Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I called *2 and went through 30 minutes of circle jurking trying to order a 650. The rep told me then I needed to call 800-480-4727 and went through another 20 minutes of BS and was told because I was an existing customer I had to go through the insurance department in order to get the new 650. Then I started over and got someone who took my order and after he charged my visa he said that hopefully I would get my phone in about 8 business days- this is all after I told him I wanted to pay extra for the overnight shipping. I was then told that there was no overnight shipping option...... so I told the rep to cancel my order and he said that he already charged my card and that he would have to give me a "case #" to "apply" for a credit to my visa account. This is why I am going to switch to Verizon once they get a decent phone. I hate sprint customer service. TOTAL BS. In the mean time I hope everyone gets their phones and I can read all about it. ...........
    Do you honestly believe that the people answering the phones at Verizon (or any other phone company for that matter) are a different breed than those working at Sprint? If you do, you're in for a rude awakening.

Remember, the grass is never greener...
  3.    #3  
    Maybe your right - they all suck. I just don't appreciate a sprint rep telling me that the 650 is in stock and it will ship tomorrow overnight - THEN after charging my visa tell me that it will take up to 7 or 8 business days to get here. Then they won't credit my card but will issue a case number to basically apply for a credit. Most reputable companies don't charge your card until the product ship- right???? Frustrating. No wonder Sprint gets an "F" in customer service. The rep was really an *** hole.
    Unfortunately this tactic of charging your credit card and not shipping has been around with Sprint for at least 2+ years when I first bought an I300 Samsung.

It took me several phone calls to supervisors etc to get things straight. I learned at that time to write down everyone's name and get their extension number.....it helps if you have to call back.

I also managed to get 2 months worth of "free" service out of Sprint because of several issues when purchasing that phone. Voice mail didn't work and several other issues and after talking to a 2nd tier Supervisor, they gave me the two free months. Sadly as it turned out - I didn't keep the phone because of other reasons but at least it's a school of hard knox lesson learned.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    What is the insurance department that they said you had to go to for the 650 ... I also agree with Rick ..I would ***** and moan ..you most likely will get something for you troubles...
    >>I hate sprint customer service.<<
    Probably some outsourced ****** in India answering their phones. This is what happens when companies send their jobs to India. You get ****ty 3rd world service.
    Quote Originally Posted by bongmaster
    >>I hate sprint customer service.<<
    Probably some outsourced ****** in India answering their phones. This is what happens when companies send their jobs to India. You get ****ty 3rd world service.
    which is generally better quality than the inbred white-trash crappy american service. at least the indians can speak english, unlike many of their 'murican' counterparts.

'yeall gotta have yur card ready and wow u sher has a long name mr theder...mr. the-edera...mr. paul'
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by anastrophe
    which is generally better quality than the inbred white-trash crappy american service. at least the indians can speak english, unlike many of their 'murican' counterparts.

'yeall gotta have yur card ready and wow u sher has a long name mr theder...mr. the-edera...mr. paul'
    What the F is this? I have spoken to these outsourced folks on the phone before (capital one is great for using India). It is not discriminatory to disagree with the process. The truth is that the people form India do speak english but the accent is terrible and they are not familiar with some of the most basic english words, such as avenue or circle, when giving an address. My frustration is usually having to say everything twice with them and they read from a script which screws them up once you ask a question off script. The other thing is you feel like something is just not legit when passing information like SSNs to these folks. I never quite feel like I am actually talking to the true representative for the company.
    Eric
    Alright Dems, lets calm down. Call centers will continue to be outsourced to other countries until we (the American buying public) are willing to accept the higher price for having our service on American soil. It's not a conspiracy, nor is it a life long dream of any conservative out there to systematically eliminate US jobs and send them to India. Nor is it a Liberal goal to drive up the minimum wage so companies are forced off shore to remain profitable.

I am one of those willing to pay a premium to a company with such assurances. But I also understand the huge financial pressure we put on these companies to find a way to perform in tough markets (we aren't the easiest consumers to please). If this is such an issue then I assume you aren't buying the foreign made Treo 650, or driving foreign made (or assembled) cars, and on and on.

IMVHO, the company that sources on US soil and ADVERTISES it heavily, might find an advantage in their market - and a customer base willing to pay just a bit more. Yes?

Now, for Sprint CS... EVERY call center has problem individuals. As other threads have stated, usually if you call back in you can start with a clean slate and get a different experience. I've also found that the respect with which I'm treated is almost always directly related to the respect that I GIVE. Not making any suggestions, just a general philosophy.
    KitMoni
    Whatever the problem is...it's definitely them and not us. Unless you consider them to be just some more of us...then it gets really confusing and difficult to know who should be blamed.

Personally, I think this all started with ScrappyDoo.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickTreo650
    I called *2 and went through 30 minutes of circle jurking trying to order a 650. The rep told me then I needed to call 800-480-4727 and went through another 20 minutes of BS and was told because I was an existing customer I had to go through the insurance department in order to get the new 650. Then I started over and got someone who took my order and after he charged my visa he said that hopefully I would get my phone in about 8 business days- this is all after I told him I wanted to pay extra for the overnight shipping. I was then told that there was no overnight shipping option...... so I told the rep to cancel my order and he said that he already charged my card and that he would have to give me a "case #" to "apply" for a credit to my visa account. This is why I am going to switch to Verizon once they get a decent phone. I hate sprint customer service. TOTAL BS. In the mean time I hope everyone gets their phones and I can read all about it. ...........

I have Verizon now. Yes there customer service is very good BUT there plans are higher. I have a 3400 minute with Verizon now for $199/mo. The web access plan costs $49/mo. Total over $250/mo.

Sprint has a 3400 minute plan that includes web access for $135/mo.

BIG SAVINGS..........................I am switching to Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx
    I have Verizon now. Yes there customer service is very good BUT there plans are higher. I have a 3400 minute with Verizon now for $199/mo. The web access plan costs $49/mo. Total over $250/mo.

Sprint has a 3400 minute plan that includes web access for $135/mo.

BIG SAVINGS..........................I am switching to Sprint.
    Damn fella! I have been with sprint for about 4-5 years. I have unlimited Vision access, something like 2000 anytime minutes and the usual unlimited night and weekends for like right at $100.

You definitely must switch.

Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by kitmoni
    Alright Dems, lets calm down. Call centers will continue to be outsourced to other countries until we (the American buying public) are willing to accept the higher price for having our service on American soil. It's not a conspiracy, nor is it a life long dream of any conservative out there to systematically eliminate US jobs and send them to India. Nor is it a Liberal goal to drive up the minimum wage so companies are forced off shore to remain profitable.

I am one of those willing to pay a premium to a company with such assurances. But I also understand the huge financial pressure we put on these companies to find a way to perform in tough markets (we aren't the easiest consumers to please). If this is such an issue then I assume you aren't buying the foreign made Treo 650, or driving foreign made (or assembled) cars, and on and on.

IMVHO, the company that sources on US soil and ADVERTISES it heavily, might find an advantage in their market - and a customer base willing to pay just a bit more. Yes?

Now, for Sprint CS... EVERY call center has problem individuals. As other threads have stated, usually if you call back in you can start with a clean slate and get a different experience. I've also found that the respect with which I'm treated is almost always directly related to the respect that I GIVE. Not making any suggestions, just a general philosophy.
    I am also willing to spend a bit more on a product to keep OUR jobs in this country. Not to fan any flames here, but it was our President who once said "outsourcing is good for this country"

If that's the case, then when all our good paying jobs go to India and we are left working at the local Walmart or Starbucks, we won't be able to afford to buy the products these companies sell. And this will have a huge impact on our econony, plain and simple!

One reason why I had to stop dealing with Sprint was because of their outsourced CSR Service based in India. I had on several occasions, spoken to Reps that could not understand my problem due to language barriers and I had to request help from a Supervisor. This became a very frustrating experience for me.

So far, Verizon CSR Service employees are here in the states and I've never had issues dealing with them.

If we keep supporting companies that outsource American jobs, this process will continue until it hits our own backyard. Just my 2 cents, which I'll probably get slammed for
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay21
    Not to fan any flames here, but it was our President who once said "outsourcing is good for this country"
    No slam - your opinion is your opinion, and it is very valid. Remember, all politicians have said something that will offend you in some way - on both sides of the isle. It's unfortunate, but it's the nature of the game. I don't believe for a second that either candidate (or any President in history) want to cost Americans jobs, or harm individuals. If you are willing to accept that for Reps, I'm willing to for Dems. Cool?

One reason why I had to stop dealing with Sprint was because of their outsourced CSR Service based in India.
    Hmmm. To the point of this thread we go. I've called Sprint several times and I have never gotten anyone that in any way appeared to be in India. I spoke with 2 reps today about the 650, and both were EXTREMELY nice to me, and even asked if I was happy with the service I received on the call when we were done. Yes, I have reached CSRs before who were not as knowledgable. But in that situation you have to know when to cut bait and throw out a new line. It's the same with any company.

To your comment, I'm not sure I'm ready to accept that as fact (SPCS CSRs in India) yet. More times than not I find myself on line with someone who is clearly of an American Ethnic persuation, which is never (IMHO) mistaken for a well coached Indian. I'm trying to be careful so my comments won't be taken as any type of prejudice - as they are certainly NOT meant that way.
    KitMoni
    I am also willing to spend a bit more on a product to keep OUR jobs in this country. Not to fan any flames here, but it was our President who once said "outsourcing is good for this country"

If that's the case, then when all our good paying jobs go to India and we are left working at the local Walmart or Starbucks, we won't be able to afford to buy the products these companies sell. And this will have a huge impact on our econony, plain and simple!

One reason why I had to stop dealing with Sprint was because of their outsourced CSR Service based in India. I had on several occasions, spoken to Reps that could not understand my problem due to language barriers and I had to request help from a Supervisor. This became a very frustrating experience for me.

So far, Verizon CSR Service employees are here in the states and I've never had issues dealing with them.

If we keep supporting companies that outsource American jobs, this process will continue until it hits our own backyard. Just my 2 cents, which I'll probably get slammed for
    I am sure someone will but I understand your comments. Part of the outsourcing though is likely due to the cheap labor for jobs that our folks wont do.
    Eric
    Just to add to this.

I've only called Sprint CS on a couple of occassions and always gotten an American. Can't say whether they were located in India or not

As other people have indicated. Sometimes you get poor ones and it's a matter of saying (politely) thanks for your help, hanging up and trying again.

I've also compared plans and still think Sprint have the best plans, although my plan dates back about 3 yrs and I am no longer under contract with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by davetati
    Just to add to this.

I've only called Sprint CS on a couple of occassions and always gotten an American. Can't say whether they were located in India or not

As other people have indicated. Sometimes you get poor ones and it's a matter of saying (politely) thanks for your help, hanging up and trying again.

I've also compared plans and still think Sprint have the best plans, although my plan dates back about 3 yrs and I am no longer under contract with them.
    Well to be fair, I have never had this problem with Sprint. I HAVE had numerous problems with the poor reps on the line for sure. Capital One and Chase Manhattan are big on outsourcing to India though. Try calling to change your home address and you will see what I mean.

Eric
    After years of dealing with numerous telephonic customer service representitives I will add that I have had far less problems with language, on or off script, than I have had with reps who simply are not willing to take some extra effort to help you. I would gladly talk with someone from India, China or the Moon on an eight second delay for that matter, even if I have to repeat myself to be understood (although I personally have never had to do this), to get a rep who is actually willing to help me over someone in my home town who only wants to blame the problem on me. It is a question of actual service. If Sprint or PalmOne or whoever can get actually service from their outsourced customer service departments and save money besides, then all power to them. My experiences have graudually become more positive over the last few years with customer service (in a variety of fields) since the new outsourcing began. Weather this is due to more polite and willing Indians, or pressure on local reps to offer more real service or lose their jobs, I am unable to say, and frankly I do not care.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    Well to be fair, I have never had this problem with Sprint. I HAVE had numerous problems with the poor reps on the line for sure. Capital One and Chase Manhattan are big on outsourcing to India though. Try calling to change your home address and you will see what I mean.

Eric
    Or try calling Tech Support for your PC manufacturer - Dell, HP, etc...

In any case, I am dying to order a 650 but a little hesitant to deal with Sprint based on past experience. And this wasn't too long ago. I was glad at the time that I paid the extra $10.00 a month for no contract so I had no problems canceling my service.

However, if feedback is great when people actually start getting these in hand, It's possible that I may change my mind.

PS: Called Sprint to confirm that they have 650's in stock for brand new accounts and was told "yes!" Asked about overnight shipping and was told it was available but that it would take 2-3 days to receive it??? Perhaps that's overnight from Bangalor?

I didn't question any further..
    Never ever ever deal with Sprint's (Any division of Sprint!) phone support. Find a Sprint PCS store, go there. All my experiences at the Sprint store have been exceptional, all my experiences with phone support have been...

Well it's phone support from a phone company. You know the drill...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast