1.    #1  
    I need help guys. I ordered my 650 from Sprint today. I got the instant $150 rebate because I added an additional line. Now here's the problem. I currently have a Treo 600 on my current line. Now I have a lot of business connects who have my current number, so I don't want it changed. But I would like my Treo 650 to carry this number.

Sprint is telling me that once they assign the new number for my additional line to my Treo 650, that I have to keep the new number assigned to the Treo 650, or they will bill me the additional $150 dollars.

Why can't I just swap the numbers with the phones? They are my phones, and its still the same contract, because both lines are still active. Has anyone else experienced this, and do they have a solution?

I personally believe the reps are lying.
    Swapping the ESN has never posed a problem for me with rebate monies.
  3.    #3  
    Thats what I figured. I don't know why the reps are lying to me.
    I don't think they are lying. I don't think you can have two ESNs with same phone number.
    What you need to do is to give Sprint back the $150 bucks...then it will work properly
    I do this all the time for my company. I usually have problems with invoicing, etc. because Sprint cannot get it through its head the plan is what matters, not the phone number. A call to Corporate Care or my AE fixes the invoice problem.
    I've run into plenty reps that don't know as much as they should know. I've had some tell me that they can't esn swap between 2 phones that are active and that I'd need a 3rd cold phone. Then I've had some that will swap just fine between 2 active phones and they just have to manipulate the system just right. I wouldn't worry about it all that much - just like ordering the 650 was - it is a matter of getting the right person on the other end of the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by bael
    I've run into plenty reps that don't know as much as they should know. I've had some tell me that they can't esn swap between 2 phones that are active and that I'd need a 3rd cold phone. Then I've had some that will swap just fine between 2 active phones and they just have to manipulate the system just right. I wouldn't worry about it all that much - just like ordering the 650 was - it is a matter of getting the right person on the other end of the phone.
    You are right there. That comment with the third phone is a new one on me. Every time I buy a new phone, I just call up sprint, give them new ESN and activate one while shutting off the previous.
    Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    You are right there. That comment with the third phone is a new one on me. Every time I buy a new phone, I just call up sprint, give them new ESN and activate one while shutting off the previous.
    Eric
    Their "idea" behind the 3rd phone was to switch the number to the cold phone (one we had just sitting around anyway from some upgrades and we normally have some spares in case someone drops one in a toilet or something) and then swap the 2nd number to the just emptied phone and then swap the first number from phone 3 back to phone 2. It was a pain - got the job done though. Of course, therep that was just able to swap between the 2 active phones without a dummy phone made life a whole lot easier (had to keep both phones with active numbers. Employees just wanted to swap phones and keep their same numbers)
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    I don't think they are lying. I don't think you can have two ESNs with same phone number.
    Upon calling back, another rep informed me that I can go into a Sprint store and have them swap the numbers using a dummy phone as stated by bael.

Guess I'll have to wait and see who's correct.
    The sprint reps at the store can do this with no problem. Both phones are yours and so are both numbers. The rep doesn't care which phone has which number.