Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ...and?
    just to let you know, that yes they will send you the phone but in exacly 2 months you WILL BE BILLED $599 PLUS TAX ON YOUR ACCOUNT. TRUST ME NOT WORTH THE HEADACHE. APRINT POLICY IS THAT THEY CANNOT UPGRADE PHONES FOR FREE.

Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Sure they can...I have a $599 charge on my bill right now, but Sprint is sending me a return kit so I can ship back my old 600 to them. Once they get phone back, off comes the charge. Just don't go selling your 600 on e-bay once you get the 650.
    So do you have to have insurance for Sprint to upgrade to 650? I've been getting the network and screen freeze intermittenly for quite some time now. I once took it to a sprint store but they found nothing wrong. This is technically my 5th treo 600. I would like to problem fixed but an upgrade would be awesome.
    Zeez! I tried this while on Thanksgiving holiday since my Treo was malfunctioning and spoke with 3 different CS reps and NO ONE would send me a 650 replacement.

I do have Lockline which Sprint just confirmed is their insurance coverage.

I just got a refurb yesterday in a Sprint store and now I'm not so happy about it.

Bottom line, it comes down to your CS rep. Unfortunately for me I did not get one that would comply on my 3 shameless attempts. But good for you lucky dogs who did!

P.S.
    Quote Originally Posted by speclcajun
    Yeah, Yeah, we noticed, you have a lexus. Big deal,
    did you brag like this when you were a kid? Trying to hide a lack of ..er..something that might be too small?
    Lighten up. The Lexus rocks!!!
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 12/01/2004 at 07:39 AM.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I am so tired of Kerry supporters still hanging on with the anti-Bush BS. Like him or don't, at least pretend like you live in this country....especially when some of us serve our country...(sorry for being off topic here)
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Shatter, why don't you try using PMs if you have a problem with soemone's avatar instead of hijacking the thread?

As for the upgrade to a 650.. wish they did that for me!
    Fiance's T600, 5th replacement due to screen yesterday (11/31/04), Sprint Store would NOT upgrade to 650. Sprint CSR's would NOT upgrade to 650. Looks like they must have had the internal Sprint memo NOT to do this anymore...

Sucks, though with all the 650 problems, maybe not so bad afterall.

Matt
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    I did this when I had the T300 and had the hinge snap after a couple previous replacements. This is a customer svc call and NOT a lockline.

You have to be persistent in many cases and phrase your request correctly...

search the old 600 forums for about 13 months back for how we did it...

Good luck...should only apply to people who have had legitimate problems....
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatter
    I am so tired of Kerry supporters still hanging on with the anti-Bush BS. Like him or don't, at least pretend like you live in this country....especially when some of us serve our country...(sorry for being off topic here)
    Aside from the fact that you're totally off-topic, freedom of speech is a right to cherish. It's one of the things we are fighting for right now in Iraq. I can assure you that if Kerry had won the Bush supporters would still be criticizing his every move.

So shut it.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    I can assure you that if Kerry had won the Bush supporters would still be criticizing his every move.
    Criticize his every move? You mean like 20 years in the Senate with NOTHING to show for it?

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Aside from the fact that you're totally off-topic, freedom of speech is a right to cherish...

So shut it.
    I see. Freedom of speech only applies to YOU and not HIM?
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    i'm still waiting on my treo 600 warranty replacement treo 650. it was held up because the $150 rebate form was backordered. i now have 2 orders: (1) treo 650 and (2) rebate form. the treo should be here by wednesday (at the latest).
    Monster Crayons: monstercrayons.com
    SPRINT PCS Retention Plan 2001: 4 lines - $120/month (plus over $40 in taxes; yes, $40) - 3180 shared anytime - 4000 (8pm) and Voice Command on each line - unlimited PCS/Vision/Picture Pack/Roaming/FIMF
    Most recent phones: Samsung A500 - Samsung A620 - Hitachi P300 - Samsung VI660 - Treo 600 - Sony Ericsson T608 - Treo 650
    SPRINT PCS customer since 1997.
    i got mine from executive services for free, next day shipping! call them & they will do it. i did that from treo 300 to 600 to 650 to......
    Is executive services something that anyone can call? If so, what number? If not, how do we get those privileges?
    if you ask you shall receive...
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    well, i received the treo 650 today. brand new in box without the rebate form.

i'm still waiting for thre treo 600 return kit (read: bubble return package). so i haven't activated the treo 650 yet.

regardless, i got it today. now, let's hope i can get the return kit and make sure that the $600+ charge on my account will be removed.

btw, went through lots of hoops for this: ordered phone through telesales and return kit through standard csr. it took a few tries, but it's all coming together now.
    SPRINT PCS Retention Plan 2001: 4 lines - $120/month (plus over $40 in taxes; yes, $40) - 3180 shared anytime - 4000 (8pm) and Voice Command on each line - unlimited PCS/Vision/Picture Pack/Roaming/FIMF
    Most recent phones: Samsung A500 - Samsung A620 - Hitachi P300 - Samsung VI660 - Treo 600 - Sony Ericsson T608 - Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by christof
    well, i received the treo 650 today. brand new in box without the rebate form.

i'm still waiting for thre treo 600 return kit (read: bubble return package). so i haven't activated the treo 650 yet.

regardless, i got it today. now, let's hope i can get the return kit and make sure that the $600+ charge on my account will be removed.

btw, went through lots of hoops for this: ordered phone through telesales and return kit through standard csr. it took a few tries, but it's all coming together now.
    did telesales make you open another line
    they sent my treo 650 without billing me one red cent! damn I'm good!
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    no--it's sort'a interesting... and i don't believe that i went through executive services.

[before all of this happens, i called a csr before hand and she told me to go to a sprint store and if they can't give me a treo 650 that i should call *2. phone was tested and it didn't work. only would give me a treo 600. called *2. phone was ordered along with return kit, but it never came.]

i called *2 for the standard csr's [to follow up on my order, but it was never placed]... the first rep told me she could order the phone and return kit. when she put the order in, she said she couldn't charge to my account, so i had to give them my credit card number. the rep notated my account...

i imagine that she inputted my credit card number incorrectly, so i had to call my card company (because the charge was denied). they told me she inputted the zip incorrectly.

i called back, the 2nd csr told me he couldn't order the phone, and put me on hold. he came back and said he could order the phone but ONLY if i added a line of service. he said he'd have to transfer me to telesales.

i was transfered to telesales, and they sold me the phone w/o a new line, but then they couldn't order the return kit. so i was transfered back to a csr and he ordered me the return kit.

today, i received the treo 650, but not the treo 600 return kit (yet).

as i said earlier, i had to go through a lot of hoops for this. =/
  20. djc
    we caled customer service at the office to replace a user's defective t600. A few days later a t600 w/o camera came. we called back again to get this resolved, and a few days later a 650 showed up.

consistency is fantastic!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast