Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey,

Just thought that I'd share.... they have been tested and work flawlessly

Hooray.

Also, Skillman is neat... I appriciate him and his team.

-M
    welcome back WBO - always glad to hearing from you, as you know the issues from inside.

wanna bring us up to speed regarding wifi-driver-testing?
  3.    #3  
    hey beelzebueb.. I;d love to, and I'll dig around.... but I dont know anything about it yet... at least nothing that I didn't learn here.
    Did you try for the contacts?
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeBitObsessed
    Hey,

Just thought that I'd share.... they have been tested and work flawlessly

Hooray.

Also, Skillman is neat... I appriciate him and his team.

-M
    Been trying for 2 hours...it will not work for me...it rings "silent"...any suggestions?

I am using 3.1a version and I have tried it with AND without Pocket tunes.

Thanks in advance.....
    There is a problem with it for sure!
    yeah; lightwav's not working for me, either. i emailed toysoft and they said that they hadn't tested it with the 650 but they're working on it.
    thanks guys!!!!
    what do you need lightwav on 650 for? AMR(equivalent to mp3 file) file format is native on 650, so there's no need for lightwav. all you need is the nokia converter program to convert ringtone mp3's to amr. as long as P-Tunes is compatible, i'm okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by peyote
    what do you need lightwav on 650 for? AMR(equivalent to mp3 file) file format is native on 650, so there's no need for lightwav. all you need is the nokia converter program to convert ringtone mp3's to amr. as long as P-Tunes is compatible, i'm okay.
    I tried downloading that program (Nokia Converter) and the site "denied" me...can you e-mail me the program (or just even post a "working" link"):

rjmoose79ATcox.net

Thanks VERY much!!!!!!
    Did you get the converter? Also with the limited memory you have - Can the tones be stored on the card?
    i haven't DL'd the converter yet & hope that it's still available. i'm not sure about storage on SD, but my guess is no. i haven't received my 650 yet (ordered through vienna channels), so i haven't messed with the converter. i guess i better download it now just in case. i thought maybe quicktime pro would have a converter for this. maybe not.
    Lightwav reaked havoc on my 600. I for one have no intentions of instally that buggy software on my 650.
    okay, i did some google'ing & came up with some actual links, the first being free w/o having to fill out a form (recommended). it's a GUI for the sony ericcson amr converter. the nokia link requires you to register but is still free.

http://miksoft.evzonastravel.com/mobileAMRconverter.htm
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/0,,034-63,00.html

correction: they are wav>amr & amr>wav converter. it doesn't handle .mp3, but mp3 tools are all over. the first link has a tutorial to get your file ready to convert to amr.
    http://miksoft.evzonastravel.com/tutorialAMR.htm
    Last edited by peyote; 11/23/2004 at 02:07 PM.
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=63317
    talks about using .wav files on 650's. i guess if you have room, .amr files aren't as important since .wav files sound better.

hopefully lightwav or someone will come out with a good ring manager so we can move 'em to sd card.
    lightwav doesn't work on the 650.....
  17.    #17  
    I tested it on Peter Skillman's At&t treo650.... it worked
    Maybe LightWav works on the GSM Treo 650 and not the Sprint version? That'd be ok with me!
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    Maybe LightWav works on the GSM Treo 650 and not the Sprint version? That'd be ok with me!
    could be, although I'm not sure why that woulde be the case
    We've seen it with several apps starting with the 270 that would run on one but not the other without a few tweaks. But we can't be sure until a few more people get the GSM models in hand. (I'm counting the days!)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast