1.    #1  
    http://www1.vajacases.com/home_en.html

Which one do you guys think is better.

The T65 or the PA32?

Last edited by TreoFever; 11/18/2004 at 09:33 AM.
    I have the HA42 for my 600 and I love it. 2 slots on the flap for sd cards and a credit card size slot on the flap also. Very good quality and the flap protects the screen.
    Personally, I think they're both ugly. And the leather from vaja cases aren't durable at all, so if you're planning on keeping the phone in your pocket, I'd choose something else.

However....if you're set on one of the two, I think the PA32 is the lesser of the two evils
    I have the I-volution T65 on order. Vaja makes quality cases and I haven't ever heard any one discuss quality problems. If there were, they make good! I've used their products before.
    won't the case make the treo 650 bulkier?
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    The case depends on what you want. The T65 is better for holding the phone to your ear. The PA32 is better for screen protection and using a headset. Holding the phone up to your ear with the flap is somewhat awkward, but possible. Personally, the choice really depends on your primary use: phone (t65) or PDA (PA32).

Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    won't the case make the treo 650 bulkier?

you can tell by the pictures....not by much and for me, protecting my $450 investment is worth a bit of bulk

I'm probably going to call P1, to order their case in the interim, until the Vaja arrives. They have a 20 day order note on the cases. I'm hoping it's sooner, but..........
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoM
    Personally, I think they're both ugly. And the leather from vaja cases aren't durable at all, so if you're planning on keeping the phone in your pocket, I'd choose something else.

However....if you're set on one of the two, I think the PA32 is the lesser of the two evils
    What? Are you kidding me? I've got my IPOD in a Vaja case and my Treo 650 will likely be wrapped in a T65. My buddy just got a Vaja case for his Treo 600. Very sweet.

Not durable? I've had my IPOD in a Vaja case for a year now. It looks like new. The Vaja cases are unmatched. Not durable? These cases are about the most durable you can find.

I would vote T65. Protection from drops/scratches without bulk. Expensive, but you get what you pay for.

Just my opinion.
    BTW...the real struggle is clip or no clip on the T65. I like the T65 'cause it doesn't add any more than absolutely necessary to the size of the phone. It's nice to have the sturdy clip, but when its in my pocket (most of the time) the protruding clip is annoying.
    I did a online review for hp 1910 cases back when the hp 1910 just came out...maybe they changes since then, but I got the most expensive case that vaja offered and within 1 week the suede starting to get glossy from the rubbing that occured in my pocket. AND the stitching was coming out. ALL in ONE week. Maybe I got a bad one (stitching) and maybe the suede isn't nearly as durable as the other varieties...but I stand by my opinion. I ended up keeping a covertec version for that handheld.
    Is a $100 case really worth it? I urge everyone to try out the side case from PLMO. It's quite cheap and works really well.
    Quote Originally Posted by VajaCase
    VITELINO:
    The beautiful, cracked-look surface of this leather type is achieved by polishing with extreme pressure by rollers made of agate, steel or glass. Our process for Vaja products generally uses the glass rollers because it allows for the best possible results.
    The Vitelinos, while one of our highest quality and most beautiful finishes, can also be somewhat delicate. As such, we recommend this finish for businessmen and women who understand the nature of this very elegant and comfortable product.
    Alright, I just found a link on the web site....and this is the type of finish I had. Now even on this link it says that the leather is "delicate" which means NOT DURABLE. From some of the other responses, I guess that the other leather is much more durable, but not this type.
  14. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I have both case for my Treo 600 so I guess I should chime in. I would go with the i-Volution.

The i-Volution (T65 for the 650) is a hard case with a stiff inner shell and leather covering. It definelty provides some protection from drops but does not cover the keyboard and screen. I use this one almost exclusively. I like having access to the screen all the time.

The traditional case (PA32 for the 650) is soft with no inner shell and it has a flap covering the keyboard and screen. How durable the case is depends on the leather you choose. I had some issues with this case causing my Treo to answer incoming calls on its own. What was happening is that with the closed cover was pressing on the space bar key (which answers incoming calls). The case has since stretched out a bit and this isn't an issue. This case adds less bulk to the phone than the i-Volution but you do have the flap to deal with when open.

The quality of the both cases is second to none.
    I have the i-volution for my 600 and it was one of the best purchases I made. Not only does it add very little bulk to the 600, but it is very durable and protects your 600 nicely. I dropped my 600 onto the pavement from about 3 feet a couple of days ago, and only the antenna suffered a small nick. The case absorbed the fall, and the leather didn't even get a scratch on it.

$100 is a lot of money for a case but it looks great and works just as well.

I'm sure I already know the answer to this since Vaja rolled out the T65, but is there any chance that the i-volution will fit the 650? I'd hate to eBay my i-volution with the 600 if I didn't have to.
    T65....I ordered one!!
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoM
    Alright, I just found a link on the web site....and this is the type of finish I had. Now even on this link it says that the leather is "delicate" which means NOT DURABLE. From some of the other responses, I guess that the other leather is much more durable, but not this type.
    I must say that I've had a Vaja case for my Tungsten C made of the VITELINO leather for over a year. I use my T|C extensively and it is still beautiful. No cracks, no scratches. It has worn very much like the traditional leather case I bought from Vaja for my Palm IIIxe way back when. I'm sure Vaja is correct that the VITELINO leather is more delicate than the other leathers they sell. But, in my experience, its not so delicate that it would prevent me from purchasing one if I wanted it. And for those who may draw a distinction between how often I use my T|C versus a Treo (since its also a phone), I use my T|C much more than my cell.