1.    #1  
    I'm really happy for all you Sprint buyers who may possibly getting your Treo 650's this week. Really. OK. Not really. In fact, I'm annoyed. No, downright upset. I shelled out top dollar for this gadget from p1 with the belief that I'd be among the first to get it (read: delivered same day as the earliest TC'er). Now it looks like that won't be the case.

Quite frankly, I could care less about the stupid BT headset. I'll probably give it a try, but my guess is that it will end up on ebay. I only use a headset while in the car, so a wired version is good enough for me and it means one less thing to have to keep charged up.

So when I bought via the "special" upgrade offer, it was because I foolishly believed/hoped that p1 would be the first to ship. OK, so I based this primarily on that chat session where some unnamed p1 rep claimed that p1 would be shipping...ahem...last Friday.

Well, now all you Sprint buyers are posting away all proud of yourselves for talking to [insert cute-sounding girl's name] today and you may actually get yours tomorrow while us p1 buyers are hearing that p1 may likely start shipping next Monday.

This thread is meant as a group therapy session for fellow p1 buyers who are upset. If you haven't bought from p1 or you bought from p1 but are of the Ziggy "hey, it's only a phone, I'm patient, p1 doesn't owe us anything, I'm unworthy anyway, they should just take my money and not send me anything, it's the thought that counts" mentality, then this isn't the thread for you. Beat it.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    buy it from sprint again and then just return it when your p1 650 arrives. thats what the rest of us are doing
    I ordered originally from P1 also, but then cancelled the order after I heard about Sprint already having them in stock and shipping.
    Apparently, since Sprint has them to ship to us, P1 did start sending the units last Fri.
  5.    #5  
    OK, well if I was to get truly neurotic about it, here's the other potential problem...It sounds like p1 may have shipped out the BT headset. Outgoing shipping was free, but wouldn't I have to eat the shipping charges to send it back to them?

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Scott,

I guess we're not as pissed off about all this because this is EXACTLY what we went through for the 600 last year. A few guys got their phone early from telesales. Before HS even took orders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    OK, well if I was to get truly neurotic about it, here's the other potential problem...It sounds like p1 may have shipped out the BT headset. Outgoing shipping was free, but wouldn't I have to eat the shipping charges to send it back to them?

Scott

Scott, just refuse to accept the order (if you can). That way it should automatically go back to PalmOne...

Anyway, I bet you'll get your Treo before I will. I ordered through Vienna Channel and it doesn't look that will ship for weeks!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by NamesJay
    I ordered originally from P1 also, but then cancelled the order after I heard about Sprint already having them in stock and shipping.
    I would guess that only a SMALL subset of the 650 orders taken today by Sprint were actually SHIPPED out. I ordered at 12:30PM EST (shortly after news broke here) and was assured that it would ship out today. When I called back at 5:00PM EST, I was told it was on BACKORDER because something was missing from the shipment. WHAT?!?!

After reading TC and finding out that it was probably the $150 rebate form PIECE OF PAPER, I called back and had them TAKE THE PIECE OF PAPER OFF THE ORDER. Geez!

Needless to say, I haven't cancelled my P1 order (with the free BT headset) just yet, and wouldn't advise others to cancel their P1 order until they get a tracking # from Sprint.
    now imagine how we gsm users feel?

we might have to wait until january for our chance.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Dude, just cancel your P1 order. That's what I'm doing. Hell, looks like I may even be cancelling my Sprint order if the phone I got for an authorized sprint dealer on ebay comes in the morning like he promised (my fourth phone from him, he has come through every other time.)
    If you order from sprint, you lose the free headset, don't you? I think that makes it worth the wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    now imagine how we gsm users feel?

we might have to wait until january for our chance.
    Yeah, but I think that misses the point that you'd think that PalmOne would be the first to ship a device made my PalmOne. I'm kind of with Scott on this one, but I'm a little too much in the "it's only a phone" boat.

Plus I just got Vonage today, so that's going to keep me busy for a couple of days.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    Yeah, but I think that misses the point that you'd think that PalmOne would be the first to ship a device made my PalmOne. I'm kind of with Scott on this one, but I'm a little too much in the "it's only a phone" boat.

Plus I just got Vonage today, so that's going to keep me busy for a couple of days.
    It's only a phone? Good God man, have you gone mad?

Only a phone?

Can we get some help in here, stat?
    Quote Originally Posted by amb34
    It's only a phone? Good God man, have you gone mad?

Only a phone?

Can we get some help in here, stat?
    If it was only a phone, this whole website wouldn't exist!!
    Mods can we put one of those temporary bans on bmacfarland? He needs help before he should be able to post again
    Quote Originally Posted by BBKBAZ
    Mods can we put one of those temporary bans on bmacfarland? He needs help before he should be able to post again
    Clearly the pressure has gotten to him. Someone get that man a 650 cc's of Treo, STAT!
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    We have to remember that Sprint is buying quit a few more handsets from P1 than all of us added together. Sprint get the priority. That is just big business in the real world.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    I guess I am more annoyed at the fact that I could have used my discover card with sprint. Maybe I should get a visa eh?
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    You know, I want to be mad, but somehow having a ship date and seeing movement toward getting the phone, I'm not livid. Furthermore, from what I've heard Sprint is only selling to existing customers...I'm not, so I doubt I could get one anyway. Plus I'm calculating that people will have the phone only about 5-7 days before me. Now if it was in the stores before shipped to me...THAT would pi$$ me off!