Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I hope someone gets it working in the TL soon. I was planing to order one this week to replace my HP iPAQ 2215 and Sanyo 5300, but I won't be buying one until there is an Acura success story...
    Hmm.. If this means that the problem is with the Acura and the Prius themselves and not the phone, there's a snowballs chance in hell that the auto manufacturers are going to fix this, which means, I may have to find another phone@!$@#
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I would think the Prius would work if the Rx330 works...
    yes, that's true....... lexus people, can you describe the steps you went through to set this up?
    -----------------------------
    Treo 650 rocks!

Get a FREE iPod Photo! Use the URL below:

Free iPod! Click Here!
    *Bump* - Can anyone who got their T650 working with an automobile GPS system please post the exact method used to pair the devices?
    I gfot it working in the TL for a few.. no signal stregnth or battery indicator but I got to answer a call .. Couldnt make one yet.. Will play more tomorrow
    can't get my 650 properly to owrk with uconnect. the phone pairs but when you try and intiated a command on uconnect it says phone not available. also not battery or signal indicator. from the manual it sayd uconnect work with any phone with handsfree profile 0.96 or above. looks like another disaster to deal with besides Sprint.

I just got my Treo 650. Unless I am doing something totally wrong, the phone is not compatible with the 2004 Acura TL. Well, I can't believe this G-D phone doesn't work with the TL. I assumed that since it has the "hand-free" profile, it would work. (My previous Sony Ericsson p900 didn't work cuz it only had the "headset" profile...")

I'm still in denial and hoping that there will be something that can be done...

For those that own a TL, here's a link at acura-tl discussing this topic. I too am a TL owner and am very dissapointed in this news. So far, i've gotten the following phones to work with my HFL system: moto v600, moto mpx220, blackerry 7100T. I was really looking forward to the release of the 650 since it was promised to be compatible with car kits. Needless to say I am extremely dissapointed over this. Hopefully the release of the GSM model will address this issue.

http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101692
    I've heard some say they hope the GSM model will solve this problem. Is this really something that is realistic? I would assume the bluetooth radio/hardware would be the same in either phone...
    Another TL owner that was able to get the phone paired and make a call. However, after turning off the car the whole process was lost.

Very frustrated and angry too.
    TreoSaurus
    Toyota Prius owners, see this thread for more information. Seems Sprint has commented on the issue and claims it will be resolved! Now, the question begging to be answered is... when?!
    Quote Originally Posted by adamtraidman
    Toyota Prius owners, see this thread for more information. Seems Sprint has commented on the issue and claims it will be resolved! Now, the question begging to be answered is... when?!
    I hope that means they will be able to resolve it for Acuras, as well!
    I was going to create a new thread for Acura owners so we can keep track of any potential progress being made on our situation, but I am afraid I'll be flamed by the "stop making redundant threads" police.

I've heard a few idle comments about how maybe the issue will be resolved with the GSM phone. Is there really any reason to think this?

Has anyone heard anything from the above referenced owner who got the T650 to work once?

(I can get them to pair perfectly, but then the car says "no phone detected")
    I have gotten the 650 to SORTA work with Uconnect (DamilerChrysler)

THe phone pairs but no signal or battery meters. Also, if you driving and watch the display in EVIC (multi function display in gauges), the phone will regularly disconnect nad reconnect to the system. I can make outgoing calls but there is a high pitch noise while the call connects.

I hope to try out receiving calls tomorrow once my service is ported over. I hope the disconnect/reconnect cycle doesn't effect being able to recieve calls. I also have the suspicion that I will not have Caller ID through the system.

Chrysler, Sprint, Palmone, etc. are you listening to us?
    To all frustrated Bluetooth users --> I'd recommend you dial *2 on your phone, contact Sprint tech support, and report this issue with your vehicle. The more complaints they get, the faster they will resolve the problem. Take a few minutes and report it for yourself. Everyone will benefit!
    Dont worry guys. Im sure this can all be fixed with a simple software upgrade or a hardware flash. The technology is there, it just doesnt know how to use it yet. Give it a couple weeks or even months. Palm will catch up........hopefully.
    Quote Originally Posted by EggrollXpress61
    Dont worry guys. Im sure this can all be fixed with a simple software upgrade or a hardware flash. The technology is there, it just doesnt know how to use it yet. Give it a couple weeks or even months. Palm will catch up........hopefully.
    Gosh I hope so. I'm very depressed about this.

I could live with the memory issue and lack of WiFi but the non-functioning BT HFL would force me to return this unit and look to other alternatives.

My suggestion would be to find out who is reponsible for this problem (Palm, Sprint or Acura) and lets get a phone campaign going to get these guys to fix it. Both the TL and Treo are hot items so the pressure could work.
    TreoSaurus
    Anyone know if Treo 650 is compatible with the BMW bluetooth system??
    Well this is a huge disappointment. I currently have a 600 and a Sony Ericsson T608(exclusively for use in my Acura TL w/BT)

I was rationalizing/justifying the BT on the 650 as the justification for buying it. I already put my SonyEricsson T608 up for sale, and was looking forward to disconnecting that Sprint line and saving $300/yr ($25/mo for an extra Sprint line on my existing account).

We need a coordinated approach here. We need to figure out who to contact @ Sprint and Palm, then post that here, so we all get in touch and express our extreme displeasure. It was almost a bait and switch to show the Audi and Treo 650 working @ CTIA, when it appears that the phone is not compatible with the other BT enabled cars out there. It's not like there's a long list of car manfacturers that offer BT:
    Chrysler/Diamler
    Acura
    BMW/MINI
    Toyota/Lexus

That they couldn't have tested this functionality. Ultimately, I hope this is a software fix that Palm can do, cause there's NO WAY that the auto Mfg. will step up and try to fix it.

Just a thought.....
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast