Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am not having any luck. I called CS and they told me to take it into the store. They said if it failed the test it shouldn't be a problem getting a 650 instead. Well it failed the test and they tried to give me a 600. Manager was very nice, but refused to give me a 650. I then called CS again and got a jerk who was rude and kept telling me that I can only get a 600. It wasn't what he was saying, but it was how he was saying it. I am back on it again today calling. I asked for Executive Services and the rep gave me the number to a sprint directory. What an @$$hole. Now I have to keep going through this crap. I will not give up.
    Quote Originally Posted by larryj357
    I am not having any luck. I called CS and they told me to take it into the store. They said if it failed the test it shouldn't be a problem getting a 650 instead. Well it failed the test and they tried to give me a 600. Manager was very nice, but refused to give me a 650. I then called CS again and got a jerk who was rude and kept telling me that I can only get a 600. It wasn't what he was saying, but it was how he was saying it. I am back on it again today calling. I asked for Executive Services and the rep gave me the number to a sprint directory. What an @$$hole. Now I have to keep going through this crap. I will not give up.
    Good ol US of A.. If they keep trying to replace your broken 600 with another 600 (how dare they) maybe you should file a lawsuit... lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar99
    Good ol US of A.. If they keep trying to replace your broken 600 with another 600 (how dare they) maybe you should file a lawsuit... lol
    Actually, I am just getting back from the sprint store with a TREO 650............ Truth be told I got it from the store I went to yesterday after going to another store this morning. I actually had the cops on me at that store. It was classic. I wasn't screaming obscenities, but everyone in the store knew that I was extremely pissed. I left before the cops came and went to the store from last night. Mission accomplished. I have a Treo 650, and I didn't get arrested. LOL!!! Yes I do love the USA and my new phone. I didn't give up like I said. So if you were trying to flame with your post, I still got what I wanted.
    I just did the same thing with sprint. Called up, had them compare prices, asked them to send the 650, and I just got my treo 650 yesterday.
    Good, just dont complain when Sprint raises their rates
    You started this thread. It's been 3 weeks. Did you ever get the 650? Perhaps you posted it and I missed it. I'll read it again more carefully.

EDIT:
    I FOUND IT. WHY WOULD YOU RETURN A TREO 650 FOR A 600? WHAT'S GOING ON? CONFUSING?

Quote Originally Posted by lexusrx330
    Man I just stumbled apon the post of the 650 being released from sprint, and low and behold my 600 speaker stoped working! <grin> Called Sprint PCS, yes can you send me out a replacement 600, btw how much more is the 650? lady goes, 600 is 599, 650 is 599. im like ok ill have the 650! Said i would recieve it in 3-5 days!

God what a deal this day rules, first Lexus give me 200 dollars in gas cards and i get a free phone upgrade! YEA!
    can everyone who got their 600 replaced with a 650 state whether it was through lockline or through warranty directly from sprint? and can you give direct phone numbers and csr names we can ask for?
    Well, I was feeling special because my 600 was replaced with a 650, but it was because my son-in-law works at a Sprint store and "interceded" when he knew I was getting it replaced. Sort of a birthday surprise for me.

Now that I see it's being done regularly for those that ask, I don't feel as obligated to treat him nicely

Just kidding of course. He's a good guy, and it was great of him to think of me and surprise me with it. I haven't even mentioned to him how much it's actually costing me in buying a new cradle, new screen protector, new car connector, and new e-grips. But, it's all worth it. Great device.
    Quote Originally Posted by rastoma
    can everyone who got their 600 replaced with a 650 state whether it was through lockline or through warranty directly from sprint? and can you give direct phone numbers and csr names we can ask for?
    Mine was replaced through the warranty and a lot of *****ing.... LOL!!! I called until I got this really nice csr rep that notated my account and asked the store to honor the notes. They didn't want to honor it, but with a lot of complaining (they called it being irrate) a nice store manager decided to go and do it. I honestly do believe they aren't allowed to switch them yet. They have a web page they go to and see the phones to use for phone replacements. The 650 just hasn't been added to the list yet. It has only been a week or so since they have had them. I think in the next few weeks it will be easier to get a 650 for a broken 600.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons
    Now that I see it's being done regularly for those that ask, I don't feel as obligated to treat him nicely
    To add some fuel to this fire: I just got off the phone from Sprint customer service to complain about the refurbed 600 the Sprint store gave me as a replacement for my 1 year old 600. My original 600 developed a problem where it would not make or receive calls reliably (weird problem that started happening after a glitch caused a reset during powerup when traveling from NY to DFW; I assumed it was a software problem but hard reseting to "bare metal" would not correct it). I took it to the store where they held it for about a week to "fix" it. Finally, they gave me a replacement refurb, telling me they couldn't fix it.

The refurb seemed to work fine, but has since shown an intermittent screen failure (e.g. multi-colored lines show up on the screen that only a shake or tap on the phone cures) in the week since I received it. I complained about this via several avenues (customer service, the Sprint Store I got it at, corporate support, executive services, and Lockline), and was told my only recourse was to either bring the refurb in to a different further away Sprint repair center for repair (and be without a phone for another week) or pay $50 insurance deductable for a replacement 600. I was not happy with these options, needless to say.

I finally got transferred to a regular CSR on the regular Sprint customer service line, who said she would send a replacement phone, along with a return kit for the current phone, using their standard "charge you for the new phone, credit you for the old one when they get it back" customer service replacement policy for phones under warranty (the refurb has some warranty period). When I asked about whether I could ask for a different phone as a replacement, she said she was already sending a 650, without me even asking, since she had heard of this being done by other CSR's.

Well, I'll believe it when I see it (and have the $600 credit for the old 600), of course. However, this is a case where the CSR did the switching, not me...
    - Dan Butterfield (dan@butterfields.net)
  11. hls
    I got to switch this past monday at the Sprint store (although it took a bit of effort).

Larry is right--the asst manager couldn't switch on Sunday b/c she said she could give me a new 600, but not a new 650 b/c the computer would only allow a switch if it was from a "new" 600--Sprint had replaced my original phone previously with a refurb. She said it was simply a Sprint computer system issue. She gave me the manager's biz card and said he would be in on Monday.

I then called Customer Service and explained same thing. They said they would take notes down. Very nice manager changed out the phone no problem the next day.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    well, i got the treo in on tuesday.. it took 3 business days [inclusive].

i then received the treo 600 return kit on friday.. it took 6 business days [inclusive].

so far, so good. no crashes/resets. still attempting to bluetooth sync with my mac powerbook 12"
    Monster Crayons: monstercrayons.com
    SPRINT PCS Retention Plan 2001: 4 lines - $120/month (plus over $40 in taxes; yes, $40) - 3180 shared anytime - 4000 (8pm) and Voice Command on each line - unlimited PCS/Vision/Picture Pack/Roaming/FIMF
    Most recent phones: Samsung A500 - Samsung A620 - Hitachi P300 - Samsung VI660 - Treo 600 - Sony Ericsson T608 - Treo 650
    SPRINT PCS customer since 1997.
    Quote Originally Posted by lexusrx330
    Called Sprint PCS, yes can you send me out a replacement 600, btw how much more is the 650? lady goes, 600 is 599, 650 is 599. im like ok ill have the 650! Said i would recieve it in 3-5 days!
    Now, why on earth would you be excited about Sprint downgrading your phone?
    Well, after reading this thread I tried at a store - the manager said no can do based on replacements listed out on the web site they use.

Tried by phone and CSR said they could only handle replacement via phone if I was a long ways from a store...

Am I missing something here , would really like to get the free swap out of a 650 for my 600 (which resets every time you put it down too hard)

any ideas out there on who to call or what to say ????
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sanovak3681
    Well, after reading this thread I tried at a store - the manager said no can do based on replacements listed out on the web site they use.

Tried by phone and CSR said they could only handle replacement via phone if I was a long ways from a store...

Am I missing something here , would really like to get the free swap out of a 650 for my 600 (which resets every time you put it down too hard)

I was getting the run around on getting my 600 replaced. They wanted me to take it to the store, which I really don't have time to do. After asking them several times just to send me a refurb replacement, I said thanks and hung up.

I sent a very nice email to gary.forsee@mail.sprintpcs.com explaining my aggravation. He happens to be the CEO of Sprint PCS. Got a call back in a few hours from a nice woman who agreed to replace my phone with a 650 via mail. It was unbelievable.

Moral of the story... If you are getting the run around, go straight to the top. The CEO's office can't afford to ignore your problem.

Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by sanovak3681

I too am getting my phone (treo 650) this Monday as well as a return kit. Called CSR several times to complain about my network problem and screen freezing and that this is my 5th replacement with a problem. Told them I would like a same phone (treo 600) replacement. My first several attempts to get the same phone replacements were unsuccessful. One rep told me I had to call another number to get the replacement. She said they dont handle replacements which I knew was not true. I told her I dont have lockline and that i've gotten replacements from them before but she insisted I call another number. I knew she was wrong but I called the number she gave me and it was the f***** lockline number. I gave up calling that day. The next day I called again and explained about my problem and how im on my 5th treo. The rep was very nice and was going to send me another 600. I asked what other phones I can get and asked about the 650. He checked for me and he said it's the same price. So I asked to get a 650 instead. He said no problem and that he is also gonna send me a return kit for my 600. Waited several minutes for him to finish up and at the end I confirmed which phone I was getting. He confirmed 650 to replace my 600 2nd day air. Ofcouse in the end he asked how satisfied I was with the service and calmly said (in reality my heart was going out of control with excitement) "very very satisfied".

Just to confirm I called 2 days later and was able to get a tracking number and again asked which phone they are sending me. Rep said 650 shipped and scheduled delivery Monday Dec. 13th. Checked the tracking number via ups.com and sure enough there it is. I can't wait for Monday to to be over with so I can finally get some sleep.

My advice to anyone, just keep trying and eventually you will get a CSR rep that will do the swap for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar99
    Good, just dont complain when Sprint raises their rates
    Sprint better hope like s**t the other companies raise their rates in kind.

This industry is too competitive and makes it too easy for consumers to vote with their $$$'ers.

If they raise their rates, the consumers get to walk without an Early Termination Fee.

Scaring the customer doesn't work in this industry.

Landline monpolies and utilities maybe, but not wireless.

And keeping the customer happy is the best way to retain customers. And retaining customers costs something like 1/3rd that of obtaining new customers.

So, Sprint throwing the good customers a few bones is a wise investment.
    Oh, and they can easily make up for that money by rounding a couple more percentage of 55 second calls up to 2 minutes.

Don't think for a minute that they don't already do exactly this ;-)
    Oh, and the 1 year of WLNP price gouging helped pay for alot of replacement phones as well.

Sprint ain't losing any money on these replacements.

You pay for those free phones one way or the other.

And if the replacements stop, rates won't come down.
    Those of you who have had Sprint replace the phone, were you all still under your one year initial warranty? I've had my 600 since October of 2003 and I've been told that since it's out of warranty, I have to go through Lockline for my replacement.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast