1.    #1  
    Earlier in the day I ordered a 650 from the Sprint sales number on Treo Centrals front page. I ask for some sort of discount since I'm out of contract and willing to sign a contract... no dice. Fine, since I am a pathetic nerd and since you have a Treo 650 in your hands and I am at your mercy, send me one anyway. The sales rep rushed me through it, didn't give me a confirmation number, but gave me a total and said it will be at my door by friday... cool.

So, as soon as I got off the phone with him, my service gets shut off. Not cool.

I call back at appx. 8pm and some lady says that because there is a spending limit on my account (?), I had exceeded it with the $650+ cost of the Treo, because the sharp sales rep posted the cost onto my account rather than charging my card. And since the credit card payment didn't go through yet, I'll have to wait for that to be posted, which may take up to 12 hours, before I have my service restored. After summarizing her stupidity back to her, and her not agreeing that it was as stupid as I thought, I tell her ok then I'll just cancel with Sprint (hard bluff which didn't work). She says "ok" and transfers me.

A guy picks up. "Hi, how will you be making payment today?" I said I don't have a balance. As I'm telling him the story, he hangs up on me.

Second call at 8:30ish pm, same story. My payment hasn't been posted, yada yada, wait 12 hours, yada yada.

Side note: I go online and check my account, $4.95 payment had been posted towards my balance... (???)

Now midnight rolls around and my service is still off, so I figure I'll give it another shot. I dial a number and get routed to the bill payment service, fumble a few keys until it sends me to a rep, and a cool *** kid picks up. He tells me that the initial sales rep charged my card for $4.95 and put the rest on my bill lol

He finally charges my credit card for the full amount, sends me a $150 rebate form for the treo, gives me the rebate number, throws on 120 free minutes for the month for my trouble, and since he was so nice I signed a killer 2 year contract with him: Fair&Flex plan starting at $35 per 300 mins and $5 for every 100 minutes plus, free PCS to PCS, unlimited nights and weekends (9pm), and the professional vision pack with unlimited SMS ($20).

I'll let you all know when I get the Treo

P.S. - He filled me in on a way to get your reps to shape up: ask them for their ACD# as soon as you get on with them, it's the only thing that identifies them since they aren't allowed to give out their last name. Also, calling up past midnight, like I did, puts you on with the night-shift reps who have more time for you and are more laid back and apt to hooking you up.
    Last edited by Nerd; 11/18/2004 at 12:00 AM.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    I dont think that your plan is that hot. Atleast the minutes side of the deal. if you use 700 anytime minutes that is $75, whereas you can get 1100 anytime minutes for $65 a month. Otherwise the rest is good to go.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach
    I dont think that your plan is that hot. Atleast the minutes side of the deal. if you use 700 anytime minutes that is $75, whereas you can get 1100 anytime minutes for $65 a month. Otherwise the rest is good to go.
    I barely use the phone during the day, mostly data only.. the bulk of my usage is at night, so it works for me.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach
    by the way, I'd pay $55 for 700 minutes..