Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd
    gOt MInE YeStuRdaY, BuT CouLdN't GeT AlL ThAt i HAd oN My TrEo 300 InTO tHis ThInG. ThAT's JusT NoT RiGhT.. .
    How many caffeinated beverages do you have to drink to type like that?
    Just got mine!!@#
    Sprint told me not to use if for 2 hours while the service transfers...
    damm them!!
    nO CaFfeiNe SinCe 1977, bUt ThE eFfECt LInGerS On AnD oN. ..
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I've been drooling over all the posts here for a week, finally broke down and got a 650 mor myself and a Samsung A700 for the misses.
    I also got a Sandisk 512mb Ultra II SD card. I had a Kingston 512mb SD card but heard the Ultra II is much faster, from my informal tests it really its!

Here's a pic of my new Treo, my Ultra II SD card and my Bluetooth Motorola headset. (If you don't use bluetooth, you're really missing out!)
    I got it from a store on eBay with some nice discounts in monthly service, it shipped from Sprint warehouse in Louisville KY.
    Ordered it Monday, got it yesterday.
    Man this thing is cool !
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I GOT MY P1 T650, ordered on 13 Nov 04 about 2 hours ago. It provisioned in about 15 minutes, and then I synched with a reset loop, so I followed the instructions here:

650 upgrade guide

Which suggest you rename the backup folder to backupold, and then I added bejeweled and aol 3.2, one at a time, and wahooooo, the radio and all functions are now working perfectly. I figure it was the phone key program that was causing the reset (phoneaqua_SPCS.prc).

I have also paired the phone successfully with my bluespoon digital bluetooth headset, which by the way is AWESOME. Put me down as being 100% happy. Now it seems sad that I have to ship back the Sprint T650 that will supposedly arrive later today.

I am a happy gadget geek, with a blue light blinking on my ear, and the hottest new toy on the market.
    Jeff
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I got mine yesterday. I am writing this post while on the nj turnpike. the memory issue is not big for me even though I have 3800 contacts. bluetooth is great but the browser speed is the biggest improvement for me. it is great!
    Quote Originally Posted by nunzio
    I am writing this post while on the nj turnpike.
    I hope for your sake and the sake of others that someone else is driving.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    I just recived my PalmOne order, YAY!

I tried to hotsync with gnome-pilot, both on RedHat Enterprise 3 (gnome 2.2), and Ubuntu Linux (gnome 2.8). RHEL doesn't have the device entry in it's hotplug database yet, that I can fix.. Ubuntu detects and loads ttyUSB0/1 but the gpilotd never connects. both the Treo 650 and gpilotd are set to 57600 baud. Both machines tested with a Tungsten C previously, so I'll have to dig around to see if I can figure out the problem.

Anyone with some technical skills know about the changes in hotsync?
    Well, after much BS, I finally got the 650. Coming from a Sanyo 8100, I am having sensory overload right now. VERY happy though.
    Well folks my 650 came this afternoon, and as an early xmas present from palm one it shipped with a DEFECTIVE BLUETOOTH RADIO. I have a replacement on the way. My unit also experiences reset problems, and the bluetooth app locks up when I try to turn the radio on. Plus I can't seem to provision with sprint. At least it dials out.
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    much to my shock I have one of my own. my generous hubby surprised me with it when he got home from work. he got his 650 yesterday. I was going to wait for gsm but when my husband saw a crack in my resolve he bought me this one. he says I can return it if I don't like it and wait for gsm. but I like it just fine so far.
    Got mine yesterday *finally* from sprint. Ordered it last wednesday. Anyway. Took me less than 30 minutes to transfer esn and set up provisioning (even though they told me to wait 2 hrs) Memory issue int a problem since i'm not a power user. The phone is simply amazing. After a few hours of using it, the beautiful screen, faster browsing, and keyboard is totally worth the upgrade IMO.
    Ordered mine this Tuesday, yesterday at around 4:30pm, got an email saying my Treo 650 had shipped overnight with free bluetooth headset.

When I go to the order status page it says its shipped overnight, but i cant seem to find a tracking #. Guessing I will get it Friday if it shipped Wednesday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amuka
    Got mine yesterday *finally* from sprint. Ordered it last wednesday. Anyway. Took me less than 30 minutes to transfer esn and set up provisioning (even though they told me to wait 2 hrs) Memory issue int a problem since i'm not a power user. The phone is simply amazing. After a few hours of using it, the beautiful screen, faster browsing, and keyboard is totally worth the upgrade IMO.
    must wait for gsm...wait getting harder!
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    must wait for gsm...wait getting harder!
    Sprint's obviously no dummy for negotiating their monopoly period.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS
    Sprint's obviously no dummy for negotiating their monopoly period.
    I agree. it is clear that Sprint customers account for more than half of those here. I just do not understand why they have to be so coy about it. In the absence of candor about it, GSM customers feel that they are second class.
    Quote:
    I agree. it is clear that Sprint customers account for more than half of those here. I just do not understand why they have to be so coy about it. In the absence of candor about it, GSM customers feel that they are second class.

We're still all on the same Titanic cruise ship throughout all this.
    "I have to return some videotapes."
    Treo in hand since wednesday, provisioned since about 5 minutes after receipt. I've used it for 2 days - jury is still out
    BOFH/Chavous Camp

Don't know what BOFH stands for? See here.
    I'm getting my Treo 650 today. I got a Treo-sized package this morning with a big old dent in the side. I felt sick. When I opened it up, I realized it was two books I ordered from buy.com. Phew. :-)
    Well I rased hell to Sprint customer service last monday... Im on my 4th treo 600, and It's developing issues where it will lock up if I am doing something with it (like typing in a contact, playing a game or mp3) and a call or text message comes in. I took it into a pcs store to have it looked at, and they re-created the senario several times, and saw that it should be replaced. I told them that this is the 4th one... Can I get a Treo 650? They said that they had to replace it with a like item, which is true (I used to work for them remember?) so I had them put notes into my account that showed they tested it, and it failed, this is my 4th one, etc... Then I called CS. Told them what's up and that I want a 650, also told them subtlely that I'm not under contract, I work for Best Buy and the MPX 220 ill be free over the holiday weekend... She then said she would order me a 650, charge my account for it, and also send a return kit for my 600... When they get my 600 back, I get a credit for $599... to pay for the 650! Cool!!! Well I call in the next day to get a tracking number for it, but she didnt put the order number in the notes... But it shows that the order has been placed. Is there someone that can tell me what number that I can call to see about getting a tracking number???
    ...This ain't a phone or a PDA, It's a way of life!
    for all your multimedia needs, it's gotta be Starrwulfe Ltd!