Incompatible Device
    The updater is not compatible with this device

Thanks!

Same here!
    Quote Originally Posted by aappel
    I got the following message when I tried to update:
    Incompatible Device

but my Bluetooth Manager version matches the one above (with the (W)). Did anyone else have this error?

Thanks!
    Any chance you installed one of Shadowmite's patches before you installed the Carkitinstaller.prc? I'm wondering if this might have something to do with it. I think I'll go back to the original and see if it installs then.
    Adamt,
    I didn't re-pair the connection. I used my previous connection down via the method you described below before the update.

I can make, receive calls, from both my nav screen and phone with no problems. The signal strength on the nav shows "D" but otherwise it appears to work perfectly.

Has this been your experience?

Quote Originally Posted by adamt
    Ok, folks, I've installed the P1 Bluetooth update. Here's the status for TOYOTA PRIUS owners.

Bottom line, the update still doesn't fix all the issues with the Prius's hands free system, but it is slightly better. The car will still _not_ correctly locate the phone during pairing. However, you CAN get it to pair using the same trick which worked before the update, which is to go through the pairing process on the car... then start the process on the phone when prompted by the Prius. When the phone finds the car, which it always has even before the update, the car will just sit as though nothing happened. Instead of hitting cancel on the car, just dial a number from your phone, and the car will pair.

Now, the good news is, that after the update, I can now make more than one call from the Treo. Previously before the update, you could make one call from the Treo immediatly after the car was started, and it'd go through the hands free, but any other calls would simply stay on your phone. Now, multiple outgoing calls are recognized.

The signal strength meter still _doesn't_ work. But, the other piece of good news, I can now receive calls and have them routed to the hands free system, multiple calls in fact.

So, bottom line, things are still not working correctly, and the average user likely won't be able to figure anything out, but at least it works partially, and slightly better than before.

Now, a question for ALL OF YOU... Anyone know how to make the 650 send the entire phone book via BT instead of just one contact at a time?

Adam
    -----------------------------
    Treo 650 rocks!

Get a FREE iPod Photo! Use the URL below:

Free iPod! Click Here!
    Quote Originally Posted by pshady
    I can make, receive calls, from both my nav screen and phone with no problems.
    I am curious what phone numbers from the Nav screen you can call from? How do you do this? If I look up a restaurant info on the Nav, the ones I've seen don't have any indication as to how to call the listed phone number.
    If you look up a restaurant, you can call it from the info screen (virtual button on the bottom of the screen, I believe). I can also make calls from my one-touch dial, and dialpad on the nav screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Argelius
    I am curious what phone numbers from the Nav screen you can call from? How do you do this? If I look up a restaurant info on the Nav, the ones I've seen don't have any indication as to how to call the listed phone number.
    -----------------------------
    Treo 650 rocks!

Get a FREE iPod Photo! Use the URL below:

Free iPod! Click Here!
    I would like to hear from any other UConnect users to see if their experience was the same as mine after the BT fix. I have no signal,battery meter on screen, sometimes phone is not connected and when it is I hear a modem like sound from the speakers when dialing out using UConnect.

Thanks.
    what about BMW?
    well it does not work with my bmw and now I am 350kb down... is there a way to reverse this trash off my limited memory to begin with? H E L P
    I got the following message when I tried to update:
    Incompatible Device

but my Bluetooth Manager version matches the one above (with the (W)). Did anyone else have this error?

Thanks!
    Aappel:

Just got off the phone with Sprint, and techsupport says it's a conflict with a previous version of Palm software. If you have Treo600 or some other PDA software, you might try deleting it and reinstalling the 650 package.
    I have a BMW 545i with Nav and the update allowed my Treo to connect to the car. I can send and receive calls, but the phone book does not transfer and the numbers do not appear. So when I receive a call, it comes up "Unknown number."
    Jazzi...that must be it. I'll hard reset and try it.
    Jazzi...that must be it. I'll hard reset and try it.
    well......I did a hard reset, created a new profile with a new user name and hotsynced only my Outlook data, and the carkit installer, and had the same problem.

Did I do it right?
    Andrew
    After extended conversations with P1 and Sprint, I think I'm back to my earlier point. Has anyone who installed one of the patched ROM files been able to get their car kit installer working?
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    This is wonderful news. I guess this has elimaited any reservations about the upgrade now!
    well i have the x3 with the nav and after trying to pair the phone it enters an endless loop of resets.
    so frustrating... can you explain step by step what you are doing ?
    Quote Originally Posted by pshady
    Adamt,
    I didn't re-pair the connection. I used my previous connection down via the method you described below before the update.

I can make, receive calls, from both my nav screen and phone with no problems. The signal strength on the nav shows "D" but otherwise it appears to work perfectly.

Has this been your experience?
    Similar. I spent 10 hours today in my Prius driving across California, here's my summary:

Toyota Prius and T650 (Updated BT Stack)

Not Working
    Initial Prius Pairing Sequence (fails, but there's a workaround)
    Signal Strength Meter
    Phone Call Log (no in/out CallerID or other info showing up at all)
    Phonebook Transfer (Noticed that I can xfer names or a category, but the phone numbers are all corrupt!)

Working
    Can now initiate or receive multiple calls from handset
    Can now initiate or receive multiple calls from Prius

I also noticed that the Treo's battery SUFFERS severely with this "always connected to the vehicle" Bluetooth mode. My battery ran down to 10% today just sitting in the car for 10 hours (car on), with only about 30 min talk time. The Bluetooth connection sucks battery like there's no tomorrow. Time to invest in a car charger.

Adam
    I have a Prius, upgraded and was able to pair (using the hack described above). However, I cannot get the Prius to initiate a call until I have previously initiated a call from the handset. And then, after that, I get one or two calls before the handset no longer acknowledges commands from the Prius.

Am I doing something wrong? I added the update...
    Jazzi,

Hope you saw the other thread...shadow reworked the patch for postROM flashers...and it works.
    The download works great for my '05 Audi A6. Finally...full functionality. Everything works.
    Quote Originally Posted by sleight42
    I have a Prius, upgraded and was able to pair (using the hack described above). However, I cannot get the Prius to initiate a call until I have previously initiated a call from the handset. And then, after that, I get one or two calls before the handset no longer acknowledges commands from the Prius.

Am I doing something wrong? I added the update...
    That's strange... I assume you have a 2004 #9 Prius? Hmm.. did you delete the phone and re-pair after applying the update?

Adam