Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
    I've been following and experiencing the dicussion first hand. Bought 650 shortly after getting 05 TL, and ran into the aforementioned issues. Then sampled other phones, Moto and LG, and the system worked to perfection in my TL. Saw that a patch for the 650 had been posted, and quickly traded in all phones for the 650. Installed the patch, and set out to pair the phone with the TL and the Hands Free Link system (HFL). I get all the way through the process, the HFL sees the 650 and the 650 sees the HFL, they pair, then the HFL asks me to name this new device. I reply with a name, but that name is never acknowledged by the HFL, and the process stops, the stereo comes on, and no phone is paired. But the 650 believes it is paired, and so when I place a call on the 650, the HFL comes on and says that no phone is paired and that I must initiate the pairing through the HFL system.

I have deleted all other phones from the HFL.

Anyone encountered this, or have any ideas?

Thanks.
    Last edited by BenRH; 12/30/2004 at 02:57 PM. Reason: needed to make a change
    Quote Originally Posted by KenB
    Just installed carkit update and still no joy. Can get pairing (apparently) but consistent failure (e.g. car message of check mobile phone) when attempting any actions including making calls or transferring contact list.

Followed carkit directions precisely.

Unhappy - so far the Treo bluetooth facility is garbage ... barely useful with Jabra headset (short range and only 80% reliable on making or receiving calls with high static level).

K
    I was stupid enough to call Palm and air some of these grievences, and they had the gall to tell me [in not so many words] that it's a new product and I shouldn't expect everything to work properly.

"Most heavily tested Treo ever."

Ha.

-jd
    Quote Originally Posted by doogles
    I was stupid enough to call Palm and air some of these grievences, and they had the gall to tell me [in not so many words] that it's a new product and I shouldn't expect everything to work properly.

"Most heavily tested Treo ever."

Ha.

-jd
    Holy $%#@! You should've have asked for the customer service rep's manager at that point! This lends itself heavily to the point that we're Palm's alpha testers!
    Ok I tried to pair the Acura 04 TL with the 650....

It Paired... No Signal Stregnth but all functions work great...

THEN when I left the cvar and came back, the car did NOT immediately find the Treo again.. I had to say NEXT PHONE and turn bluetooth on and off for awhile until it recognized it, and brought up the phone icon.

With my Sony T608 this was never the case'' Bluetooth on that phone was always set at "on" and when the car was turned on, it would just come up with the icon and be good to go.

Anyone else have this issue with the Acura, and is there any solution.. I dont want to putz with this every time I get in the car.....

Has anyone NOT had this happenin and it works perfect? If so what settings is everything on.. I tried wakeup allow.. even discover yes (like that would help!) and no dice...

Mike
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by burlinb
    I have a 2004 LS430, so I probably have the same handsfree system as your GX470. Now that I've installed the carkit update, most functions work properly. I can make calls, receive calls and the pairing between the devices persists between car on/off cycles. One thing I found that still doesn't work properly is the initial pairing of the devices, and maybe this is where you're having dificulties. Here is what I found that works:
    Initiate the pairing from the car, which will send the security code
    Respond with the security code from the Treo - it will show successful pairing, but the car won't.
    Don't hit cancel on the car at this point, but instead originate a call from the Treo. In my case, the car picks up the call, and apparently completes the pairing in the process, because from that point on, the phone appears in the list of devices, and pairing occurs automatically when I turn on the ignition (as long as Allow Wakeup is enabled on the Treo.

Signal strength doesn't appear to work, but I can load my contact list without problems.

Hope this helps.
    Ok, I've followed everyone's instructions and got the phone to pair with the Lexus 430, but and I can call out. But when it is time to receive a call, I can only get it to receive on the Treo-not go through the HF. This debacle is almost enough to make me re-think my opinion of Microsoft.

Can anyone help?
    Car: 2005 Chrysler Sebring w/UConnect
    Phone: Sprint Treo650

Prior to download: Almost 100% of calls initiated on the Treo650 would connect with UConnect and UConnect would take over the call for handsfree use. However, the reverse was not the same experience. If I tried to initiate a call via UConnect, it would almost never connect with the Treo650. Occasionally it would, but those times were very far apart.

This afternoon I downloaded the car kit upgrade - which is suppose to now support UConnect, as one of many others it is now to support. I followed the instructions just as listed on the Palm site. I did that while at work (download the prc and install to my Treo650).

This evening, when I got to my car, I had to try it out right away. First, I tried a call initiated by my Treo650. The UConnect immediately took over and was operating handsfree. Then I tried a call initiaed through UConnect. The first response I got to the "Dial" command was "Phone not available." Ugh, it didn't work, or so I thought. A couple of seconds after the "Phone not available" reply, the green LED on UConnect (the light that will be green if there is a bluetooth connection with the phone) turned on. I've seen it turn on before in my "prior to download" experience. However, this time, it stayed on. Prior to the download, I couldn't keep that green LED light lit for more than about 20 seconds. Now, it was staying lit. Do I spoke the "Dial" command again - it worked! The green LED stayed lit the entire drive home - about 20 minutes. Then I went to the grocery store. When I started the car, the green LED stayed lit - and would still accept the dial command. When I left the grocery store, it stayed lit! Yahoo!! I think it is working 100% now!!! Furthermore, I was able to use the UConnect commands to create, and use, phonebook entries. I couldn't even get through half of the steps for phone book entries in my "prior to download" experience.

After the download, my BlueTooth manager about screen says "v. 1.0 (W)"

It is working for me, and I'm using UConnect. I encourage this for everyone that is affected and who has a system they claim is now supported. Good Luck and happy new year!!
    Has anyone else seen the following behavior? When sending a contact or category from the 650 to me Prius via Bluetooth, the data is CORRUPT. This only occurs when the phone number in the contact has paranthesis around the area code or dashes between the numbers. For instance, if the number is listed at (555) 444-4444, it appears corrupt in the phonebook on the Prius. If I change it within the 650 to 5554444444 then it transfers just fine. The problem is that I sync my 650 to Outlook which AUTOMATICALLY adds the dashes and paranthesis.

So.. the question is.. is this a 650 issue with BT or just the Prius? Has anyone else seen this? Not seen this?

Adam
    Quote Originally Posted by adamt
    Has anyone else seen the following behavior? When sending a contact or category from the 650 to me Prius via Bluetooth, the data is CORRUPT. This only occurs when the phone number in the contact has paranthesis around the area code or dashes between the numbers. For instance, if the number is listed at (555) 444-4444, it appears corrupt in the phonebook on the Prius. If I change it within the 650 to 5554444444 then it transfers just fine. The problem is that I sync my 650 to Outlook which AUTOMATICALLY adds the dashes and paranthesis.

So.. the question is.. is this a 650 issue with BT or just the Prius? Has anyone else seen this? Not seen this?

Adam
    I had exactly the same experience - if there were any non-numeric characters in the phone number, like space, ( and -, the result in the car phone book entry would be ||||||||||. However, I found that I could remove them in Outlook, and it would keep them that way, but add the editing characters when it displays the number.

However, a related problem I've struggled with on my Lexus phone system is that the transfer of the contact list to the car phonebook only accepts the first number for the contact, and only the first 10 characters of the name.

My solution, although extra work, gives me much better results. Since I use Outlook to maintain my normal contact list that gets synchronized with the Treo, I use the Palm Desktop contact list to maintain a contact list specifically for the car. In the Palm contact list, I keep shortened entries with all numeric phone numbers, and I create multiple entries, like Bob(H), Bob(M), etc. for contacts that have more than one phone number. When I need to update the phone numbers in the car, I export the Palm contact list using the "Export vCard" function, transfer the resulting file to the Treo, then use FileZ or ZLauncher to transfer via Bluetooth to the car.
    Quote Originally Posted by kimnish
    Ok, I've followed everyone's instructions and got the phone to pair with the Lexus 430, but and I can call out. But when it is time to receive a call, I can only get it to receive on the Treo-not go through the HF. This debacle is almost enough to make me re-think my opinion of Microsoft.

Can anyone help?
    I know you said you had followed all instructions, but the symptoms you describe sound like the "Allow Wakeup" is not enabled on the Treo. Just a thought..
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I know you said you had followed all instructions, but the symptoms you describe sound like the "Allow Wakeup" is not enabled on the Treo. Just a thought..
    Thanks for your thought. Yes, I had enabled wake-up and the phone was actually still on. I had just initiated a call, and had my DH call me back. <sigh>
    Quote Originally Posted by kimnish
    Thanks for your thought. Yes, I had enabled wake-up and the phone was actually still on. I had just initiated a call, and had my DH call me back. <sigh>
    One other possibility occurred to me: In the Preferences/Communications/Handsfree, there is a setting for Autoanswer (Immediately, 1 ring, 2 rings, disabled). The wrong setting cou;d result in this behavior.
    I have the updated bluetooth kit installed, and it pairs up using the phonecall method described above and now recognizes everytime. The only problem is the sound quality is terrible to the point of difficult to understand, and I hope there will be a patch for BMW bluetooth kits.
    I deleted my old phone and redid eberythign and now the phone seems to work great with the Acura TL

It finds the phone when I get into the car...

No signal or battery meter but besides that, everything else is great.
    One other possibility occurred to me: In the Preferences/Communications/Handsfree, there is a setting for Autoanswer (Immediately, 1 ring, 2 rings, disabled). The wrong setting cou;d result in this behavior.
    What is the correct setting for this option?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pcmarin
    What is the correct setting for this option?
    Thanks
    I have mine set to Immediately, though any except Disabled should work.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeRadio
    I deleted my old phone and redid eberythign and now the phone seems to work great with the Acura TL

It finds the phone when I get into the car...

No signal or battery meter but besides that, everything else is great.
    Can the HFL find the phone even when the 650 is in sleep mode? Or do you have to wake the phone with the green button?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I have been successfully using the 650 now with my LS430, however I have encountered a problem with incoming calls. If I am on the phone using the HFL and a call comes in, the 650 drops the connection immediately. Has anyone else had this happen, and if so, any suggestions? Thanks.
    I have the TL and the Treo 650. I downloaded the Hands Free Profile software from the palmOne web site (http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...ate/index.html) , installed it on the Treo and it paired just fine. It works pretty well in the car but it doesn't show the signal strength bars as far as I can tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by 61121cd
    I have been successfully using the 650 now with my LS430, however I have encountered a problem with incoming calls. If I am on the phone using the HFL and a call comes in, the 650 drops the connection immediately. Has anyone else had this happen, and if so, any suggestions? Thanks.
    I tested my setup (Treo 650/LS 430) and got the same results as you. That is, the call in progress drops immediately, and the incoming call is answered.