Anyone have a clue? Don't want to spend the money on the module (more than the phone itself) if it isn't going to work with the 650.

Thx

Chappy
    I have a new 05 Acura RL with an unbranded GSM Treo 650 with update 1.13. i have paired successfully. I also occaisionally use a Plantronics BT headset.

My phone works fine on incoming calls, rings through each time.

However, outbound calls take 2 attempts each time. First never goes through. Second always goes through.

i also only get the antenna, no signal or battery strength. I do get caller id.

And, how do I update the cars address book?

Thanks, in advance.
    My Sprint Treo 650 with v1.12 firmware works flawlessly with my new Infiniti M35. Bluetooth pairing was painless. It "syncs" up whenever I start the car. Incoming calls work fine. The voice volume is great in both directions. I was able to send contacts one at a time over to the car via Bluetooth. The handoff between my Treo and the car's speakerphone works perfectly. I'm really quite pleased.

On another topic, I have a 6 CD changer with MP3/WMA playback capability. Since I can burn about 13 albums onto a single disc, I have the potential of having 78 albums available at the push of a button. I definitely don't need to run Pockettunes and my old 2-in-1 wired headset in the car anymore. So, even though I leave Bluetooth on all day, my reduced use of Pockettunes ensures that I have more than enough battery power to make it through the day.

Everyone should have a bluetooth-enabled speaker phone in their car.

Paul