Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1217181920212223 LastLast
    Got mine earlier today.
    still have not got my gsm one ?!?
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    alas, patience is a virtue, but it is a bigger virtue than possessing a T650?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    Most likely will not get it until next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Most likely will not get it until next year.

party pooper.

btw, i think it is time to unstick this (and one or two others) puppy.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Congratulations on your new treo...

How is the speakerphone function?

On my 600, I love the speakerphone. It is loud and I have no problems hearing during my calls.

HOWEVER, the on the other end of my call, I always get complaints of echo on the call to the point that they want to end the call. I never had this problem with the Treo 300 or 270, but even with a replacment, it is a characteristic of the Treo 600 and is my reason to move from the 600 to the 650 soon.

So,

is there echo heard when you call with the Treo 650 and use the speakerphone?
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    I asked this question in another thread but no one seemed to know. For anyone who upgraded from the 600 to the 650, how is the signal pickup compared to the T600? Better? The same? Not as good?
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    Quote Originally Posted by djraw
    I asked this question in another thread but no one seemed to know. For anyone who upgraded from the 600 to the 650, how is the signal pickup compared to the T600? Better? The same? Not as good?
    I upbgraded from a T300. My T300 got great signal pickup, (SLC UT) and my T650 seems to be the same. Only once when in a shopping mall bacement carpark did it lose reseption. This is one of the main reasons that I stick with Sprint. I don't travel much and know the Sprint does not have good coverage in other locations, but here in SLC it is just fine.

I had T-Moble for a year and had to go out side of my home and place of work to get a signal at all. The experience was bad enough that I am not likely to ever give tham a second chance.
    I moved from the central part of the city to another part of Austin, and my signal with Sprint went from 1-2 bars in house to max bars all over, in elevators, malls, whatever. I think it just depends on where ya are. Sprint gave me solid digital signal from Austin to Vail, Colorado (that's some back woods y'all) , coming from Tmobile a year ago, I'm liking Sprint nowadays. can't wait to see how the 650 does.
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartphone Fan
    Congratulations on your new treo...

How is the speakerphone function?

is there echo heard when you call with the Treo 650 and use the speakerphone?
    I just called myself and put the T650 on speakerphone and listened with my home (landline) phone. No echo, I repeat, No echo. Wait a minute if I repeated then there is an echo, but on from the T650. The mic is not the greatest and sound quality could be better. But not so bad as to be a deal buster.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by christo1970
    I moved from the central part of the city to another part of Austin, and my signal with Sprint went from 1-2 bars in house to max bars all over, in elevators, malls, whatever. I think it just depends on where ya are. Sprint gave me solid digital signal from Austin to Vail, Colorado (that's some back woods y'all) , coming from Tmobile a year ago, I'm liking Sprint nowadays. can't wait to see how the 650 does.

How about anyone who went from a 600 to a 650 that's still living in the same area?
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    Spoke with Sprint yesterday. They said that you now have to get the 650 from the Sprint Stores. They said that the 650's were shipped out to the retail stores already. Has anyone seen them in the stores yet?
    I called Sprint today (around 2PM EST) and ordered my 650 without a hitch... Should be here tomorrow!
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    alas, patience is a virtue, but it is a bigger virtue than possessing a T650?
    I am in trouble then!
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Skypilot
    Spoke with Sprint yesterday. They said that you now have to get the 650 from the Sprint Stores. They said that the 650's were shipped out to the retail stores already. Has anyone seen them in the stores yet?
    Yep, I was at a Sprint store Wed 12/1 working through issues with my rebate and the guy next to me was buying a 650. I saw them bring out the box for him. Also, made sure he knew about TC. So if anyone cares this store has 'em:

Sprint Store - The Shops At Sugar Crossing
    403 Hwy 6 (@ 90)
    Sugar Land, TX 77478
    I've had the 650 for two days, and in my limited testing, I would say the reception is slightly better than my 600.

Two examples - I made a call with the 650 right near a dead spot where I usually drop a phone call, and it held the call just fine. Second, I work in a steel building that does not have reception. From my desk I was able to make a call and keep it. However, any slight movement 1 or 2 feet to either side, and I had no signal.

Do not look for any big improvement. I would say the same reception or oh-so-slightly better.
    YMMV
    Sprint Stores In Illinois Have Them, Wow The Camera Resolution Looks Much Better Than The 600 And I Like The Illuminted Buttons And The Llarger Keys But I Will Have To Wait For Cingular
    Quote Originally Posted by mbasrfun
    I called Sprint today (around 2PM EST) and ordered my 650 without a hitch... Should be here tomorrow!
    Just an update on my order placed Wed on the phone... Called today to check order status, and the order had been on hold because they were out of stock of... get this... the rebate form!! The guy in shipping I talked to seperated the orders and said the 650 would go out in the AM.
    I got mine! I got mine! I realize this is old news for a lot of people, but this thing is so awesome!!! AND I worked a deal with Sprint (I sell for them) so it was totally FREE!!!!! AND, I got them to replace my 600 today so it going straight to ebay!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    I ordered one from Sprint cause I was sick of waiting for mine from Vienna Channels. Its great!!! It really is.
    I went into work on a T.V. Show 3 days after I got it and at least 3 people on the crew said they will definitely get a 650 for themselves. I copied my Demo reel to the phone and played it for them on set!!! Right now I'm doing a Sony product demo spot and the Director has a 600 and we did a side by side, the screens are really different.
    Vienna Channels has sent me an email telling me that my Roadshow 650 is on its way, so I'll return my current one to Sprint and use the new one. My Vaja case is on its way so I'll be ready with that too.
    I'm really happy with this device, its my first smartphone so I don't have anything to compare it to. My first impression is that everyone will want one of these soon.