1.    #1  
    does anyone know of a free pop3 email appilcation for a verizon treo 600?

note: i do not want to use the verizon wireless sync app
    I'd be interested as well. Anyone?
    Just curious - doesn't the Verizon T600 come with the Palm Mail v1.02a client?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Eudorasuite has a mail app that works but does not support attachments.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    Just curious - doesn't the Verizon T600 come with the Palm Mail v1.02a client?
    Nope, the Verizon Treo comes with no mail client whatsoever. I assume it's to try and push their wireless sync service.
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    Nope, the Verizon Treo comes with no mail client whatsoever. I assume it's to try and push their wireless sync service.
    Wow!!! Bummer. Sprint did that in the beginning until some GSM folks extracted the email client and posted it here. Then everybody from Sprint started using it and complained to Handspring/PalmOne. So Palm made a beta version available for download. It's a nice free email client - much better than Eudora. If you Verizon folks want to try it, I'll post a link. It should work - should be a no brainer to try if you have backup software.

PS. Sprint's latest firmware includes Palm Mail v1.02a in ROM.
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Yep. Both pieces of software have been offered to dpwaters and AdamF, but feel free to post a link to it so others can give it a shot.

I'd already purchased SnapperMail by the time I found out about them, but I'd probably still be using SM due to it's features.
    And unfortunately they charge for VersaMail (that every non-Verizon user gets) at the Palm Store. Stop by the Verizon web site and post feedback. Their tech said they had a lot of complaints.
    I bought a Treo 600 from Verizon in mid-August, and it sure did come with an email client, which works with their Wireless Sync system. The app is called "Mail" from Intellisync. I'm currently running version 05.05.2064.

I tried to set up gmail through the wireless sync webpage (which lets you add POP and IMAP accounts), but I couldn't get it to work. I'm using the Snappermail demo now to get my gmail, but I don't love it, and don't feel like paying for it when the demo period ends. Any suggestions?
    I know when I first was playing around with WirelessSync, after installing it on my PC, I checked the "Install" folder for the Treo and there were a handful of .prc's in there. I'm assuming this was the Mail client that will eventually get installed on the Treo. But WirelessSync added a new conduit to my machine and I didn't like what it was doing so I uninstalled it and never installed those .prc's to my Treo. Maybe someone has those .prc's and can ZIP them. I could try again to see if I can get them, they may still be in my recycling bin. Not sure if that was simply the mail client and if it works without WirelessSync or if that client only works with WirelessSync?
    The Verizon wirelsss mail solution only works on PC. For those of us with Macs Verizon doesn't provide an email app for the palm. They chose not to include what naturally came with the Palm so they could force their users to use their specific system even if it is inferior. (As you found out trying to deal with gMail and other POP mail)
    I'd appreciate it if someone could post a link to the software.
    Here is the free mail client that was posted on Handspring/Sprint site a while back. I can't find the link so I attached the prc (zipped). The GSM mail client worked on Sprint T600 so I don't see why this won't work for Verizon T600. It's the best free mail client for POP email. IMO.
    Attached Files Attached Files