Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223 LastLast
    I find blazer substantially improved. On the 600, I was gettng about 80kbps and now I'm over 100. That's not to mention the software improvements, etc.

(posted from my 650)
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    If you have a large database it will be an issue.

My contact software has 2400 contacts/records and notes, and it is too big for the 650's memory.
    I use Beyond Contacts as the treo 600 has the No Caller ID bug when you have more than about 1000 contacts.

My 3500 contacts take up 4038k on the 600.
    How much space would this take up on the 650?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyril
    I use Beyond Contacts as the treo 600 has the No Caller ID bug when you have more than about 1000 contacts.

My 3500 contacts take up 4038k on the 600.
    How much space would this take up on the 650?

I don't know for sure but based on my contacts (600/2.4meg and 650/14.9meg) I would guess somewhere around 20meg
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    I don't know for sure but based on my contacts (600/2.4meg and 650/14.9meg) I would guess somewhere around 20meg
    It seems as though I will have to write my own custom contacts program to work around this problem.

Edit: Just been playing with the Treo 650 simulator.
    If you are using the built-in contacts program the database size triples, but my Beyond Contacts database only doubles.

Bad, but it means I can still use Beyond Contacts with perhaps 5000 contacts on the Treo 650, as opposed to up to 10,000 on the Treo 600.
    Last edited by Cyril; 11/20/2004 at 07:22 AM.
    The TREO 300 had great recpetion for me, but the TREO 600 (on Sprint) had lousy reception.

Does anybody have any comments? Also, what about the battery?
    My first post from a treo (650)... Anyone try the 2 gb card yet?
    "Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere... Write that down."
    -Van Wilder
    I have lots of programs that need to be installed in the internal memory and I will not have space in the treo 650.
    What programs allow to run applications of the sd card if you dont have enough space in your internal memory? Is it Z launcher?
    Is it much faster when accesing the internet? O r using applications is it much faster?
  9.    #369  
    Moderator -
    I think we can "unstick" this thread now.....Too many other exciting things to read.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    This is my first Treo. It's a big upgrade from my previous VGA1000. So many functions! Here's a quick pic after I got home last night and found the brown box by my door.

http://img51.exs.cx/img51/7607/DSC00127a.jpg
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    mmmmmm....pibb xtra...my favorite......can't find it here in los angeles.....
    "Yet each man kills the thing he loves, from all let this be heard. Some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word. The coward does it with a kiss the brave man with the sword."
    -- Oscar Wilde
    Quote Originally Posted by alister
    This is my first Treo. It's a big upgrade from my previous VGA1000. So many functions! Here's a quick pic after I got home last night and found the brown box by my door.
    Does the Pibb Xtra come with bluetooth or WiFi? How much RAM does it have????

sorry...couldn't resist.
    Just got an e-mail confirmation from P1 at 1:20pm. I pre-ordered it on 10/8. They didn't send me any tracking though. I guess i will have it on Monday..

-----

Thank you for ordering the Treo(TM) smartphone from palmOne Sales. Please print this email and keep it for your reference.

After your new Treo smartphone arrives, you will need to activate your PCS Service from Sprint.

NEW SPRINT CUSTOMERS
    If you ordered the Treo smartphone with service activation, please call Sprint at 1.877.789.3969 to activate your service plan. Tell them which plan you have selected and which features you have included. You will also need to mention any special promotions. Be sure to have your fully charged Treo smartphone, a pen, your Social Security Number and driver's license number when you call.

CURRENT SPRINT CUSTOMERS
    If you are currently a Sprint customer, please visit call Sprint at 1-888-715-4588 from a landline phone (your regular home or office phone) to transfer your PCS Service Plan and current PCS Phone Number to your new Treo smartphone. In addition, be sure to turn off your old mobile phone before you call Sprint.
    Whatwas was your order number? Was that 1:20 pm central time?
    Hmmmm... On some pages, it's faster, others it's not. Does anyone experience a delay when starting or stopping a phone call? When I select hang up it can take several seconds before it actually does hang up...

Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    how is blazer?

is it smoother than on the treo 600?

the screen's res would no doubt enhance the browsing experience dramatically, but how is the speed and snappiness of the t650's browsing due to the 312mhz processor?

dramatically better?
    Last edited by IamVincent; 11/20/2004 at 07:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by alister

http://img51.exs.cx/img51/7607/DSC00127a.jpg
    i think the gsm version of mr pibb will support edge, (from what i have heard)
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Movement feels delayed when browsing over links and scrolling up/down wb pages while using Nav button.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Quote Originally Posted by IamVincent
    Hmmmm... On some pages, it's faster, others it's not. Does any experience a delay when starting or stopping a phone call? When I select hang up it can take several seconds before it actually does hang up...
    Hey Crap4k....I also received the email and called P1 to get the tracking number...don't expect it on Monday...they told me it won't be physically shipping until Monday for a Tuesday delivery. I did get a tracking number, and it is not yet in the FEDEx tracking system, so I suppose that is true. One more day....without a Treo.
    dmax, can you tell me what is your order number so I can have an idea of my order shipping date?
    lghitis, see PM I just sent.