1.    #1  
    Treo 600 has been out for 13 months or so.

Sprint upgrade rebate requires you to own exisiting phone for 18 months to qualify for the rebate.

How does any Sprint Treo 600 owner qualify for the upgrade rebate?
    Yes, the rebate leaves virtually all Sprint Treo 600 owners out in the cold. However, some on this board have found that they can get an instant-rebate at time of purchase (i.e., a discount off the purchase price) by buying a new line of service on an existing contract. Others have found that they can get $150 for signing up for a 2-year contract with Sprint, if their contract has expired. YMMV.

Best of success.
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    They offered me $150 off the phone and I got my 600 in May. I declined as I did not want to jack with the whole ordeal, and I do not want to ever sign a 2 year contract again. I will just pay full price from hence forth.
    As it's only $150 to break the contract, why the hell not sign up for two years. Then, if you do happen to stay that long, you can send me $75 bucks.
    My guess is anyone can get the rebate as long as theyve had Sprint for 18 months or more. A few guys from my office bought from Sprint yesterday and we all were told we were eligible for the rebate because weve had Sprint for 18 months +, it didnt matter that we all got rebates on our T600 last year. They made us add 2 years but Sprint will only let a contract go 2+ years from today so we got a $150 rebate for extending the contract for 11 months.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by LateNight
    My guess is anyone can get the rebate as long as theyve had Sprint for 18 months or more. A few guys from my office bought from Sprint yesterday and we all were told we were eligible for the rebate because weve had Sprint for 18 months +, it didnt matter that we all got rebates on our T600 last year. They made us add 2 years but Sprint will only let a contract go 2+ years from today so we got a $150 rebate for extending the contract for 11 months.
    I've had Sprint for more than 2 years, Treo 300 the first year and Treo 600 for the last year. My original one-year contract expired long ago, so I'm on month to month. When I tried to check my eligibility for an upgrade rebate on Sprintpcs.com, it said I wasn't eligible because I haven't had my current phone for 18 months. I didn't even use an upgrade rebate from Sprint last year, as I hadn't been with them for 18 months yet.

So now I've been with Sprint for 2 years plus, am off contract, have never used an upgrade rebate, and their website says I'm not eligible for an updgrade rebate now because I haven't had my current phone for 18 months.

I did get an email from them last night saying that if I signed a new two-year contract, I could get (drum roll....) nights beginning at 8 p.m. WOW. WHAT A DEAL!
    Quote Originally Posted by gusher1
    So now I've been with Sprint for 2 years plus, am off contract, have never used an upgrade rebate, and their website says I'm not eligible for an updgrade rebate now because I haven't had my current phone for 18 months.
    I'm in the same boat, but they said I was eligible, so I'd ask about this. I have no contract and I paid for the Treo 600 in full and thus have never used any rebate or discount from Sprint. They checked the computer and said that I wasn't due for a discount until Feb of 2006, 15 months away. I asked what I did 3 months ago to reset my eligibility and they discovered that I had done nothing and that the initial diagnosis by the computer was wrong. They then said that I was indeed eligible, so I went ahead and made the purchase from Palm to get the BT headset. My fear is that they'll retract that verbal agreement or that the rebate center won't see it the same way. I'd feel much better if it was a service credit, which it should be.

Lastly, no one on these boards mentions that you can $100 if you only want to sign a 1 year deal. That's the option I'm going with. Even though I won't be able to get their upgrade for another 18 months, I'll be able to leave and go to GSM if the Treo 700 comes out and the GSM deals are good.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    I have learned a few things this week about Sprint.
    1. There are no HARD rules. Nothing is set in stone.
    2. The plans are unfair and can easily be changed to a lower rate.
    3. No one knows what the hell they are doing.
    4. If the first person disappoints, call again.