Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I had to repair my phone with my TL completely after I upgraded to 1.12.
    slwatts - thanks. That's exacty what I was doing, re-pairing the TL and TREO. I go thru the normal process, when TL prompts me to name my phone, I press the button on my sterring wheel, say a name, wait a second or to and I hear the TL system beep and go back to the main HFL menu without storing my phone.

I'll keep trying.
    I have an 06 Infiniti M35 and a new treo 650 on verizon. Do these updates work with the Verizon phone? My phone will pair but I cant use my cars voice dial because BT disconnects between calls. (I have to call from the phone then it connects) Any help would be greatly appricated!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by robotron
    Acura 05 MDX, SPrint 650, latest firmware - first call always drops
    Car and phone find each other no problem but I find that the first call I make from the Treo always rings once then the BT fails and it goes to just the handset - call still works but no longer via HFL. I hang up, redial and al is well.

Others? SOlution?
    Same phone, same car, same problem. Also, is there a way to transfer the call from Treo to HFL on the Treo. The only way is using HFL but that only works sometimes. I have a LG 325 and it allows me to transfer by pressing "transfer call". I thinking the Treo 650 does not have that function.
    The new updater at http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...er/sprint.html really got me into troouble. I'd wanted to connect the 650 to my Prius since the latter was new in mid 2004. The 1.12 purports to be compatible with the Prius. I downloaded it and after a few days of better performance from the Treo in everyday tasks, faster reaction to buttons, I was ready to try to do Bluetooth with the Prius. I got some results and actually dialed a number from the Prius, so I decided to download the Treo address book to the Prius. The phone went nuts. The battery indicator went to panic level, it said "plug me in to power", and when I did that it started to loop. After several soft resets and a haard reset, it kept looping every time I turned on the treo phone. I called Sprint, and after the normal interminable waiting periods, got talked through another hard reset with a different procedure. The rep said 1.12 was giving lots of trouble, long story short, I got a new phone under warrantee. The load on the phone is 1.08, it is slower, but no way am I going to download 1.12 until I have confidence it is fixed.
    I'd appreciate any help that anyone can provide in transferring Contacts/Favorites to car.

I upgraded my T600 to T650 last week. I'm trying to get it to work in my Lexus LS430. The new 1.12 update seems to have solved most of the problems that appear to have troubled many in the past, as I had no problem with getting the phone to work over Bluetooth.

The one thing I can't figure out is how to update the car's phone book. I tried using Send Category in my Contacts, which sends the contacts, but not the phone numbers. I end up with the contact name and then bars to the right, like this: |||||||||

I read in one of the forums that someone was able to get around this by sending the Favorites, however they did not explain how they did it, and I can't figure it out for the life of me. That would work fine for me, as those are the people that I'm usually calling anyway.

Does anyone have any solution, either way?

Thanks a million!

Stu
    Recently Verizon replaced my poor old Kyocera 7135 with a Treo 650. Awww.

There is no patch for the Verizon Treo 650 as there is for those from Sprint and Cingular. That is part of the reason it took so long for Verizon to offer the Treo 650 (and they are finally out of Treo 600s, which do not have Bluetooth).

My Prius is one of the last of the 2004 model year. It has Navigation & Bluetooth built-in. I followed basic instructions on priuschat.com and the Treo 650 paired with the Prius with no problems. There is no car kit to install for the Prius. Think on the Treo of finding the Hands Free, which is the Prius module you want to connect to. Up to four different Bluetooth phones can connect with the Prius. It can remember the four, and only pairs with one at a time.

I placed a call easily and with a little fishing around learned to take incoming calls using the answer/hang up button on the steering wheel. I haven't tried to use the on-screen dialing in the car, nor to call a restaurant listed on the Nav system.

Now the Prius can only receive one phone number from the Treo at a time. And if you have several phone numbers for one person, only one will go to the Prius.

To answer the question immediately above, make sure there is only one phone number per person in your phone book (this works for the Prius, anyway). ALSO remove all hyphens and parentheses - these caused the |||||||||||| you described above. The Treo may need to enter the phone number as International or Other to allow for formatting with only numerals. I had some success beaming one phone number and it went to the Prius phone book. No other way to add to the phone book.

Hope this helps.
    Why can't you be a nonconformist like everybody else?
    Quote Originally Posted by slwatts
    I have the exact identical issue in my 04 TL. So now I just dial voicemail as soon as I get in the car because I KNOW my first call out will drop. Very annoying.

Also, I have only on occasion been able to "transfer" the call from handset to bluetooth. Car always says phone is in use.
    I also have the problem with 1st call being dropped. Phone pairs perfectly everytime (Verizon Treo 650 + 2004 TL) but the 1st call seems to want to get picked up but never gets picked up by the car - so, like everyone else I have to call VM each time I get in the car. Also, if I try to have the car dial the phone for me as the first call, the Treo resets itself. Annoying!
    Verizon Treo 650 and 2006 Audi A8L!!!!
    I spent most of the day on the phone with Palm and Verizon. My Treo connects well to the Audi A8L and all the features work well right up until the Palm crashes and reboots itself over and over again. By pressing #*#377 you can read the error which says the following application caused a fatal exception: Handsfree:

I have zero reset that thing and everything else and it is obviously a problem with Verizons bluetooth protocol. I borrowed a friends phone that is also verizon treo 650 and it did the same thing. Then I borrowed a Cingular treo 650 and it worked okay. It did not have the car update installed so it treated the bluetooth like a headset but it did not crash.

If anyone has any ideas on this one let me know. Verizon is sending a new phone but I have not much hope. I may be switching to Cingular.
    I have the TL and it required the CAR KIT to pair with the Treo. BUT, after several months of good functioning, the handsfree will pick up incoming calls but puts them in a purgatory-like hold where you cannot hear them. Outgoing calls are still no problem. I investigated and found that as of last month this was a "known problem" that they had not yet addressed. So, it works, but it's flawed.
    I have a 2005 BMW M3 and an unlocked GSM Treo 650 with the 01.23 firmware. It still goes into an endless reset loop once the Bluetooth connection occurs. I've tried removing the extra digits on the favorites to no avail.

Hoping the next firmware release covers BMW and unlocked phones - would seem like a large group of us.
    my X5 2005 WORK with my treo unlocked GSM 1.13-ROW
    i have a 2004 TL and cingular treo 650. it has been an endless battle between HFL and the treo but i found a thread about a program called Rlock. here's the link to the thread http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=91243 that discusses it. ever since i installed it, my treo and HFL have been cooperating
    What seems to be the most reliable hands free system?
    IS there a reliable handsfree system?
    Buying a car this week, and I dont want to shell out the extra cash if these "solutions" dont work.

best,
    S
    Quote Originally Posted by SKMusicServices
    What seems to be the most reliable hands free system?
    IS there a reliable handsfree system?
    Buying a car this week, and I dont want to shell out the extra cash if these "solutions" dont work.

best,
    S
    if you have narrowed down your car selection, i'd suggest "trolling" around car forums. i have an acura TL and i'm a member of Acurazine.com. they have a good section about bluetooth and HFL. acura.com has a good list of phones but the list compiled on the forum are made by actual owners.

i've had the best experience with the cheapest and crappiest bluetooth phone i ever used. siemens s56. this phone paired with my car the best. also gave me the signal and battery display on my console. this phone cost me -$20.

i also had an unlocked nokia 6260, it was decent while using it with the car but it disconnects sometimes and no signal or battery display. phone cost me $400.

finally, treo 650. i had to wait for 2 patches for this sucker. after the 2nd one it finally works but it still disconnects sometimes. also, people who i've talked to said the sound quality is not as good as my other phone

also tried my gf's moto Razr. it displays signal strength but no battery. sound quality is good too.

so you see, different phone models, same car, different outcomes.

visit car forum sites and the manufacture sites should have phone compatibility list as well. also, if you already have a bluetooth phone, have them pair it during the test drive and see how you like it.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by w1n78
    i have a 2004 TL and cingular treo 650. it has been an endless battle between HFL and the treo but i found a thread about a program called Rlock. here's the link to the thread http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=91243 that discusses it. ever since i installed it, my treo and HFL have been cooperating
    What did you lock that made HFL and your Treo work so well?
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dafried
    slwatts - thanks. That's exacty what I was doing, re-pairing the TL and TREO. I go thru the normal process, when TL prompts me to name my phone, I press the button on my sterring wheel, say a name, wait a second or to and I hear the TL system beep and go back to the main HFL menu without storing my phone.

I'll keep trying.
    Did you ever get this resolved? I have the same issue and it's very frustrating.
    I have also gotten the following- lets say I give my phone the name "Sprint Treo" and the process ends like I mentioned before. I try to to pair again and say "Sprint Treo" again. The car will say "Sprint Treo sounds a lot like Sprint Treo. Please choose a longer name or different name." Anyone know why I get this message if there aren't any phones paired?
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I installed the latest ROW updater direct from Palm (no mods), but it did NOT flash my Bluetooth up to the version with the Car Kit Updater - size is still 243K instead of the 546K that Palm says it should be.

Does anyone have any tips on how to get the latest Bluetooth Car Kit Updater to "take" on an upgrade install?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Jasper2k; 09/07/2005 at 10:50 PM.
    Got my new 06 Range Rover Sport to function properly with my Treo 650 from Sprint with version 1.12...
    I have set up my Cingular TREO 650 with my Acura TL, and it is awesome. The reception in the car is clear, and folks who receive my calls cannot believe its thru the car.