1.    #1  
    So, a friend of mine is considering purchasing a refurbished Treo 300 (he needs the functionality but has a tiny budget.) Is the Treo 300 only compatible with Sprint? Or can you use it with other service providers?

The reason I ask is that where he will be using it -- in and around Sebastopol (north of San Francisco) -- Sprint has a pretty lousy coverage map. In fact, it looks like much of his area is roaming-ville.

Any help would be appreciated.

~rich
    unless you are willing to do a whole lot of high tech tinkering, the 300 is a sprint-only phone
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Treo 300 was designed by palmOne exlusively for the CDMA technology of Sprint. Its possible to use the device but only for CDMA technology and with a little programming to remove the Sprint phone system.

Why not go for a Treo 270 or Treo 600, which is a GSM phone. You can just simply insert any SIM card and use its network on the go.
    Quote Originally Posted by aarons12
    unless you are willing to do a whole lot of high tech tinkering, the 300 is a sprint-only phone
    Please explain?
    Can unlocking it do it? If so, how?
    Software?
    I'm currently with T-Mobile with my other phone and would like to stay with them...