1.    #1  
    What a tool I am. I just dropped far more on a cell phone/PDA combo than anyone in their right mind would. Hell, I could have purchased a laptop, a powerful one at that I'm sure. I'm having buyer's remorse even before I have the thing (which is supposed to be Friday am according to Sprint.)

Yes, I called, and got transferred to 1-888-312-0050 where they will be able to send me my 18 month rebate form for $150 off, with taxes, that's still 500 friggen dollars! And I gotta pay the 4 bucks a month insurance. My wife is gonna kill me. Hell, I'm gonna kill me.

I got an order number, and the thing is supposed to ship out tomorrow am, so hopefully I can track it. Good luck to all of you and DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Almost in the same boat as you - and if not for the road show coupon (or my hope that one will be available at the DC road show) I'm not sure the decision would be as easy for me as it has been. I just can't justify spending $600 on a cell phone. Granted the PDA functions are good, but I have a decent pda that even now I don't use to its full capabilities. My Sanyo 8100 has performed admirably until recently, and I've never been that pressed about checking my e-mail (though when I took the bar I kept checking the net for the results!) that I can't wait until I get into the office or home. When the fact that I can't bring a cell phone or anything that can record or transmit information into my work environment is taken into account, I'm really left with a $600 cell phone. At $350 it becomes slightly more palatable - and recent travels for uncle same leaves me with a nice check of about $600 for POV mileage that makes this purchase a somewhat easy decision. But take away that coupon and I would be doing some serious soul searching to justify this purchase. I recently created a blog and one of my few entries so far deals with the subject of man's (and women like geekymom's!) insatiable appetite for new technology. The latest gadget hits the shelves and we're off and running.

I am hoping that a few things will happen as a result of this purchase. 1st, I stopped relying on my pda after law school. Since I can't bring either my cell phone or my tungsten/t into work, lugging around a cell phone and a pda became a nuisance. This is especially true when one considers my usual work pants are stuffed with gun magazines, flashlights and the like. Adding a pda to that mix becomes tricky. Hopefully an all-in-one unit will allow me to once again find order, at least in my life outside the "office". 2nd, I'm hoping it will be the last such device I'll need for a while. Of course that will all change once the treo 700 - or whatever the 650's successor will be called - comes along!

Quote Originally Posted by mausalot
    What a tool I am. I just dropped far more on a cell phone/PDA combo than anyone in their right mind would. Hell, I could have purchased a laptop, a powerful one at that I'm sure. I'm having buyer's remorse even before I have the thing (which is supposed to be Friday am according to Sprint.)

Yes, I called, and got transferred to 1-888-312-0050 where they will be able to send me my 18 month rebate form for $150 off, with taxes, that's still 500 friggen dollars! And I gotta pay the 4 bucks a month insurance. My wife is gonna kill me. Hell, I'm gonna kill me.

I got an order number, and the thing is supposed to ship out tomorrow am, so hopefully I can track it. Good luck to all of you and DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE.
    1st SFG (A)

if at first you don't succeed - RELOAD!