Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Man I just stumbled apon the post of the 650 being released from sprint, and low and behold my 600 speaker stoped working! <grin> Called Sprint PCS, yes can you send me out a replacement 600, btw how much more is the 650? lady goes, 600 is 599, 650 is 599. im like ok ill have the 650! Said i would recieve it in 3-5 days!

God what a deal this day rules, first Lexus give me 200 dollars in gas cards and i get a free phone upgrade! YEA!
    I highly suspect you will get a 600, not a 650.

please post in 3-5 days and let us hear you dejection/elation.
    Better check your SprintPCS account for a $599 (plus tax) charge before you get too excited.
    Yeah. I doubt you'll get a switch.
    Quote Originally Posted by lexusrx330
    Man I just stumbled apon the post of the 650 being released from sprint, and low and behold my 600 speaker stoped working! <grin> Called Sprint PCS, yes can you send me out a replacement 600, btw how much more is the 650? lady goes, 600 is 599, 650 is 599. im like ok ill have the 650! Said i would recieve it in 3-5 days!

God what a deal this day rules, first Lexus give me 200 dollars in gas cards and i get a free phone upgrade! YEA!
    Yeah, Yeah, we noticed, you have a lexus. Big deal,
    did you brag like this when you were a kid? Trying to hide a lack of ..er..something that might be too small?
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
  6.    #6  
    naw, just like my car, btw i voted for your guy too

ill let ya guys know the verdict once i get either one

ciao!
  7.    #7  
    got the 650 and return kit for the 600 today.

you didn't get charged ANYTHING for the 650???? uhhhh... dare I say? Prove it...
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    I'm in the same situation but still haven't received mine yet. I think I even ordered it around the same time you did - assuming your initial post is around the time you placed your order. I can't even get a tracking number from these guys, but I'm still confident enough in the order to cancel my P1 order with the free bluetooth headset.

I received a 6 digit reference/order number when I called on Wednesday night and was told they would be sending the 650 out as a replacement and as a courtesy (I was on my 3rd 600). Now that you've received your order, can you post or PM me with your reference number so that I can see if I was before or after you (assuming they're in numerical order)?
    Hold on a minute... Since when can you call customer service and get a replacement phone sent out? Every thread I've ever read about calling CS they always make you go to a store. How did you pull that off?
    He probably has insurance. That means you don't have to go to a store, they send you the replacement.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyG
    He probably has insurance. That means you don't have to go to a store, they send you the replacement.
    Same thing happened to me. I'm on my 5-6th T600 and they're sending me a 650 no charge to my office. I looked at my account online and it says -$599 for amount due(credit) I have insurance, but I've also been with Sprint 5+ years. Hopefully they take longevity into account.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasparks
    Same thing happened to me. I'm on my 5-6th T600 and they're sending me a 650 no charge to my office. I looked at my account online and it says -$599 for amount due(credit) I have insurance, but I've also been with Sprint 5+ years. Hopefully they take longevity into account.
    that's remarkable.... Good luck to ya!

I think this is a pretty nifty policy.... Kinda like LLBean... lol
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Youve always been able to switch phones when getting a replacement (many went from PPC phones to Treo 600's back in the day) as long as it was cheaper. The loophole here is that P1 hasnt lowered the price on the 600 yet so the price would be the same. Bottom line.. they will QUICKLY fix this so if you want to try it do it now. Wish I had thought of it , would have saved me $50 and an extra year on my plan
    I have the replacement plan on my T600. It calls for paying a deductable of $35 to replace the phone if damaged. If the T600 price drops below teh 650, I wonder if they will allow you to pay the $35 plus the difference between the two phones?

cool. did u call sprint or lockline - i have always had to call lockline for warranty claims and when i call sprint they always tell me to go to the store for a replacement....

i wonder how long the 600s will be in store as refurns - i susepct a long time as they lots of em

i am on my 5th and it has screen flicker issues already...
    Everytime I call Sprint or Lockline they tell me to go into the Sprint store, and I have insurance. Am I doing something wrong?
  18.    #18  
    just called sprint, customer service, i have a business account but thats it. If you call the 888 number for shipping info, the one with the 3,3,2 and give them the id number they gave you they should get your tracking number to you. Took me forever to get my tracking number today, and then a knock at the door, had the package before i even had the #. will post a copy of the return kit box if ya guys want
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    i'm wondering what number you called.

they're telling me to bring my phone into the store.

this will be my 3rd treo and i already have 4 lines and i've been with them for 5+ years, also.

i just want to get my phone replaced OR get the 650 upgrade, as you did.

help, please.
    Monster Crayons: monstercrayons.com
    SPRINT PCS Retention Plan 2001: 4 lines - $120/month (plus over $40 in taxes; yes, $40) - 3180 shared anytime - 4000 (8pm) and Voice Command on each line - unlimited PCS/Vision/Picture Pack/Roaming/FIMF
    Most recent phones: Samsung A500 - Samsung A620 - Hitachi P300 - Samsung VI660 - Treo 600 - Sony Ericsson T608 - Treo 650
    SPRINT PCS customer since 1997.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    so here's what happened...

4ish days ago... i called csr at *2 and went through the claire voice recoginition jungle. i told them about my defective treo 600 (the earpiece is dead) and that i've already gone through 3 of them (which is true, and i imagine they can see on my esn record). she told me go to a store to get it checked, and she'd notate my account regarding an upgrade to the treo 650 (after i asked her if this was possible).

today, i went to the sprint store at the 5th and mission garage (yerba buena gardens on mission street between 4th and 5th) in san francisco. they tested the phone and it wasn't working; surprisingly, however, they had a refurb treo 600 that they wanted to swap out. i told them the situation (the rep i delt with was jeff), and they looked at the notation on my account. he said that upgrading a treo 600 to a treo 650 under warranty isn't sprint policy (and i know that is isn't and the manager even confirmed this), but they said i could call *2 if i wanted to see if a csr would make the upgrade (as was notated on my account). magic happened, and the phone rep said no problem. he read of the address that i wanted the treo 650 and phone mailer shipped to. he said that it's in stock and should arrive in 3-5 days. [today is a saturday.] i then asked, so thursday or friday... he said friday at the latest. i confirmed multiple times (3 times) that it was a treo 650 and not a treo 600.

update to come.
    Last edited by christof; 11/27/2004 at 09:47 PM.
    Monster Crayons: monstercrayons.com
    SPRINT PCS Retention Plan 2001: 4 lines - $120/month (plus over $40 in taxes; yes, $40) - 3180 shared anytime - 4000 (8pm) and Voice Command on each line - unlimited PCS/Vision/Picture Pack/Roaming/FIMF
    Most recent phones: Samsung A500 - Samsung A620 - Hitachi P300 - Samsung VI660 - Treo 600 - Sony Ericsson T608 - Treo 650
    SPRINT PCS customer since 1997.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast