1.    #1  
    Who will be the first early adopter to freak out over defects?

I'm mostly kidding around, but you know there will be a few. Just prepare yourselves for some bugs. I'm on my 4th 600, so I'm pretty much use to the process now.
    There shouldn't be that much defects since it's being manufactured by HTC.
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by techjunkie
    There shouldn't be that much defects since it's being manufactured by HTC.
    Hope you knocked on some wood, sacrificed a virgin, and did a dance before you typed that.
    ME HOPEFULLY!!! (that would mean I was one of the 1st ones to get mine!!!) Actually, I'm hoping there are no defects or quality issues. The reported improvements in quality are one of the reasons my wife conceded and let me buy the 650!
    Me I already know it wont work with the most important software I use.

Well, I don't know about "freaking out" but I can assure you that if this $600 phone has any manufacturing defects at all, I will be complaining loudly about them. What's this "early adopter" stuff? We're not talking about some breakthrough technology that has yet to be proven. It's a PDA combined with a phone, for goodness sakes. And, more to the point, it's a rev 2 Treo 600.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Who cares, its not a bad deal to get a few replacements anyway... Keeps that new phone feeling going a little longer. I had 5 600's and it was nice getting a new one every few months... Sprint at least is very good about replacements, i would just go into the store, have it tested, and walk out with a brand new Treo...

8.    #8  
    It's just a fact of life. You don't have to like it, but you should expect it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Well, I don't know about "freaking out" but I can assure you that if this $600 phone has any manufacturing defects at all, I will be complaining loudly about them. What's this "early adopter" stuff? We're not talking about some breakthrough technology that has yet to be proven. It's a PDA combined with a phone, for goodness sakes. And, more to the point, it's a rev 2 Treo 600.

Scott
    I think there are plenty of people freaking out over the fact that sprint is the only available carrier!
    I don't mind if there are bugs with it. Most of those can be fixed. I'm concerned with actual defects/bad units. That's why I hate ordering online. At least in a store, you can check it out before you leave. But if an online order is a bad unit, its a major pain to get a new one. And in the case of the 650, there may not be any new ones left in stock for replacing bad ones by the time they get delivered.
    Well, my Baby Bjorn Active carrier was recalled. So after 9 months of use, got a full refund.

However, the problems people had with the 600 were unacceptable (at least they would be to me). I am just hoping the 650 is a solid unit.
  12.    #12  
    The hysteria is in full swing...

palmOne will address the memory issue. The phone is otherwise great, albeit probably not without the typical manufacturing defects that will show themselves in time.

Stop running buggy and incompatible software on your 650, and it will crash much less.